Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Furthermore if possible could anyone give me some insight of what the interview process is like please !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone I recently e-submit my pharmcas and my transcripts have been in for some time now. Nova is my school of choice and I'm really hoping to get an interview from them. Do you all think I have a good shot with a 54 on my pcat composite . Sub scores 85 bio 82 quant and 59 chem but really bad reading comp and verbal. My gpa is 3.7 rite now .
Your PCAT is a lil bit low, but you got a good Math and Bio scores, so that might help. But your GPA is great! You should at least get an interview :)
Now, the interview itself was really nice. Its from 8:30am to 3pm. You will divided into 2 groups, one will interview first, while the 2nd one gets a tour of the HPD building. Usually 2-3 professors will interview you, there are a few professors that will be harder than others, but try to keep ur smile and answer their questions honestly. Good luck! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, after I finished novas supplemental application a person from nova called me. He asked me to verify my address and then asked me if I had any questions. That was all though. What does this mean?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Hey guys, after I finished novas supplemental application a person from nova called me. He asked me to verify my address and then asked me if I had any questions. That was all though. What does this mean?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
I got that too

Your PCAT is a lil bit low, but you got a good Math and Bio scores, so that might help. But your GPA is great! You should at least get an interview :)
Now, the interview itself was really nice. Its from 8:30am to 3pm. You will divided into 2 groups, one will interview first, while the 2nd one gets a tour of the HPD building. Usually 2-3 professors will interview you, there are a few professors that will be harder than others, but try to keep ur smile and answer their questions honestly. Good luck! :D

so I am just finishing my app and I have a question, how many advanced Sciences do we need at NOVA? I took, microbiology and I am taking Biochemistry this spring,

do I need molecular or cellular biology? :unsure:

Last edited:
so I am just finishing my app and I have a question, how many advanced Sciences do we need at NOVA? I took, microbiology and I am taking Biochemistry this spring,

do I need molecular or cellular biology? :unsure:

You just need 6 semester credits. Between microbiology and biochem , you should have enough.

Hi guys! Has anyone received their shark link yet? Just wondering if I'm the only one still waiting on mine :)

So , has anyone looked into housing yet? I know it's kind of early but it's good to have an idea.
So far Rolling Hills looks decent but it's kind of expensive since one room costs over $1100 a month and it's not that big.

Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted my suplimental when I received the email link

i submitted my suplimental when I received the email link
So, when PharmCAS calculated your GPA they sent you the email link? I've submitted my PharmCAS app on Oct. 31 , that's why was wondering how long they take normally to calculate the GPA and to send sup. app.

They took exactly 2 weeks to verify my gpa

I submitted the Pharmcas on 10/28 and still waiting my gpa to be verified!!! so nervous!!! Hope to hear back from this school soon!!!!

Hey everyone!
I am also applying to Nova for Fall 2016!

Good luck to you all!!!!

Hi everyone! Interviewed on 11/4 . Anyone have an idea of when we should hear the admissions decision?

So, when PharmCAS calculated your GPA they sent you the email link? I've submitted my PharmCAS app on Oct. 31 , that's why was wondering how long they take normally to calculate the GPA and to send sup. app.
In my case it took 3 weeks to verify my GPA and I received the supplemental application from Nova about 4 or 5 days after. I submitted my supplemental within minutes of receiving it, and 3 or 4 days after that I got my interview invite phone call.

In the Supplemental App for Nova, it asks for campus preference and while my main preference is the Puerto Rico campus, I wanted to ask between both the Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale campus which one would be better in terms of cost of living and professional opportunities?

In the Supplemental App for Nova, it asks for campus preference and while my main preference is the Puerto Rico campus, I wanted to ask between both the Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale campus which one would be better in terms of cost of living and professional opportunities?
The Ft. Lauderdale campus offers the best professional opportunities. All of the health care professionals are in the same building at the Ft. Lauderdale (Davie) campus.

In my case it took 3 weeks to verify my GPA and I received the supplemental application from Nova about 4 or 5 days after. I submitted my supplemental within minutes of receiving it, and 3 or 4 days after that I got my interview invite phone call.
Thank you so much for the info :) My GPA got verified today. In supplemental of Nova, did they ask you for writing a paragraph? I heard PBA does.

It's really a matter of personal opinion. The Palm Beach campus is generally speaking "less competitive" to gain acceptance into. The Ft. Lauderdale campus (being that it is the MAIN campus) I believe will have more resources, more volunteer opportunities, and more internship opportunities to chose from. As far as living expenses I'm not quite sure. They may run at about the same. The Ft. Lauderdale campus has the Rolling Hills apartments available for the Nova students that has an incredible pool, laundry room, and direct shuttles to the school that run every 10 minutes. An apartment at rolling hills costs 14,000 a year ($1,166 monthly).

Thank you so much for the info :) My GPA got verified today. In supplemental of Nova, did they ask you for writing a paragraph? I heard PBA does.
I think it did... In fact I think the question just asked about why you are applying to Nova. Nothing too complicated fortunately! :)

Does anyone think that nova asking for the other pharmacy schools you are applying to is weird? One on hand if you put that nova is your only option then they can be laid back. On the other hand, if you are applying to other schools it seems that they won't consider you as strongly as they should. Just wondering what the consensus if any is on the forum.

Does anyone think that nova asking for the other pharmacy schools you are applying to is weird? One on hand if you put that nova is your only option then they can be laid back. On the other hand, if you are applying to other schools it seems that they won't consider you as strongly as they should. Just wondering what the consensus if any is on the forum.
They only ask this on the supplemental. During the interview they do not question the schools you are applying to. Don't stress about it too much. If they do ask, and if you are applying to multiple schools then you can use the "I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket" excuse. it's very logical to apply to a couple of schools, unless you have a 4.0 and a 99 percentile on the PCAT, and the admissions committee knows this.

