NIH Loan Repayment Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My application went from "selected" to "submitted." Bad sign? Thoughts?
I have never heard of that happening. Recommend to contact your program officer for some feedback. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I have never heard of that happening. Recommend to contact your program officer for some feedback. Good luck!

I received approval on 8/10 from NIDDK. First time application, second attempt.
About two days before my approval notification my status changed from 'Selected' to 'Submitted' in the portal. It still says 'Submitted' even after setting up my LRP account. Therefore, I think it may be a good sign!

I've followed this message board for almost three years now and sincerely appreciate the peer mentoring! Good luck to everyone! Furthermore, THANK YOU to the NIH and Congress for supporting this program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received approval on 8/10 from NIDDK. First time application, second attempt.
About two days before my approval notification my status changed from 'Selected' to 'Submitted' in the portal. It still says 'Submitted' even after setting up my LRP account. Therefore, I think it may be a good sign!

I've followed this message board for almost three years now and sincerely appreciate the peer mentoring! Good luck to everyone! Furthermore, THANK YOU to the NIH and Congress for supporting this program.
That's exactly what happened! Application status went from "Selected" to "Submitted," and then I received the approval email from NIH on Sunday morning (NIMH). Good luck to everyone!

Thanks to everyone for posting, it's helpful to know something is going on while waiting for notification. Please continue posting. Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Changed from "selected" to "submitted" today (NHLBI). If I hadn't read this post I would have been nervous. Now I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone heard anything from NIAAA yet? I submitted a new application.
I was told the following regarding LRP decisions from NIAAA, "Final decisions are in process. It may be a few weeks before you get the word."

I am in the same boat.

I was told the following regarding LRP decisions from NIAAA, "Final decisions are in process. It may be a few weeks before you get the word."

I am in the same boat.

Who provided that information? General LRP line or Program Officer? Thanks!

That's exactly what happened! Application status went from "Selected" to "Submitted," and then I received the approval email from NIH on Sunday morning (NIMH). Good luck to everyone!

Same here but I actually didn't get the email. I had to call and they told me over the phone!
Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
...and then I received the approval email from NIH on Sunday morning (NIMH).

Yeah, like a few other folks, I got the LRP approval email (extramural clinical research; NIMH) on Sunday (8/13) at like 3AM. o_O

Not congrats yet! Only changed to Submitted :(

I think changing to submitted is a good thing. Shortly after mine did that, my new contract and upcoming loan payments appeared in my portal (renewal applicant). Yet, I have still not received the official email yet.

I think changing to submitted is a good thing. Shortly after mine did that, my new contract and upcoming loan payments appeared in my portal (renewal applicant). Yet, I have still not received the official email yet.
Based on postings, ZekeMD is correct, this is good news. The system is new this year and notifications are coming differently than in past years.

Status changed to submitted 2 days ago, got my LRP award notification from NHLBI this morning! Good luck everyone!

Anyone having trouble logging into the system? I click on the button on the OAS page to use my CommonsID for login and then login on the next page and I am looped back to the OAS login page again. Is the system down?

Status changed to submitted 2 days ago, got my LRP award notification from NHLBI this morning! Good luck everyone!

(P.S. - I have been stalking this board for the last 2 years...)

NCI renewal just changed from "Selected" to "Submitted." Didn't receive official notification yet, but the new contract shows up in Awardee Portal!
Note: Applied for two-year renewal, but only a one-year contract shows up in the Portal. Will have to see what's up with that.

NCI renewal just changed from "Selected" to "Submitted." Didn't receive official notification yet, but the new contract shows up in Awardee Portal!
Note: Applied for two-year renewal, but only a one-year contract shows up in the Portal. Will have to see what's up with that.

Yeah!! Mine changed to "Submitted" too. What a weird process that we are all now looking out for the "Selected" to "Submitted" change. I don't think I can get to the portal since I am a new applicant but fingers crossed that this is good news!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone having trouble logging into the system? I click on the button on the OAS page to use my CommonsID for login and then login on the next page and I am looped back to the OAS login page again. Is the system down?

