North Carolina MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bosno

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone from a NC Pharmacy school have any useful study materials for the MPJE? Or should I just read the dull long list of statutes. :p I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely review the FAQs on the NCBOP website. I would also recommend taking Thomas Thutt's 2 day review course. He gives you a notebook with notes in powerpoint format and goes over the main points that the NCBOP wants you to know to pass. The course is kind of expensive (I believe it was $200), but I passed the MPJE 2 weeks later with 2 days of review. I took the course at UNC's main campus, but if you don't live in NC, I believe he also does online courses.

Is he still doing this? If so, do you have a link or anything to register and schedule this? I can't seem to find any information on it. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, I kind of ignored SDN once I didn't get a reply to this post. I ended up just reading all the Rules and Laws from the Board website. I went into the exam prepared, but ended up leaving thinking I failed. There were so many questions that weren't even discussed in any of the study materials that I had. Hopefully I passed. Otherwise, I'll take your suggestions and probably do Dr Thutts class. I'm really hoping I don't have to do this though.

Damn, I kind of ignored SDN once I didn't get a reply to this post. I ended up just reading all the Rules and Laws from the Board website. I went into the exam prepared, but ended up leaving thinking I failed. There were so many questions that weren't even discussed in any of the study materials that I had. Hopefully I passed. Otherwise, I'll take your suggestions and probably do Dr Thutts class. I'm really hoping I don't have to do this though.

It's said that whenever you leave that exam, you will feel that way regardless of how you do. I recently took it and feel the same. I hope they weighted the easy questions a hell of a lot more than the ones I had no clue.

Hey y'all! I'm a rph from TX. Moving to NC soon. Does anyone have any study materials for the MPJE they can share?

Definitely review the FAQs on the NCBOP website. I would also recommend taking Thomas Thutt's 2 day review course. He gives you a notebook with notes in powerpoint format and goes over the main points that the NCBOP wants you to know to pass. The course is kind of expensive (I believe it was $200), but I passed the MPJE 2 weeks later with 2 days of review. I took the course at UNC's main campus, but if you don't live in NC, I believe he also does online courses.
Does anyone have more information about this course with Thomas Thutt, in class or online?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thutt's materials aren't 100% needed. There is some information within his lecture/notes that are completely incorrect when compared to the NC Rules/Statues. He's a good person and easy to listen to, but I'm not 100% sure that the class is worth the $235 he charges.

Reactions: 1 user
I would take FarmTheMine's advice. I took mine last year and I'm sure they have changed it quite a bit. I have heard the FAQs on the website (especially the recent updates) are still important to read, but FarmTheMine would know better than I would. Just tried to share my experience.

I took Thutt's class on a Wed/Thur, studied NAPLEX stuff Friday, studied Thutt's binder & read the FAQ twice and skimmed the Laws/Rules on the NCBOP website once over the weekend, worked 12-hour shifts (whoops, I suck at scheduling) on Mon/Tues then took the MPJE on Wednesday and got an 85. I think if you go to the class, pay attention, and ask questions/clarify what you don't understand, it's totally worth the money. Just my opinion though!

I would take FarmTheMine's advice. I took mine last year and I'm sure they have changed it quite a bit.

Just something on this, on the first day of the review, I heard a friend flip through the binder we received and heard him mention that it is essentially the exact same thing as 3-4 years ago that he got from a friend. Just thought I'd mention that since your comment reminded me of it.

I made promise to myself when I took NC MPJE last Saturday that if I pass I am going to post my experience here.
My results came today, and I passed MPJE.
I pretty much prayed throughout the exam. There were many K-type questions and direct questions, I had very few select all type questions. Take your time reading questions and do not over analyze the question, sometimes the questions are very straight forward, but they are being over analyzed, I tend to do that thats why I read questions twice.
Sources to prepare: I read FAQs (on NCBOP) twice and read notes that my school provided on laws /rules about 3 times and didn't take Thutt's class.
Thank you guys for posting your experience they were very helpful.

Reactions: 3 users
I took Thutt's class on a Wed/Thur, studied NAPLEX stuff Friday, studied Thutt's binder & read the FAQ twice and skimmed the Laws/Rules on the NCBOP website once over the weekend, worked 12-hour shifts (whoops, I suck at scheduling) on Mon/Tues then took the MPJE on Wednesday and got an 85. I think if you go to the class, pay attention, and ask questions/clarify what you don't understand, it's totally worth the money. Just my opinion though!
Recently moved here from Alabama. Looking for some materials to help me with NC pharmacy Law. I am using the federal review but wanted some insight on NC law. I am also reading thru the FAQs but wondering if there are some power points/words documents that helped you pass. Thanks!

Recently moved here from Alabama. Looking for some materials to help me with NC pharmacy Law. I am using the federal review but wanted some insight on NC law. I am also reading thru the FAQs but wondering if there are some power points/words documents that helped you pass. Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. Need some notes outlining important laws for the exam. Does anyone have most recent notes from a NC college that might help?

I made promise to myself when I took NC MPJE last Saturday that if I pass I am going to post my experience here.
My results came today, and I passed MPJE.
I pretty much prayed throughout the exam. There were many K-type questions and direct questions, I had very few select all type questions. Take your time reading questions and do not over analyze the question, sometimes the questions are very straight forward, but they are being over analyzed, I tend to do that thats why I read questions twice.
Sources to prepare: I read FAQs (on NCBOP) twice and read notes that my school provided on laws /rules about 3 times and didn't take Thutt's class.
Thank you guys for posting your experience they were very helpful.
I sent you private message.

I'm licensed out of state and will be moving to NC soon. I'm nervous about the MPJE and any helpful notes anyone has from school or classes would be really appreciated.

I sent you private message.

Hi Jdcurr. It seems like there a many of us in need. I am also in the same both; graduated from an out of state pharmacy school and needing materials to prepare for NC MPJE. Would you still happen to have NC school materials that you can share? Thanks.

Hi guys, I am also taking NC MPJE. Can some give me an advice on which material to use or best way to prepare for this exam?

Hi there! I am moving from another state and looking for NC study material too. Is there any way you could forward me your school study material?

Hi. I'm moving to North Carolina soon and taking the MPJE. Could someone provide me with suggestions, or any sort of guidance as to how to prepare? Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took the test and not feeling good about it...Anyone know how many questions actually count? When I took the FL MPJE it was only 90 questions and only 60 counted. I was not expecting 120 questions

Just took the test and not feeling good about it...Anyone know how many questions actually count? When I took the FL MPJE it was only 90 questions and only 60 counted. I was not expecting 120 questions
Hos

How did u do? And how long did it take to get results. I just took today and am not feeling good about it