Nontrad with clinical experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medic2MD4me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How lethal would a 500-504 mcat be for state school with
~3.7+ gpas, includes 2 online prereqs
3 years full time emergency medicine PA
4 years full time paramedic
2 years part time ems instructor for a state uni bachelors program and PA student lead clinical preceptor at hospital
300+ hrs of nonclinical volunteering

I thought I was doing better than that but just took the AAMC FL #1 and got a 502. I'm scheduled for May 18.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Update-
Got my scores today
508 overall
Given the additional below stats, can people help me with school list for New York schools? I'm applying to all the CT ones.

How lethal would a 500-504 mcat be for state school with
~3.7+ gpas, includes 2 online prereqs
3 years full time emergency medicine PA
4 years full time paramedic
2 years part time ems instructor for a state uni bachelors program and PA student lead clinical preceptor at hospital
300+ hrs of nonclinical volunteering

I thought I was doing better than that but just took the AAMC FL #1 and got a 502. I'm scheduled for May 18.

For NY schools you could try Albany and NYMC. You need to apply to many more schools than the ones in CT and NY so consider adding these:
Vermont
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Tulane
Seton Hall (if it opens for 2018)

in addition to some of the above, I'm thinking of adding Rutgers, brown, and WVU due to location of nearby family, are these in my wheelhouse? CT resident. 508, 3.7, 10+ years clinical and teaching experience

in addition to some of the above, I'm thinking of adding Rutgers, brown, and WVU due to location of nearby family, are these in my wheelhouse? CT resident. 508, 3.7, 10+ years clinical and teaching experience
Rutgers accepts very few non residents with your MCAT. Brown is a reach but West Virginia is worth trying.

Rutgers accepts very few non residents with your MCAT. Brown is a reach but West Virginia is worth trying.

Great thanks, I'll add WVU. What about tufts or even BU with my stats?