Not sure if this has happened before

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeaL6

Class of 2018
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been thankful to be accepted to medical school. I was accepted to an OOS school and (as of two weeks ago) I withdrew from everywhere except a top 40 in state school which I might entertain the idea of going to. However, I received an II today from a school (IS) I sent a withdrawal email to in which I got no response, so I figured they just took my file and trashed it. Now I don't know if I should go to this interview or not. I don't think it's the greatest fit, but I know a decent amount of people there and it is cheaper (34 vs. 47k/ year). I don't want to turn this into a money debate but should I go?

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't your withdrawal an indication that you would attend the OOS school you were accepted to FOR SURE over this IS school?

Crap, is there any way to move this? Didnt realize I posted in school specific discussions. And I mostly withdrew because I was I told myself if I had the option I wanted to be done interviewing by January and I figured when I withdrew (Jan. 10ish) that there would be no way Id get an interview for January. I just wanted to get a jump on looking at housing and stuff. But here it is, Jan. 21 and I get an interview for the 30th...

Members don't see this ad :)
Crap, is there any way to move this? Didnt realize I posted in school specific discussions. And I mostly withdrew because I was I told myself if I had the option I wanted to be done interviewing by January and I figured when I withdrew (Jan. 10ish) that there would be no way Id get an interview for January. I just wanted to get a jump on looking at housing and stuff. But here it is, Jan. 21 and I get an interview for the 30th...

Wow fast turnaround. Well if it isn't much of a hassle then just go and for a rare instance feel relaxes that no matter the outcome, you'll be going to a school you want to go to.

If it is a hassle, like requires a flight, then drop it quickly so that someone else gets to it.

It's a 40 minute drive from my house, I can definitely swing it. I just don't want to go then them randomly find my email and be like actually, you withdrew so this doesn't even matter.