North Carolina jurisprudence exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

demonicr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken this exam? Do we really need to read that entire PDF file to pass this exam. Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also greatly appreciate some guidance and tips for the NC Jurisprudence and Infection Control Exam. Thanks in advance!

I failed NC Jurisprudence and sterilization exam once. I would appreciate if some give me some tips and information. I would greatly appreciate that.
Please help me out. Thank You in Advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm looking for some tips and pointers on taking the jurisprudence and infection control/sterilization test. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any help. Thank you

I did pass in my second attempt....
The key is to print out board laws and rules and review them in detail. Then organize the notes on laws with topics listed on a piece of paper on top so during the exam if you have to find something it makes it easy due to lack of time. I made sure that I write the alphabets of the particular law in bold so it was very visible during the exam. Also study the FAQs. Questions were repeated in my second exam.
Did the same thing for infection control.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5217a1.htm?mobile=nocontent
http://www.cdc.gov/OralHealth/infectioncontrol/faq/index.htm

I studied these two websites and printed it out to have it handy.. .

Last edited:
I need some help on the Infection Control exam. Got 19 the first time. Are the questions the same the 2nd attempt? Thanks to anyone that can help!!!!

Hello
I just moved to NC and will be taking my Jurisprudence and Infection Control tests. I hear they are quite difficult. There are many sites to read and I am quite overwhelmed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at : [email protected]
Thank you !! :)

Hi I took north carolina state board infection control examination. Unfortunately I failed. Can someone help me with this by telling me what to read for that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has any tips or suggestions for taking the NC jurisprudence and IC exam? How many attempts do they give you? any help would be great? thanks :)
where do you find info to study for the NC Jur. law exam?

I've already failed the infection control exam twice by only 1 question- Does anyone know what the repercussions are if it is failed for a third time??

I have three attempts to take the NC jurisprudence exam and already failed twice, what should i do?
To pass the exam, obtain from the NC State Board of Dental Examiners the law book that is already compiled. Without that book, the questions are too technical to answer via a guess / pass the test. The book comes with index dividers and passing is then possible. The book costs $45 and is far cheaper than re-applying. Downloading the PDF files is far-too cumbersome and you won't be as organized for the exam. Trust me here. Once you have the book in hand, study for a few days to become familiar with the components and then pass the test. Familiarization will give you questions you can answer quickly thus saving time to look-up answers to questions where you are not absolutely sure. I doubt that a dentist currently practicing could pass again lacking the book. DO NOT get the CD! Though cheaper, less effective. NOW go for it!

Reactions: 1 users
I took jurisprudence twice , was pretty confident the 2nd time but got the same score "19" . Can anyone help ? I read the rules and statues twice now , don't know what else to do ? I am quite apprehensive to take it for the 3rd time !! Please help !!
Did you purchase the "book" from the State Board of Dental Examiners. It is indexed and much easier to study from and to use for the exam.

For the jurisprudence exam I found the PDF file helpful and this link also had a lot of the answers on it: http://www.ncdentalboard.org/FAQ1.htm#B. Dental Offices - Requirements and Procedures

For the infection control exam I used this site: http://www.cdc.gov/OralHealth/infectioncontrol/faq/index.htm
The infection control test was a little bit harder but I just used another computer to look up a lot of the questions during the exam and was able to find most of them pretty easily.

Hope this helps!

Hi Lovely dds. Please forward your email address to me and I will send you some suggestions.
Hi can you please send me some info for th Nc jurisprudence and infection control exams? I am in a desperate situation living in NC for the year and pregnant and need a job asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated!please email to [email protected]

Is there any advice or help you can share to successfully pass these? I see you have lent some advice to others so that's why I am asking for your help. Took the test and failed once! I feel discouraged as I have been practicing for 8 years now and just trying to relocate. thanks for any and all your help in advance. [email protected]

could you please send me the PDF too, would really appreciate you help
Hello, touching bases to see if you received the information for the NC Boards. I have been off this site for a little while due to issues with my laptop. Please update me if you are still in need of information. Thanks.

How many questions in both infection control and jurisprudence exam? and How many correct answers do we need o pass the exam?

I would also appreciate any advice/study materials for the exam.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, touching bases to see if you received the information for the NC Boards. I have been off this site for a little while due to issues with my laptop. Please update me if you are still in need of information. Thanks.
I hope you can help, I am about to take the jurisprudence exam nc, and wondering if you have any material to study from other than what they have in their website, thanks a lot.

Any tips to passing Jurisprudence and IC exams, I think some of the links may be outdated, I have failed each once and since requested hardcopy of Rules and Laws, but am wondering if there is any other advice
thanks everyone! my email: [email protected]

Hi I passed jurisprudence exam but failed sterilization and infection control twice. Plese can you send any tips or material.
Help is appreciated
my contact no is 4095272470
Thanks

Hello, I am taking the NC Jurisprudence and Infection Control Exams soon and I’m overwhelmed by the amount of information. Can anyone please guide me on how to pass these exams. Where do I find the material to study? Are the questions case based or straight forward? What are the questions format, essay, multiple choice, fill in the blank? Please help!

Thank you

Hello, I am taking the NC Jurisprudence and Infection Control Exams soon and I’m overwhelmed by the amount of information. Can anyone please guide me on how to pass these exams. Where do I find the material to study? Are the questions case based or straight forward? What are the questions format, essay, multiple choice, fill in the blank? Please help!

Thank you
For jurisprudence have to read the rules and laws in the pdf attached by the board and for infection control go through the websites suggested by them and CDC guidelines to infection control 2003 and questions are both straight forward and little case based

Hi, I'm taking the infection control and jurisprudence exam for NC. Does anyone have any tips or information on how to pass these exams. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm taking the North Carolina dental jurisprudence sterilization/infection control. Any tips on what to study. what they listed is very broad