It means your password expired. You have to go to eRA commons and change your password.

I heard about financial review from NICHD on 5/18 (first time app, clinical research). Hope that helps :)
Have either of you heard anything yet from NICHD?

Just checked and saw the change from 'selected' to 'submitted' on the application portal. I applied as a renewal to NCI. Upon logging into the NIH-LRP Portal to review my previous contract, the new one was added. So looks like NCI is beginning to make decisions.

Congrats to the awardees! Here is a recap of institutes that appear to have made award announcements: NIDDK, NIMH, NHLBI, NIAID, and NCI. Please continue to post as you are informed about your application or any news related to your application status from an NIH Liaison or others. Thanks!!

Nothing from NICHD for me yet--still says selected. They called me about 2 weeks ago to verify my income because my institutional official had changed jobs and the new person was unable to log in. They told me then that they were still working on finalizing the last of the financial review process. So perhaps they are running behind other agencies?

Nothing from NICHD for me yet--still says selected. They called me about 2 weeks ago to verify my income because my institutional official had changed jobs and the new person was unable to log in. They told me then that they were still working on finalizing the last of the financial review process. So perhaps they are running behind other agencies?
Thanks for the information! My last award notification two years ago was August 14th. I'm guessing award notice should be soon....

My application also changed from "Selected" to "Submitted". NCI - new application. Good luck to everyone!

Yeah!! Mine changed to "Submitted" too. What a weird process that we are all now looking out for the "Selected" to "Submitted" change. I don't think I can get to the portal since I am a new applicant but fingers crossed that this is good news!

Still have not heard anything - extramural NHLBI....probably not good news at this point.

Mine just changed from "Selected" to "Submitted"! No email yet but hoping!

Mine just changed from "Selected" to "Submitted"! No email yet but hoping!
Congrats! Sounds positive based on posted experiences. Which institute did you apply to? Thanks!

Mine just changed from Selected to Submitted. No email yet. NIMHD health disparities new application.

Still waiting on my renewal for NICHD Contraception and Infertility...

Congrats to those who have heard!

Still waiting on pediatric LRP from NIGMS. My status has also changed from "selected" to "submitted," but not sure when, as I have been trying not to log in obsessively more than once a week. Anyone else hear from NIGMS and/or have the status change for more than a few days without receiving an email?

Still waiting on my renewal for NICHD Contraception and Infertility...

Congrats to those who have heard!
I am waiting to hear from Clinical Research Renewal for NICHD. I don't *think* NICHD has sent notice yet. Another person posted they were doing salary verification around 2.5 weeks ago. Hoping soon. This waiting is driving me insane.

Still waiting on pediatric LRP from NIGMS. My status has also changed from "selected" to "submitted," but not sure when, as I have been trying not to log in obsessively more than once a week. Anyone else hear from NIGMS and/or have the status change for more than a few days without receiving an email?
Sounds like a congrats is in order. I'm glad I'm not alone in the obsessive checking. I wonder if the NIH tracks how many times we login and check? I have wasted way too much time logging in and checking.

Latest round up of institutes that have have sent notice:
1. NIDDK
2. NIMH
3. NHLBI
4. NIAID
5. NCI
6. NIMHD
7. NIGMS

Nothing yet from NICHD, NEI, NIA, NIAA, NIDCD, NIDA, NIEHS, NINR, FIC, NCATS, NCCIH, ORIP.
Please continue to post as you hear something! Thanks and congrats to awardees!

Latest round up of institutes that have have sent notice:
1. NIDDK
2. NIMH
3. NHLBI
4. NIAID
5. NCI
6. NIMHD
7. NIGMS

Nothing yet from NICHD, NEI, NIA, NIAA, NIDCD, NIDA, NIEHS, NINR, FIC, NCATS, NCCIH, ORIP.
Please continue to post as you hear something! Thanks and congrats to awardees!

Status just switched from selected to submitted. Received financial review in mid-May. NIAAA - new award