Notre Dame of Maryland University SOP (C/O 2021)/(2017 applicants)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beauty&Love

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I didn't see a thread for NDM pharmacy c/o 2021 so I decided to create one!
Who has gotten accepted here and is planning to go? I interviewed in late December and have chosen to attend here for pharmacy school!

Members don't see this ad.

I took my interview November 29 2016 and. Got my acceptance 2 days later. I like the schools and it was my first choice to.

I took my interview November 29 2016 and. Got my acceptance 2 days later. I like the schools and it was my first choice to.
Congrats! Are you planning to live on or off campus? I'm coming from out-of-state so I'm leaning towards living on-campus the first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm out of state as well from New York. I'm living on campus to be close to the library and classes and to focus on classes. I don't drive yet or have a car so I will move off for years 2 to 4. I had to take an ethics class which I just took online and finals was today online and I passed. Other than that I took all my pre-reqs. I just need to make the second deposit, send transcripts and do a physical for the health records for the school.

Hey everyone,

Who has gotten accepted here and is planning to go? I interviewed in late December and have chosen to attend here for pharmacy school!

Interviewed. High possibility that I'm going there. Love the campus and faculty. Anyone planning on living on campus for the first year? I'm coming from out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have a question for everyone that's been accepted. I noticed it's a predominantly woman's school. Is it normal to have guys go there too?

I have a question for everyone that's been accepted. I noticed it's a predominantly woman's school. Is it normal to have guys go there too?
I'm an undergraduate student at NDMU that just got accepted to the SOP yesterday! Seeing pharmacy students every day on campus and being friends with some of them, it's totally normal for guys to go here. I'd say each SOP class is pretty equal in terms of gender.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed. High possibility that I'm going there. Love the campus and faculty. Anyone planning on living on campus for the first year? I'm coming from out of state.

Congrats! I'm coming from out of state- as well so I'm looking into living on campus for the first year. The only down side is that there is no AC in the dorm. But pharm students do get their own room.

Hey everyone,

Yay! I have been trying to find my future classmates. I got accepted a week before Christmas. I'm from New Orleans and will be living on campus!

Congrats! I'm coming from out of state- as well so I'm looking into living on campus for the first year. The only down side is that there is no AC in the dorm. But pharm students do get their own room.

Yea I saw the whole AC situation and that's why I'm not sure if I will be living in campus. The students I met with the day of the interview, not one of them lived on campus before they all said it sucked. The upside is that everything is close and you don't have to think about traffic. But the no AC kind of bothers me because I've been to the state in the summer and later months and it is hot! So I'm not sure.

Yea I saw the whole AC situation and that's why I'm not sure if I will be living in campus. The students I met with the day of the interview, not one of them lived on campus before they all said it sucked. The upside is that everything is close and you don't have to think about traffic. But the no AC kind of bothers me because I've been to the state in the summer and later months and it is hot! So I'm not sure.

What exactly did they hear about living on campus? I'm really considering staying on-campus and I don't want any surprises lol. I did a little research and there are many off-campus housing option too.

Hi guys! As a student who currently lives in Doyle and who is going to be a P1 next year here, there is no AC and yes, it gets hot but it's honestly not horrible since it's only for about a few weeks or so. For me, I got a doctor's note and was assigned a room with an AC unit, so it's been pretty nice this year for me (so if you have allergies/asthma or any other health related issue, you have this option!). The plus side to living in Doyle is that Bunting Hall (where SOP is) is literally right behind you, so it's literally a 30 second walk to class lol. I've lived on campus for all 4 years of undergrad, so I will be living off campus for pharmacy school. I have heard from many pharm student friends here that Bonnie Ridge is a very popular apartment complex which is like 10 minutes from school and that tons of grad students and pharm students live there, so that's another option! If you guys have any other questions about living on campus, feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! As a student who currently lives in Doyle and who is going to be a P1 next year here, there is no AC and yes, it gets hot but it's honestly not horrible since it's only for about a few weeks or so. For me, I got a doctor's note and was assigned a room with an AC unit, so it's been pretty nice this year for me (so if you have allergies/asthma or any other health related issue, you have this option!). The plus side to living in Doyle is that Bunting Hall (where SOP is) is literally right behind you, so it's literally a 30 second walk to class lol. I've lived on campus for all 4 years of undergrad, so I will be living off campus for pharmacy school. I have heard from many pharm student friends here that Bonnie Ridge is a very popular apartment complex which is like 10 minutes from school and that tons of grad students and pharm students live there, so that's another option! If you guys have any other questions about living on campus, feel free to ask!

Thanks for your input! I do have a few questions. In Doyle, is there a kitchen on every floor or is there only 1 kitchen for the building? Also are refrigerators available or do I have to being my own? Lastly, are there AC equipped rooms on every floor or only certain floors have it? Thank you!

Thanks for your input! I do have a few questions. In Doyle, is there a kitchen on every floor or is there only 1 kitchen for the building? Also are refrigerators available or do I have to being my own? Lastly, are there AC equipped rooms on every floor or only certain floors have it? Thank you!

I know the 3rd floor where I live has a kitchen (and an additional smaller one that has an oven in it) and is used by students in the building, but I'm not sure if the 4th floor (where SOP students live) has one. So you can bring a mini fridge with you when you move in, or go to myfridgerental.com and rent a microwave and a fridge for the year and it'll be ready for you in your room when you move in August (the microwave is so great for warming up meals and eating in your room). There's a community fridge too on the floors but everyone pretty much has their own because it's much easier. Every floor has designated rooms that have AC units! You have to have a doctor's note and submit through disability services to get the AC room request approved, and then it will go to housing.

