NHSC Scholarship 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello are there any top schools that have really high acceptance rates for Dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I uploaded one of my recommendations using interfolio. should I take it off and have the writer upload it directly?

Just submitted the application online! Now the waiting game begins.... (kinda like AADSAS again lol)
I want to submit mine but it seems like everyday there is a revelation of something that might disqualify me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You know what will disqualify you, not having it in by The 27th.

Reactions: 7 users
Deadline email adding that extra little bit of anxiety :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
When you submit your application do you get an email saying your application was successfully submitted?

I did not get an email when I submitted it does however say my application status is submitted on the profile page itself. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Thank you for your reply. Mine says the same thing. I was just wondering if we get a confirmation email. I guess not.

This might be a stupid question, but they don't start review applications until after the 27th right? Also I went to the Q and A online yesterday, and 500 is the max word count. They reiterated that a lot, but their is no minimum.

For tuition and fees did you guys do strictly tuition or more so a detailed list with living expense, insurance, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
how many pre-dental/dental students apply for this scholarship per year? estimate.
I don't think they tell you that number. Not that they won't, but anytime stats are brought up, they usually don't know when asked. Their go-to stats are only total applicants (all disciplines) and then how many receive the scholarship by discipline. For example, they told me that the year I got it, there were over 2000 applicants and only about 200 received the scholarship, of which, about 20 were dental. Couldn't hurt to ask tho. I've been passively searching for that answer for years, but I also could very easily have missed it.

Just submitted my app!! I noticed though that one of my letter writers uploaded in a .jpg document. Is .jpg accepted?

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Well I think it's about time to work on those essays! when is this thing due again?

it says that it doesn't have to be in all PDF for the letters of rec. anyone here got letters of rec in a different format? is that fine?

According to the Application Checklist 2017,

"Gather Supporting Documents. All of your documents must be legible, saved as a PDF or Word document that is no larger than 5 MB. Rtf, txt, msg, tif, png, jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp, xls, xlsx, ppt, and pptx are also accepted, but may delay application review and processing."

Reactions: 1 users
All I know is that if that guy got the scholarship, I feel like 95% of us on here are a shoe-in. :soexcited:
Not going to lie, was hoping 95% of peoples applications were like this. lol

sketchiest application cycle ever. 250 words minimum? 500 words minimum? format? this format? no, this format? sign this? no, actually don't sign it? yes, sign it? no, forget the number of words. i meant 2500 characters. wait, spaces or no spaces? wait, back to the word count?

christ...

sketchiest application cycle ever. 250 words minimum? 500 words minimum? format? this format? no, this format? sign this? no, actually don't sign it? yes, sign it? no, forget the number of words. i meant 2500 characters. wait, spaces or no spaces? wait, back to the word count?

christ...
I feel the same :(
very frustrating.

5 hours and 30 minutes until applications close

I submitted, but I have three (?) letters of recommendation listed. One PDF, one PNG, and one DOC. Is there a way to see which letter was submitted by which person? The document names are not clear indicators, unfortunately.

I submitted, but I have three (?) letters of recommendation listed. One PDF, one PNG, and one DOC. Is there a way to see which letter was submitted by which person? The document names are not clear indicators, unfortunately.

how do you have 3 letters of rec?

I now have 4 letters of recommendation listed! Haha

I had both of my writers upload again because I wasn't sure which one uploaded the wrong format.

I had both of my writers upload again because I wasn't sure which one uploaded the wrong format.

Attempting the same at the moment, but with such short notice, it might have to be a miracle. All hail .pdf!

Holy... Shout out to Dr. D for submitting a pdf less than 30 minutes after my request!

I too have 4 letters now that I had my writers resubmit..raised a ticket with NHSC so that they won't use the 'wrong format' but not sure how soon they will contact back

I too have 4 letters now that I had my writers resubmit..raised a ticket with NHSC so that they won't use the 'wrong format' but not sure how soon they will contact back
How did you do that?

I have the same issue as well. It is too late to contact them because it is passed their hours. :(
Hopefully it is not a big issue.

I think the scholarship portal closes at 7:30 ED. This whole process was very frustrating and discouraging at times. Best of luck to all you and thank you for sharing your thoughts and info with the community.
May the screening committee be in your favor!

Reactions: 6 users