No Taxols in Breast ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abish

xbix
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay.
What's the trend ?

Breast Cancer = Pacli/Docetaxel ?

When do you skip Pacli/Docetaxel in Breast cancer ?

I have a patient with T2N0M0 - Post MRM in a 50/F post menopausal with a Ki67 of 30% !

I wanted to do a 6xFEC - but seems this 'taxol is the thing' is pushing me hard to put her on 3xT after 3xFEC.

What's your opinion ?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a question from 15 years ago?

I've seen CMF as adjuvant chemotherapy exactly once over the past year.

I've never seen somebody receive FEC chemotherapy actively, just in follow-up notes from treatment 10+ years ago.

Everybody else who gets adjuvant chemotherapy (Her2-) seems to get either TC or dose-dense AC-T.

5-FU is coming back to the forefront as Xeloda, in what seems to be more and more indications based off my institution's med oncs.

Members don't see this ad :)
FEC is still a regimen used by our FECless colleagues in Europe. People are nationalistic about their chemo. I think when used, it's given with a taxana.

With respect what country are you practicing in? The standard in the US would be to determine ER, PR, and her-2 status. If ER+ and her-2 negative I believe an oncotype DX or similar profile would be performed to determine if she needed chemotherapy. If chemotherapy was indicated I would say that taxanes are indeed a thing; a regiment that includes a taxane would be standard of care. However, the heme onc forum would be the best place to address this question and perhaps provide advice on the best recommendations with any resource limitations.

thanks guys. i've decided on what i'll do. :D

thanks guys. i've decided on what i'll do. :D
I thought current standard of care for adjuvant breast chemo (Europe and elsewhere) is sequential anthracycline/taxane based (e.g. FEC-T, AC-T, etc). The following trial, amongst others, is the basis of this practise I believe? http://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/jco.2006.07.3916

I think sometimes if low-ish risk then will give just a anthracycline regimen...

In a limited resources setting, I sent Ki67 - it came to be 30% .. so considering it a high risk planned to add 3T after 3FEC.