I can't wait to meet you guys, I'm so excited to meet my future classmates!

I know the 3rd floor where I live has a kitchen (and an additional smaller one that has an oven in it) and is used by students in the building, but I'm not sure if the 4th floor (where SOP students live) has one. So you can bring a mini fridge with you when you move in, or go to myfridgerental.com and rent a microwave and a fridge for the year and it'll be ready for you in your room when you move in August (the microwave is so great for warming up meals and eating in your room). There's a community fridge too on the floors but everyone pretty much has their own because it's much easier. Every floor has designated rooms that have AC units! You have to have a doctor's note and submit through disability services to get the AC room request approved, and then it will go to housing.

I can't wait to meet you guys, I'm so excited to meet my future classmates!

Thank you! I'm excited to meet everyone too!

Should we create a Facebook page?

I'm not sure. I was told by the pharmacy school students at my interview that the school usually creates one eventually. They may be waiting until after the deadline. It would be nice to began to meet my future classmates now though! lol

Once you pay both the deposits what happens next?
I was kind of wondering the same think. I haven't heard or recieved anything since submitting my deposit and acceptance paperwork. I was planning to send an email to get some clarification.

I was kind of wondering the same think. I haven't heard or recieved anything since submitting my deposit and acceptance paperwork. I was planning to send an email to get some clarification.

I was actually wondering the same thing too

Hey everyone! I was googling threads for notre dame and found this one and thought I'd join! Got accepted in December and sent my deposit! Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

I'm so excited/nervous for next year! Especially coming from the south I'm worried about the winters (on the plus side all the little winter gear we do have goes on super sale) . I've lived in Massachusetts before but that was like 15 years ago. I'm hoping I don't turn into a popsicle haha

I'm so excited/nervous for next year! Especially coming from the south I'm worried about the winters (on the plus side all the little winter gear we do have goes on super sale) . I've lived in Massachusetts before but that was like 15 years ago. I'm hoping I don't turn into a popsicle haha
I'm so excited too! First semester is going to be killer but I can't wait! This winter has been pretty mild tbh (except for the random snow we're getting tonight) and our campus is pretty small so you can get to your destination in like 5 minutes haha so you won't be outside too long!

The email/ Dropbox they sent us said recommended computers was dell but what if I have an Apple?

Having an Apple computer is probably not an issue as long as it is reliable, but I'm sure they will speak more about it at orientation.

What type of computer do you plan on using in pharmacy school
Quite a few pharmacy students here have macbooks! I think you should be fine as long as you have the appropriate Microsoft office from what was in the email!

What is the acceptance rate of the school and how is the area?

What is the acceptance rate of the school and how is the area?
I don't really know the acceptance rate to be honest, but the area is really good! It's on the outskirts of the city and is in the Roland Park neighborhood, which is pretty fancy plus there are a bunch of schools in the area that are very close by (private high schools and Hopkins Homewood campus, Loyola Univ MD, Towson, etc). Grocery stores, restaurants, etc are all very close by!

I sent in my last deposit yesterday and I got the email that they received it. Is everyone living on or off campus. I opted for the first year on campus that was offered because I'm coming from out of state. But I'm thinking about finishing my own place.

I sent in my last deposit yesterday and I got the email that they received it. Is everyone living on or off campus. I opted for the first year on campus that was offered because I'm coming from out of state. But I'm thinking about finishing my own place.

I'm going to live on campus at first then when I meet a potential roommate move off campus! I'm coming from down south so I really don't know anything

I am so glad to have found this thread! I'll be coming from Nevada so I plan to live in campus housing the first year as well. Is anyone applying for financial aid and has anyone heard anything about it?

I'm still not exactly sure of my plans yet, but since I've lived on campus for all 4 years of undergrad here I'm going to probably live off campus!

I'm still not exactly sure of my plans yet, but since I've lived on campus for all 4 years of undergrad here I'm going to probably live off campus!

I'm so confused about what to do. I opted for on campus living but I'm unsure as this time. Idk I feel like I need my own space. And the bathroom situation is throwing me completely off. I done communal bathrooms before but I hated it and after the first semester I was out of there.

I'm planning to live on-campus for the first year too. I'm from out-of-state as well! Pharmacy students get their own room so I don't think it will be bad. I know by next year I will move off-campus when I know the area better.

Last edited:
For those of you coming from out-of-state when are planning on moving to Maryland and getting settled in?

For those of you coming from out-of-state when are planning on moving to Maryland and getting settled in?
I'm living on campus and hopefully off years two and after.

Do we know anything about how to take out loans just yet?

Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet about financial aid and loans. I email them and I was told the packages will be coming regarding all that this month. But the month is almost over and it's taking too long. Lol. But it also means we are that much closer to starting school. Mind blowing to me. Still trying to get my life together because I'm moving from out of state.

Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet about financial aid and loans. I email them and I was told the packages will be coming regarding all that this month. But the month is almost over and it's taking too long. Lol. But it also means we are that much closer to starting school. Mind blowing to me. Still trying to get my life together because I'm moving from out of state.

Same, I live far away and was making sure I wasn't behind on things!

Has anyone received financial aid/loan information from the school yet? May is over and mid-june is coming up real quick. Also, do you think having a car on campus first year is a good thing or not necessary?

Has anyone received financial aid/loan information from the school yet? May is over and mid-june is coming up real quick. Also, do you think having a car on campus first year is a good thing or not necessary?
I received my financial aid award letter about 3 days ago so they are in the process of sending them out. And I will have my car on campus, but then again I'm from out-of-state so I need my car.