Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM)- Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ravizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats Everyone!! Really excited to start here in the fall.

FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/473130336052170/

Useful links:

Off campus housing guide: http://www.nova.edu/reslife/offcampus/index.html?albumid=album-173

PDF of local housing options (Credit- Neurolax):
http://www.nova.edu/reslife/forms/offcampus_mc_apartmentlist.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Lets get this thread moving again. Where's the other NSU future students!?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a pretty good chance I'll be attending here :D

How long did it take you guys to get the acceptance package in the mail? I interviewed Dec. 13th and haven't received anything yet...

How long did it take you guys to get the acceptance package in the mail? I interviewed Dec. 13th and haven't received anything yet...

I got mine about a week after my acceptance email.

I'm guessing the holidays may have delayed yours. I would call and make sure. You don't want to miss a deposit deadline or anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Yeah it took about a week or so for me too. And I'm from the midwest

I'm guessing the holidays may have delayed yours. I would call and make sure. You don't want to miss a deposit deadline or anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Dude, you and I interviewed the same day and I have yet to get my acceptance packet. The kicker? I live 45 minutes from the school.

Dude, you and I interviewed the same day and I have yet to get my acceptance packet. The kicker? I live 45 minutes from the school.

What? That's crazy. I'm all the way in California!

Have u called admissions? I bet they forgot to send you one. They are pretty unorganized.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Yeah it took about a week or so for me too. And I'm from the midwest

Thanks guys, I guess I'll give em a call on Monday. If you guys remember, how long did you guys have to put down the deposit?

Thanks guys, I guess I'll give em a call on Monday. If you guys remember, how long did you guys have to put down the deposit?

30 days from the date on the acceptance letter.

When you got your acceptance email did they attach a PDF of the acceptance letter? The deposit deadline date should be in there. If you need the link to pay online, since you didn't get the packet with the info, shoot me a pm.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

30 days from the date on the acceptance letter.

When you got your acceptance email did they attach a PDF of the acceptance letter? The deposit deadline date should be in there. If you need the link to pay online, since you didn't get the packet with the info, shoot me a pm.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Oh man, thanks for that. I didn't even realize there was a PDF attachment with that email until you mentioned it just now. Looks like my deposit is due the 21st of this month, cutting it kinda close :eek: I'll be sending you a PM soon.

Did your PDF also say that you need to submit a LOR from a science prof in addition to your transcripts? Mine says that they need one -_-?

Oh man, thanks for that. I didn't even realize there was a PDF attachment with that email until you mentioned it just now. Looks like my deposit is due the 21st of this month, cutting it kinda close :eek: I'll be sending you a PM soon.

Did your PDF also say that you need to submit a LOR from a science prof in addition to your transcripts? Mine says that they need one -_-?

My letter said I needed a non science letter, but I called Anastasia the admissions counselor, and she said my letters that I sent in were adequate.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

What? That's crazy. I'm all the way in California!

Have u called admissions? I bet they forgot to send you one. They are pretty unorganized.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Every time I call admissions i'm put on hold for 10+ minutes. Then when I eventually get through to them they transfer me over to Anastasia who I could have emailed. I've gotten so frustrated with that office

Members don't see this ad :)
Every time I call admissions i'm put on hold for 10+ minutes. Then when I eventually get through to them they transfer me over to Anastasia who I could have emailed. I've gotten so frustrated with that office

Call Linda Ferris. I have never been able to get in touch with Anastasia. She is good about responding to emails but usually I get a response about a week later. Which given how many she must get every day is very good. I have always been able to get to Linda.

Call Linda Ferris. I have never been able to get in touch with Anastasia. She is good about responding to emails but usually I get a response about a week later. Which given how many she must get every day is very good. I have always been able to get to Linda.

What's her email? I don't seem to have it

Dolfan are you 45 north or south? Just trying to figure out how many kids from fau made it in.

Cant wait to start. WOOOOOOH

So what are everyone's plans with housing? On campus, off campus, live alone, live with people?

I'm thinking of living off campus because then you can bring a pet :D. I'll probably bring my cat from home...but I've been really wanting to get a dog for the past year or so. I was thinking that I could train it before med school starts, but getting a dog is probably a bad idea....?

So what are everyone's plans with housing? On campus, off campus, live alone, live with people?

I'm thinking of living off campus because then you can bring a pet :D. I'll probably bring my cat from home...but I've been really wanting to get a dog for the past year or so. I was thinking that I could train it before med school starts, but getting a dog is probably a bad idea....?

