NHSC Scholarship 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are essays double spaced?

Members don't see this ad.

where do applicants sign on the verification of good standing form? it is supposed to be filled out by school counselor. Nowhere in the form asking for applicant's signature. guideline pdf states "This form must be completed and hand signed by the school official and applicant."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
when you submit your application, you can view a pdf version of your submitted application including all supporting documents. those who have already submitted, are you able to see the LORs as well?

when you submit your application, you can view a pdf version of your submitted application including all supporting documents. those who have already submitted, are you able to see the LORs as well?

I seriously doubt that we will be able to read the lors on the review page. Across disciplines it is understood that lors are confidential.

Where are you putting your signature on the Acceptance Report?

You could ask for a copy of LOR for your records....some professors give that to students and some don't....

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

where do applicants sign on the verification of good standing form? it is supposed to be filled out by school counselor. Nowhere in the form asking for applicant's signature. guideline pdf states "This form must be completed and hand signed by the school official and applicant."

Good question! I hadn't noticed that... Let us know what/if you find out please.

I called them regarding the application signature on the verification of acceptance/good standing form and the told me they will email me back with an answer. No one did. So, I called again this morning and after being on hold for ever I got an answer......If there is no place for you (applicant) to sign then do not sign the form. So I am not going to sing the form since there is no place for me to sign... So no applicant signature is require....Also, on the form itself it say to be filled out by school official only.

Reactions: 1 users
Every time i called them the say you can also refers to the guide....all the information can be found there......but it is not really a guide....it is more like a misguide...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I just called them. They told me to sign it, date it, and indicate that i am the applicant.

I called them regarding the application signature on the verification of acceptance/good standing form and the told me they will email me back with an answer. No one did. So, I called again this morning and after being on hold for ever I got an answer......If there is no place for you (applicant) to sign then do not sign the form. So I am not going to sing the form since there is no place for me to sign... So no applicant signature is require....Also, on the form itself it say to be filled out by school official only.

Great...

I just called them. They told me to sign it, date it, and indicate that i am the applicant.

Of course they did...

We need more people to call and ask to see what answers they get. i still dont know if i should sign it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
For the LOR page, does the"status" change from "In Progress" once a recommender submits their letter?

I want this scholarship so badly, but I feel like there are already 5 little things that will disqualify me the second I submit it :arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
For the LOR page, does the"status" change from "In Progress" once a recommender submits their letter?

The status changes from "in progress" to "letter uploaded" & you should also get an email notification when they submit the LOR

Maybe a silly question... But the essay character count of 2,500 is for each essay right?

The status changes from "in progress" to "letter uploaded" & you should also get an email notification when they submit the LOR
My status says "in progress" even though my letter writers have uploaded them. I even got an email stating that they were uploaded

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

My status says "in progress" even though my letter writers have uploaded them. I even got an email stating that they were uploaded

Update: Nevermind it did change! It still shows the option to send the request again so I assumed it also said "in progress".

Did you guys upload some documents in docx format or do they all have to be pdf?

Call them again to see if you get the same answer....:laugh:

Seriously. I asked on the last help night and they said to sign all documents requiring a signature. I signed because guide said so. Should I date it or what? So confused. :shrug:

I really don't think you need to sign it unless there is a space designated for you to do so... however, if you are nervous about something, I don't think they would disqualify you for signing it anyway. Sign and date everything if you want to. They probably will not care. Better sign something that doesn't need it than not sign something that does.

I really don't think you need to sign it unless there is a space designated for you to do so... however, if you are nervous about something, I don't think they would disqualify you for signing it anyway. Sign and date everything if you want to. They probably will not care. Better sign something that doesn't need it than not sign something that does.
Did you sign in when you applied last year? it doesn't make any sense to sign original citizenship certificate, resume etc.

what do you guys put for discipline? I am actually going to med school so do I just put Medical?

Hello, how should I go about putting our Discipline on the unofficial transcript?

It does not specifically say that in the guide. I had to call them and ask. They lady on the phone said it should be single spaced.

It does not specifically say that in the guide. I had to call them and ask. They lady on the phone said it should be single spaced.

Oh okay. Since it doesn't specifically say that in the instructions and no one from the help desk seems to know anything, I am probably going to leave mine double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman. Thank you.

Did you sign in when you applied last year? it doesn't make any sense to sign original citizenship certificate, resume etc.
No. I only signed the documents where it specifically had a space for me to sign. I just don't think it is anything to be worried about or anything for people to get up in arms about. If it says to sign it, sign it. If it doesn't. Don't. If one place it says to sign it but another place says no or doesn't mention it, up to you, and if you are that worried, sign it. No harm, no foul.

I see. Seems weird that this is an example and his name isn't even on the essays..... I don't think spacing is really THAT big of a deal. I am also not going to reformat my CV to match that example. If NHSC wants to disqualify me for something as trivial as formatting for which instructions were never given, maybe I don't want to work for them. I'll take my chances, but thank you for sharing!

I see. Seems weird that this is an example and his name isn't even on the essays..... I don't think spacing is really THAT big of a deal. I am also not going to reformat my CV to match that example. If NHSC wants to disqualify me for something as trivial as formatting for which instructions were never given, maybe I don't want to work for them. I'll take my chances, but thank you for sharing!
Yeah. This is actually a pretty bad example. That is also one of the worst CVs I've ever seen. Probably a good call not trying to mirror it.

This was posted on the NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE CORPS - SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (NHSC- SP) 2014 Scholarship Application Review Instructions. On the right hand side you can find the link to the example of how the application should look like. I do not know if the applicant got the scholarship or not.
HRSA Review Information
I know this a bad example but this is the only example i could find online. If anyone else has anything better please share with the community.

Just submitted the application online! Now the waiting game begins.... (kinda like AADSAS again lol)

Reactions: 4 users
Let the games BEGIN!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Next week I am graduating with a master's. I have already combined my transcripts from undergrad and master's into one PDF, but as far as my GPA goes I'm not sure what to put. Does anyone have any information on this? Should I put my undergrad GPA? master's GPA? Or an average of the two? Anyone else have the same situation?

The most recent institution, so your masters.