NOVA Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waapo2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I just had my interview today at NOVA. Here's my experience:

The interview will take place in the Terry administration building. Everyone got lost due to some reason. The interview is in a small room in the admissions and financial aid office.

Check in begins at 7:30 am. First, is the actual interview. You will be interviewed by 2 doctors. They asked questions like "if you caught someone cheating, what would you do, why Optometry, why Nova, how was your shadowing experience, explain the profession of Optometry to a 4th grader, etc.

After the individual interviews, they talked to us about financial aid. Then around 10:00, we got a tour of the clinic facilities.

11:00- lunch with the dean. Don't worry it wasn't pizza. We had triangle chicken pesto sandwiches, chips, cookies, water and soda.

12:00- questions and answers with second year students.

1:00- campus bus tour

2:00- day ended

Overall, it was great and very laid back. Everyone was very friendly. The campus and facilities were very nice.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. Good luck to anyone who has an interview with NOVA!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys!

I just had my interview today at NOVA. Here's my experience:

The interview will take place in the Terry administration building. Everyone got lost due to some reason. The interview is in a small room in the admissions and financial aid office.

Check in begins at 7:30 am. First, is the actual interview. You will be interviewed by 2 doctors. They asked questions like "if you caught someone cheating, what would you do, why Optometry, why Nova, how was your shadowing experience, explain the profession of Optometry to a 4th grader, etc.

After the individual interviews, they talked to us about financial aid. Then around 10:00, we got a tour of the clinic facilities.

11:00- lunch with the dean. Don't worry it wasn't pizza. We had triangle chicken pesto sandwiches, chips, cookies, water and soda.

12:00- questions and answers with second year students.

1:00- campus bus tour

2:00- day ended

Overall, it was great and very laid back. Everyone was very friendly. The campus and facilities were very nice.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. Good luck to anyone who has an interview with NOVA!!!!

thanks for sharing this! was the interview open file, and around how many questions did they ask you and how long did the interview part take? also, how many questions did they expect you to ask? i'm making a list and not sure which ones i should save for asking the students vs the interviewers... and do you know what their policy on brining guests is? (like having a family member with you for the tours and other parts besides the interview)

thanks for sharing this! was the interview open file, and around how many questions did they ask you and how long did the interview part take? also, how many questions did they expect you to ask? i'm making a list and not sure which ones i should save for asking the students vs the interviewers... and do you know what their policy on brining guests is? (like having a family member with you for the tours and other parts besides the interview)

Oh yea I forgot to mention that the interview was open file. The interview itself was only 15-20 minutes long. I think about 7 questions. I lost track of count. But then they ask if you have any questions. Make sure to ask them questions bc it will look like you are very interested in their school. So I brought my parents with me. However, they were not on campus. They went exploring around the city.