Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted or heard back from the 4/12 interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my waitlist letter today. It says "alternate." Is there a difference between a waitlist and alternate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since NSU is unranked, would a letter of intent or possibly another letter of recommendation help my chances?

I got waitlisted (alternate) too. I wonder if anyone from the 4/12 interview has been accepted

Since NSU is unranked, would a letter of intent or possibly another letter of recommendation help my chances?

Expressing your interest in a program is always a good idea when it comes to getting off of a WL, especially if you have personal ties to the area.

could someone tag me to where they talk about campus apartments and living (on and off campus)

The year I was accepted I wasn't taken off the wait list until late June / early July. You all still have some time so don't lose hope. I would definitely recommend sending letter of intent if you are truly interested in nova. Best of Luck to you all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted or heard back from the 4/12 interview?

Hey! did your letter say alternate or waiting list?

I got my waitlist letter today. It says "alternate." Is there a difference between a waitlist and alternate?

I interviewed on 4/12 and was placed on the Alternate List via mail the following week. I think Alternate List is the same thing as a waitlist from the way the Admissions Counselors talked about it (i.e. you either get accepted, placed on an alternate list, or rejected), but that's just my guess.

Really hoping for a big waitlist push in the next couple of weeks before I move forward with re-applying and re-taking the MCAT :barf:

I interviewed on 4/12 and was placed on the Alternate List via mail the following week. I think Alternate List is the same thing as a waitlist from the way the Admissions Counselors talked about it (i.e. you either get accepted, placed on an alternate list, or rejected), but that's just my guess.
I interviewed 4/11 but haven't heard anything (mail or email). Should I take this as a bad sign? Or is anyone still waiting on a reply as well?

I interviewed 4/11 but haven't heard anything (mail or email). Should I take this as a bad sign? Or is anyone still waiting on a reply as well?
I know there were a couple of people on this thread who had to wait several weeks (month +) before receiving any notification. The deadline for people holding multiple acceptances to make a decision is April 30th, so there should definitely be more info coming out soon. (Or just email the admissions team, they've always been helpful with my requests.)

I know there were a couple of people on this thread who had to wait several weeks (month +) before receiving any notification. The deadline for people holding multiple acceptances to make a decision is April 30th, so there should definitely be more info coming out soon. (Or just email the admissions team, they've always been helpful with my requests.)
AACOMAS reports to schools the students with multiple acceptances and held seats on May 15.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Nova strictly adhere to the 3.0 cGPA/sGPA minimum requirement? Interested in applying next coming cycle, thanks!!

Just got ACCEPTED off alternate list!! Too excited!! :soexcited:

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 10 users

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you :) I thought they told April interviews that they will meet may 2nd, but I guess that means responses are going out. *fingers crossed* super nervous!

Reactions: 1 user

there is no official ranking system for D.O. programs. Know that PCOM, NSUCOM, MSUCOM, and TOURO are the top tier D.O. schools, with equal or higher averages than about 10% of national M.D. programs. That said, NSU uses real physician consultation when reviewing your file, so a letter of intent wouldn't be a bad idea.

Does Nova strictly adhere to the 3.0 cGPA/sGPA minimum requirement? Interested in applying next coming cycle, thanks!!

yes they do, those will be even more enforced with the changes coming to AACOMAS and the AOA as a whole.

there is no official ranking system for D.O. programs. Know that PCOM, NSUCOM, MSUCOM, and TOURO are the top tier D.O. schools, with equal or higher averages than about 10% of national M.D. programs. That said, NSU uses real physician consultation when reviewing your file, so a letter of intent wouldn't be a bad idea.
He/she means they don't "rank" their waitlist, although I'm not sure how he/she knows that.

Yes I meant if a letter of intent would help for an unranked waitlist system. I also got the CMO of my company to write me a letter so I hope that gives me a push to get in!

Yes I meant if a letter of intent would help for an unranked waitlist system. I also got the CMO of my company to write me a letter so I hope that gives me a push to get in!

Oh, well I have no idea if they rank their waitlist either. Sorry for the miscommunication!

Their letter said the waitlist is unranked.
I (vaguely) remember the admissions counselor on interview day saying the list is "ranked internally" (i.e. they don't share that info with applicants). I recommend sending a letter of intent if Nova is where you want to be!

Congrats! And I'm not surprised given your strong stats. You probably would've received an immediate acceptance if you had interviewed earlier in the cycle.

GPA 3.58 / sGPA 3.75 / MCAT 29 / IS
Strong connection to South Florida, MPH background, good leadership and community engagement experience

Hey guys, How long does it usually take to receive matriculation package once you pay for deposit?

Is there anyone who hasn't yet heard a decision after their interview? I would love to go here, but I still haven't heard back :(

When is it a good time to start the reapplication process? I'd like to wait before throwing money away but sending my application late this cycle was the biggest issue I had.

Does anyone recall how many people they said they pull off the waitlist? / percent
Not exactly sure. At my interview Marleyn said that everyone that gets an interview is in a good position and the two med students that have us the tour said nearly everyone in their group matriculated.

Does anyone recall how many people they said they pull off the waitlist? / percent
I remember being told it's like 75%. They try to give as little wiggle room as possible so students aren't left hanging, but inevitably a few don't make it off the list.

does anybody have the email to send a LOI to? I cant find mareylrn or melissas email.