Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM)- Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trust me, I wouldn't bring it up if I haven't already seen it multiple times. It's an awful feeling to witness one of your classmates being kicked out of an exam. Don't do it!

What happens after they're kicked out? Are they not allowed a retake or do they just fail the test?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone thinking about themed housing? I would prefer to not think about bills or driving to class. My concern is A. paying way too much and B. messy roommates.

Hello everyone.
Congrats on your acceptance!

My name is AD. I'm currently a 3rd year student and I will have a room for rent starting July 15th about 4 miles from school for about $650 plus utilities. I've lived here since I started school and its a great place to live. I'm looking for a medical student roommate just because I know you yall will be meaningfully busy. Preference for someone who is clean and neat, non smoker and no pets please. Please message me for more details and a little about yourself if your interested at [email protected].

Appreciate it and good luck!

Hey all. I'm a 3rd year at NOVA. If anyone is interested in ARMY HPSP, please contact me. I can answer your questions to the bet of my ability and put you in touch with the right people.

Can a current student comment on the off-campus housing options? I see quite a few that are pretty close to the school. Are there any that we should definitely check out and look into, or stay away from all together?

Can a current student comment on the off-campus housing options? I see quite a few that are pretty close to the school. Are there any that we should definitely check out and look into, or stay away from all together?

Don't go for THE absolute cheapest places. Many of my classmates live at Rolling Hills, Sunforest, Sundance, Palm Trace Landing, etc. Others live in Plantation, which has many options as well. There are plenty of apartment complexes in the area, it's just a matter of balancing cost with distance.

Don't go for THE absolute cheapest places. Many of my classmates live at Rolling Hills, Sunforest, Sundance, Palm Trace Landing, etc. Others live in Plantation, which has many options as well. There are plenty of apartment complexes in the area, it's just a matter of balancing cost with distance.

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Anyone thinking about themed housing? I would prefer to not think about bills or driving to class. My concern is A. paying way too much and B. messy roommates.

After looking at reviews for some of the apartments, I'm seriously considering it lol

Hey guys, what options do we have for the deposit payment. What credit cards do they accept? Anyone pay with a check? And if so, does the check have to be there by the deadline or postmarked by the deadline? I get paid the day after the deadline so I'm trying to figure out my options.

I was under the impression that the acceptance packet would have instructions on paying the $1250 fee, but I received mine today and it doesn't have any. Can anybody help me out with this? Did you get a separate email or something in the mail with instructions? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression that the acceptance packet would have instructions on paying the $1250 fee, but I received mine today and it doesn't have any. Can anybody help me out with this? Did you get a separate email or something in the mail with instructions? thanks!

I received a paper that had instructions on how to pay by credit card online. (I used my checking card that has visa logo on it).

The link is https://touchnet.nova.edu/ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=5&CATID=488

For checks I'm guessing you mail it in to same place as transcripts? not really sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I cant wait to start this fall. Would any of you be interested in pairing together to look for places around the Ft. Lauderdale area? I've already started looking at places and have found some good ones. I'd like to share a 2bed/2bath apartment with one other person. If you're interested, PM me and we'll talk more.

Anyone receive an interview via telephone and was accepted?

In case anyone is not on the facebook group, I called student services and as of now classes begin on August 5th and the white coat ceremony is August 11th.

Also, students from previous years say that these dates may change before gametime.

Congrats again to everyone and good luck finding something to do until August!

In case anyone is not on the facebook group, I called student services and as of now classes begin on August 5th and the white coat ceremony is August 11th.

Also, students from previous years say that these dates may change before gametime.

Congrats again to everyone and good luck finding something to do until August!

Any word if that is orientation start date or actual class start date?

Sent from my Galaxy S2, I think. But I don't really know, I'm just a lowly premed.

Sent from my Galaxy S2, I think. But I don't really know, I'm just a lowly premed.

She said they are the same. Spooky.

Your white coat ceremony is a week after the start of classes? Weird... Mine was the day before. Anyways, I think someone posted our first semester schedule on the Facebook group. First week is mostly orientation with some lectures sprinkled in. By second week you're already in med school full throttle.

I'll be starting this Fall and just came back from a personal visit to NSU Davie today. Happy to answer questions if I can.
btw everyone, I'm looking for a female roommate. If you're a non-smoker / no pets, PM me! I've got pet allergies :/

Kahuku on Oahu? I went to Kalaheo!!

That's the right Kahuku, but the name comes from the mythical "kahuku monkey" in the kahuku army training area. The kahuku monkey would steal the goodies in soldiers ruck sacks when they were away on missions, patrols, etc.

Jenna, you are welcome to join the Facebook group. Lots of members there already looking for roomies.

Hi guys, I am a M3 at NSU and if you're looking for a great place a stone's throw from campus, I am moving out of Sundance which is the apartment complex directly across from nova dental school on 30th st. I don't own the place but am just looking to help anyone out. It is a 1 BR/1 Bath apartment with upgraded marble-like floor, vaulted ceilings, AND furnished. He is asking $1100 (includes water) which is a pretty good deal considering its upgraded and furnished (normal going price is about 1100 unfurnished/nonupgraded). Its cheaper then sun forest (which can screw you on water since its shared per building) and it is also closer to school. Walking to class/library everyday was invaluable to me staying on top of my studies. If you or anyone incoming is interested please call 305-389-8097, landlord's name is Rassoul Abtahi. Thanks!

Do you think it is reasonable to live an hour away and commute when necessary?
26.jpg

Lol.

No.

Hey! Not sure if this is the correct thread. Do any of you know about the transfer process into NOVA from another DO school? It seems pretty difficult, especially until after COMLEX, but the information on your website seems pretty vague. Do you know of anyone or anything about it and if it is actually possible?