My plan is to live off campus, with a roommate, but walking distance to school.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I'm living off campus with my boyfriend and our dog. I think a dog is perfectly manageable of you get the right one for your situation. Obviously a dog with a a ton of energy that bounces off the walls would be harder to deal with then one with a more mellow personality. From the Facebook group it seems quite a few of us are bringing our pups with us :)

My plan is to live off campus, with a roommate, but walking distance to school.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I'm pretty much thinking the same thing, except idk about the roommate bit yet :shrug:

I'm living off campus with my boyfriend and our dog. I think a dog is perfectly manageable of you get the right one for your situation. Obviously a dog with a a ton of energy that bounces off the walls would be harder to deal with then one with a more mellow personality. From the Facebook group it seems quite a few of us are bringing our pups with us :)

Yeah, at my interview a ton of people mentioned bringing a dog and living off campus. Out of curiosity, what kind of dog do you guys have?

I'm pretty much thinking the same thing, except idk about the roommate bit yet :shrug:

Yeah, at my interview a ton of people mentioned bringing a dog and living off campus. Out of curiosity, what kind of dog do you guys have?

He's a pit bull/chow chow mix. He's around 45lbs.

I want to get a dog so badly, so so freaking badly. So that being said I'll live off campus somewhere near by and get a rescue.

I want to get a dog so badly, so so freaking badly. So that being said I'll live off campus somewhere near by and get a rescue.

Do it! Mine was a rescue. Best decision I ever made and getting a rescue made it easy for me to find a dog that fit my lifestyle to a tee.

He's a pit bull/chow chow mix. He's around 45lbs.

My friend had a chow chow and it was a very calm/chilled out dog. Really friendly too!

I'm going to guess from your avatar that you're from the area? My two reservations with getting a dog are that 1.) I'll have to take it back home with me over breaks and 2.) what would happen during rotations (or even the first two years) when I'm not going to be home for a whole day? I'd kind of feel bad about leaving a dog at home alone for a long period of time. I've heard some people bring two dogs so that they can entertain each other while you're gone, but I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea for me...

Last edited:
I interviewed on 12/13 and the committee was waiting on one of my transcripts for my full acceptance. I'm pretty sure I'm coming to Nova. I really do love the environment there.

I am planning on living off campus with my cat, hopefully some place near or in walking distance to Nova. I would need a roommate.

Congrats angel! There is already plenty of chatter on the Facebook group about pets and human roommates.

Does NSU record lectures? link if possible, please. I'm wondering if I need to stay close to campus or if I can wander and go to school as needed. it's tough to make a decision without a knowledge of the day-to-day logistics.

At our interview they said a majority of lectures are recorded

Anytime :). On top of that, my class is in the midst of improving the Tegrity recordings for both of us next year.

Is it true attendance for lecture is no longer mandatory?

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Do you think it is reasonable to live an hour away and commute when necessary?

I would recommend not living that far away. You don't want to get caught in South Florida traffic in the morning, which can be unpredictable due to accidents on the highways and such. To be frank, if you're late for an exam, you're SOL. Not to mention you'd be driving two hours a day which sucks in and of itself.

Is there something keeping you from living closer to campus?

Anyone looking for a roommate to rent a house with this Fall?!

It is cheaper to rent a house 10-20 minutes away than live in graduate housing and... It's a house.

I would recommend not living that far away. You don't want to get caught in South Florida traffic in the morning, which can be unpredictable due to accidents on the highways and such. To be frank, if you're late for an exam, you're SOL. Not to mention you'd be driving two hours a day which sucks in and of itself.

Is there something keeping you from living closer to campus?

I have the option of not paying room and board if I stay in Miami, in which case I would not travel to NSU every day. I'd just do lectures online and travel when necessary. Clearly, I'm leaning towards moving to the immediate area but any idea that saves you that much money is worth assessing. The question I have to ask myself is whether or not it's worth the risk academically to distance myself.

Ironically I have a fear of being late for anything, and despite the fact that I grew up in Miami, I hadn't weighed the idea of being late for an exam. I don't think this is a debate anymore :laugh:

I have the option of not paying room and board if I stay in Miami, in which case I would not travel to NSU every day. I'd just do lectures online and travel when necessary. Clearly, I'm leaning towards moving to the immediate area but any idea that saves you that much money is worth assessing. The question I have to ask myself is whether or not it's worth the risk academically to distance myself.

Ironically I have a fear of being late for anything, and despite the fact that I grew up in Miami, I hadn't weighed the idea of being late for an exam. I don't think this is a debate anymore :laugh:

Trust me, I wouldn't bring it up if I haven't already seen it multiple times. It's an awful feeling to witness one of your classmates being kicked out of an exam. Don't do it!