NM residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dyski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what are USMLE scores required to get into a NM residency program ?? am currently doing NM in my home country its a 4 years program in my second year but I wanna do my residency in the states ... I scored 204/78 in step 1 didnt have much time to study in less than 3 months ! I have looked everywhere but everything about NM is vague and I cant find a definite answer anywhere ! also will my experience help in getting a position ??

Any help is appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to go back to your home country after you are done, that is fine.
If you want to stay in US, you have to be out of your mind to do NM residency. It is all covered by radiologists and there are no jobs at all. And by no jobs, I mean exactly zero jobs nowhere within US territory.
Anyway, you can find a spot if you only pass USMLE.

No am going back to Jordan, definitely not staying in the states ...
I dont why nuclear medicine is so underrated, in Jordan ppl would pay 15000 $ a year just to get a residency spot in nuclear medicine !

Anyway thx for ur help

Nucs is not under-rated in US. It is pretty busy service. But, it is controlled by radiologists and not Nucs people.