NJ MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy2209

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:)

I will be moving to NJ soon and I need to take MPJE. I have no idea what study material I should be using. Any particular book I should be buying? Please any advice would be grateful. Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

I used Dr. Strauss's book for the MPJE and passed with a comfortable amount of room even though I've never worked in NJ.
I've used both Dr. Strauss's book and Dr. Cutie's packets for various exams.

Both have pros & cons:
Dr. Strauss: more law text, over 1300 questions, online ordering with PayPal, fast shipping, but more expensive ($168).
Dr. Cutie: more charts, easier to read at a glance, more tips/tricks, do's/don'ts, cheaper ($135), but mail order form with check/money order, slower shipping.

It comes down to your learning style. If you are a question/answer learner Dr. Strauss is it. If you learn by making your own study materials and charts go with Dr. Strauss. If you get nothing from the studying process and just want pre-made at-a-glance charts & lists go with Dr. Cutie.

Dr. Strauss: http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/
Dr. Cutie: http://www.pharmacyboardreview.com/Lecture Notes/Lecture_notes.html

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I used Dr. Strauss's book for the MPJE and passed with a comfortable amount of room even though I've never worked in NJ.
I've used both Dr. Strauss's book and Dr. Cutie's packets for various exams.

Both have pros & cons:
Dr. Strauss: more law text, over 1300 questions, online ordering with PayPal, fast shipping, but more expensive ($168).
Dr. Cutie: more charts, easier to read at a glance, more tips/tricks, do's/don'ts, cheaper ($135), but mail order form with check/money order, slower shipping.

It comes down to your learning style. If you are a question/answer learner Dr. Strauss is it. If you learn by making your own study materials and charts go with Dr. Strauss. If you get nothing from the studying process and just want pre-made at-a-glance charts & lists go with Dr. Cutie.

Dr. Strauss: http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/
Dr. Cutie: http://www.pharmacyboardreview.com/Lecture Notes/Lecture_notes.html

Good Luck!
Thank you very much!!

For those that are taking the NJ MPJE or have already taken it, where do you guys work? What is the job market like in NJ for pharmacists? I am thinking about relocating there, however, I was just considering the job market first and whether I should even bother taking the NJ MPJE...if I even stand a chance to get interviews, let alone job offers. I currently have a little over 3 years of experience in retail and hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heyy..sorry im not taking MPJE till the end of feb so the 19 days access would have expired before I even start studying. Let me know if you are selling cifaldi by any chance. Quickquestion: Does cifaldi book also includes federal law review? Did you need to use any other material to review federal law?

Hello pharmacy 2209

How was ur mpje experience? I am taking in March end. I am going thru cifaldi right now but after 150 pages, it becomes pure law which is difficult to understand.
Can anyone please tell me what to read in cifaldi?

Hello pharmacy 2209

How was ur mpje experience? I am taking in March end. I am going thru cifaldi right now but after 150 pages, it becomes pure law which is difficult to understand.
Can anyone please tell me what to read in cifaldi?

Heyy...when I got out of the exam, I was like omg! I really hope and pray I passed. Honestly I thought it was difficult because the way they asked all the questions is so vague and the answer choices they give are very confusing. So I would highly recommend reading questions carefully and paying attentions to words like must, need, could, can etc. Luckily I passed, so I feel like most of those vague questions were probably those non-grading ones, but just to give you heads up. Questions are never straight forward and you have to think about it. You have to know things in details like what NEEDS to be on the label Vs what usually is or should be but technically its not required. Some of the questions where out of no where and have never read anything about it so you simply had to give your best guess.

In terms of study material, I used cifaldi, but I don't think it was the best material. Yeah I understand what you mean, it just lists all the laws. Focus more on NJ statutes and regulations, especially controlled dangerous substances act. Not so much on definitions etc, just read federal and NJ statues and regulations. I mostly like studying in a question answer format so I bought the pharmacyexam.com and also mpjemadeeasy.com (this was a tough practice test, i would say save this for later after you have studied a bit and you can only take it once so don't close the browser if you want to break it down couple questions per day). I would probably try other study material like strauss or cutie that someone suggested in the earlier post. There were a lot of select all that applies and i feel like practicing more questions would help clarify or understand certain laws. I def would not have passed if i simply read the cifaldi book without doing any practice questions. Questions make you realize what important points you should be memorizing and paying attention too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyy...when I got out of the exam, I was like omg! I really hope and pray I passed. Honestly I thought it was difficult because the way they asked all the questions is so vague and the answer choices they give are very confusing. So I would highly recommend reading questions carefully and paying attentions to words like must, need, could, can etc. Luckily I passed, so I feel like most of those vague questions were probably those non-grading ones, but just to give you heads up. Questions are never straight forward and you have to think about it. You have to know things in details like what NEEDS to be on the label Vs what usually is or should be but technically its not required. Some of the questions where out of no where and have never read anything about it so you simply had to give your best guess.

In terms of study material, I used cifaldi, but I don't think it was the best material. Yeah I understand what you mean, it just lists all the laws. Focus more on NJ statutes and regulations, especially controlled dangerous substances act. Not so much on definitions etc, just read federal and NJ statues and regulations. I mostly like studying in a question answer format so I bought the pharmacyexam.com and also mpjemadeeasy.com (this was a tough practice test, i would say save this for later after you have studied a bit and you can only take it once so don't close the browser if you want to break it down couple questions per day). I would probably try other study material like strauss or cutie that someone suggested in the earlier post. There were a lot of select all that applies and i feel like practicing more questions would help clarify or understand certain laws. I def would not have passed if i simply read the cifaldi book without doing any practice questions. Questions make you realize what important points you should be memorizing and paying attention too.

Let me know if you have any other questions, oh and I am selling pharmacyexam.com access if you wanna buy it. There are 5 sections, each with 30 questions.

thanks for detailed answer buddy. I already have pharmacyexam.com but would give it a shot for mpjemadeeasy.com. Did you go thru dea manual on contolled substance? I checked out dea website and the latest version of it is from 2010, so i was just wondering if i am supposed to read 2010 version or any newer version is available.

thanks for detailed answer buddy. I already have pharmacyexam.com but would give it a shot for mpjemadeeasy.com. Did you go thru dea manual on contolled substance? I checked out dea website and the latest version of it is from 2010, so i was just wondering if i am supposed to read 2010 version or any newer version is available.

unfortunately mpjemadeeasy.com is just one time practice exam and it expires after:/ No I didn't really read the dea manual. I felt like all the controlled rules were sufficient in cifaldi.