Not Showing Up for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldentgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My DAT exam date is early next week & I've decided to take some time off due to family issues, take some time to study more, and apply next cycle. I was planning on rescheduling the DAT, but the latest I can push it back to is September (since I've already pushed it back far enough). I tried to cancel the exam, but there is a $100 fee. I don't plan on taking the DAT until early 2018. Does anyone know what the consequence could be if I don't show up? Or why there is a $100 fee? Please help. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

This
Hey everyone,

My DAT exam date is early next week & I've decided to take some time off due to family issues, take some time to study more, and apply next cycle. I was planning on rescheduling the DAT, but the latest I can push it back to is September (since I've already pushed it back far enough). I tried to cancel the exam, but there is a $100 fee. I don't plan on taking the DAT until early 2018. Does anyone know what the consequence could be if I don't show up? Or why there is a $100 fee? Please help. Thank you!
this is something that you should contact ADA about

This is from the fine print in the confirmation email I got from Prometric when I took it in February.

"Testing appointments rescheduled/canceled the same day as test date, failure to appear for a scheduled test or presenting himself/herself more than thirty minutes after the scheduled start time for taking the test will result in a forfeiture of all testing fees and you must submit a new application to test."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just don't show up, it's fine. I did it once.

Same I had to do that due to family issues. You just lose your "DAT ticket". I just scheduled new one for the test and everything was fine!

im pretty sure if you dont show up, it doesn't even count as an attempt since you didn't actually sit for the exam. So no consequences besides losing 400$.

but a smart move overall, live to fight another day I say

So if you cancel you have to pay $100 fee, and then you need to pay $400 to apply again for an exam?
But if you don't show up, you just have to apply again and pay $400?
Am I understanding this correct? So why would anyone cancel in that case?

I did the same when I had to miss my date. I think someone would cancel and pay the fee if he has time to reschedule it? That's my guess

Hey everyone,

I missed my DAT exam day because I was not ready. I couldn't reschedule it because it was the end of my eligibility period to reschedule. I had to pay another $400+ to register again. I called the DAT people and they said theres no point to pay the $100 fee. It will not hurt you if you don't show up; schools will not know you didn't show up.