Anyone on this thread applying to the Puerto Rico campus?

No, I haven't heard back yet. Is it too early to start calling the admissions office and asking them for the admissions decision? ;) Tomorrow is the 2 week mark.
they meet once a month to decide who gets in. Best thing you can do is call and ask when thats gonna happen :)

they meet once a month to decide who gets in. Best thing you can do is call and ask when thats gonna happen :)
Thank you! Good to know! In that case, I will definitely be making a phone call on Friday if I don't hear from them before then. :)

Hello everyone! I'm a current P1 at NOVA's Palm Beach campus. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to all those that are still waiting to hear back. I remember how nervous I was this time last year and I really didn't have anyone there for guidance. So, if anyone has questions I will try my best to answer them. Thanks and Good Luck!

It's really a matter of personal opinion. The Palm Beach campus is generally speaking "less competitive" to gain acceptance into. The Ft. Lauderdale campus (being that it is the MAIN campus) I believe will have more resources, more volunteer opportunities, and more internship opportunities to chose from. As far as living expenses I'm not quite sure. They may run at about the same. The Ft. Lauderdale campus has the Rolling Hills apartments available for the Nova students that has an incredible pool, laundry room, and direct shuttles to the school that run every 10 minutes. An apartment at rolling hills costs 14,000 a year ($1,166 monthly).

I know you are speaking on your own terms but the palm beach campus is NOT less competitive to get acceptance. I am slightly offended by your statement considering I worked hard to get to where I am. There are some students I'm in class with that got accepted to the main campus but chose the Palm Beach campus. Yes you have better access to professors, but we have access to those same professors and I have not experienced a problem with it yet. I recently went down to the main campus and found I prefer my campus better. I walk around my campus and people (professors, security, students) know my name and my face. I pay less for my apartment than the $1,166 spent monthly at rolling hills. I don't have to deal with the traffic around campus and spend less than a minute finding a place to park everyday. There are many resources, volunteer opportunities, and internship opportunities in this area. In fact, you have a better chance of creating a close relationship with pharmacists in the area due to less students (less competition). It's about about the effort that YOU put into making those opportunities. That means you don't sit and wait to hear about an internship, you proactively contact people and show interest. All in all, both campuses have their benefits. But DO NOT belittle my campus nor the students that worked hard to get to where they are.

I know you are speaking on your own terms but the palm beach campus is NOT less competitive to get acceptance. I am slightly offended by your statement considering I worked hard to get to where I am. There are some students I'm in class with that got accepted to the main campus but chose the Palm Beach campus. Yes you have better access to professors, but we have access to those same professors and I have not experienced a problem with it yet. I recently went down to the main campus and found I prefer my campus better. I walk around my campus and people (professors, security, students) know my name and my face. I pay less for my apartment than the $1,166 spent monthly at rolling hills. I don't have to deal with the traffic around campus and spend less than a minute finding a place to park everyday. There are many resources, volunteer opportunities, and internship opportunities in this area. In fact, you have a better chance of creating a close relationship with pharmacists in the area due to less students (less competition). It's about about the effort that YOU put into making those opportunities. That means you don't sit and wait to hear about an internship, you proactively contact people and show interest. All in all, both campuses have their benefits. But DO NOT belittle my campus nor the students that worked hard to get to where they are.
Congratulations on your acceptance. I'm so glad that you enjoy your campus and that the housing that you're currently living in is cheaper than Rolling Hills. I did not, by any circumstances, "belittle" your campus. There are less applicants to the palm beach campus which means you're competing against a smaller group of applicants. I never said that you worked any less to get there...

Got my acceptance a couple of hours ago! Check your emails guys!! :)

I was doing the supplemental application and was wondering how long the answer should be when it asked why Nova? Thanks in advance

I was doing the supplemental application and was wondering how long the answer should be when it asked why Nova? Thanks in advance
I think a paragraph will suffice. :) I would say I wrote about 5 sentences.

Yeah , but they haven't gotten back to me and other schools have including usf , Palm beach Atlantic

is anybody having interview at NOVA in december? I submitted my supplemental but haven't heard back from them.

is anybody having interview at NOVA in december? I submitted my supplemental but haven't heard back from them.
I'm in your same boat, I submitted mine on 11/10 and a day later I received a call from them stating that I would hear back from them in about 4-6 weeks. He explained to me that they review them only 1-2 times a month or something and that is why it could possibly take that long to get a response o_O

I'm in your same boat, I submitted mine on 11/10 and a day later I received a call from them stating that I would hear back from them in about 4-6 weeks. He explained to me that they review them only 1-2 times a month or something and that is why it could possibly take that long to get a response o_O

oh really?, I had lot of issues submitting my supplemental, every time I hit the submit button all I got was an error message, so I ended up paying 3 times :(:confused::confused:, at this point I still do not know if they have received my application, but they did receive my 3 fees so that means they have received the application or not?, I emailed them but haven't heard back from them.

Last edited:
oh really?, I had lot of issues submitting my supplemental, every time I hit the submit button all I got was an error message, so I ended up paying 3 times :(:confused::confused:, at this point I still do not know if they have received my application, but they did receive my 3 fees so that means they have received the application or not?, I emailed them but haven't heard back from them.
Call them:thumbup: and I am sure they'll take care of this as soon as possible.

Call them:thumbup: and I am sure they'll take care of this as soon as possible.
I finally submitted today, I had to pay to submit again the app lol, but I called them and all the money should be back soon hahaha thank u!! :D