Non med student taking CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rippedbx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a current dental student taking the CBSE on July 29th. The score is the most important factor for applying for an oral maxillofacial surgery residency. I'm having a hard time studying for it with the materials that are available. (using pathoma, usmle-rx questions, and first aid). I'm getting lost in the mountains of info and am hoping to get study material that is more structured.

Has anyone here tried the Kaplan On Demand? I used Kaplan for the DAT and liked how structured it was. There was even a built-in study plan and things to check off which I think would be really useful for me right now.
Or any other suggestions for someone studying for the CBSE/Step 1 who hasn't been to med school?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Boards and Beyond may be useful for you. Go through B&B for everything besides pathology (Pathoma is king) with First Aid open and follow along.

2. Instead of USMLERx, use UWorld. It's best used as a learning tool rather than an assessment -- the explanations are gold. Also follow along with First Aid and annotate it (I didn't write anything into my First Aid unless it was from UW).

3. Lastly, if you struggle with micro/pharm at all, SketchyMedical is where it's at. At the very least, SketchyMicro is worth it since the videos are much shorter. SketchyPharm is longer and denser, but it really ties in normal physiology with pharmacology well.

Best to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey thanks for the response. I'm planning on getting uworld soon. I'll check out B&B.

Anyone with experience with Kaplan for boards review?