NHSC Scholarship 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah also got a finalist email around noon.....wow

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes to found out if you got a countersignature?

Today's the 25th of August...#CountdownToCosign

Reactions: 2 users
BHW Online Portal indicates "the site will be down for scheduled maintenance from 10:00 PM on Friday, August 25th, 2017 to approximately 6:00 AM EST Saturday, August 26th, 2017". Hopefully that means countersigns will be coming Monday?

Reactions: 7 users
How will we be notified if we get countersigned? Will it be on the portal, or will we be emailed when/if it happens?

Members don't see this ad :)
In other news...Today's the 28th of August...#CountdownToCosign

How will we be notified if we get countersigned? Will it be on the portal, or will we be emailed when/if it happens?
I actually don't think you get notified at all. I remember that I had to just keep checking myself and one day it was there. The next notification that you get is a congratulatory email for having received the scholarship.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the NHSC portal?

This is the message I'm getting:

"This account cannot have the participant role as it is already associated with a non-participant record"

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the NHSC portal?

This is the message I'm getting:

"This account cannot have the participant role as it is already associated with a non-participant record"

I'm still able to login to my account. I think you're signing into the wrong portal. Go to Applicants > NHSC Scholarship Program

I think you did Participant bc I got the same message when I tried logging into the participant portal. goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still able to login to my account. I think you're signing into the wrong portal. Go to Applicants > NHSC Scholarship Program

I think you did Participant bc I got the same message when I tried logging into the participant portal. goodluck!

Thank you, it worked.

Countersignature at 10:58!

Countersigned by Jamie King @ 1054AM!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got a counter signature at 10:50 as well. However, it still says "Accepted Award: Under Final Review" for my status. Is yours the same?

So with a countersignature, is it a guarantee of award? Or is there another step...? Does anyone know usually how long for award letters to come out?

Congrats guys!

The countersignature is shown under our electronic signature? Who signed it for you guys? Congrats!!!!

I have countersig as well at 10:50! Still says under final review also...

Countersigned at 10:50 and still says "Accepted Award: Under Final Review" as well

Any other finalists not get a signature yet?

So with a countersignature, is it a guarantee of award? Or is there another step...? Does anyone know usually how long for award letters to come out?

Congrats guys!
Technically, it isn't a guarantee until you get the congrats email. They should be going out any day now. I got mine 8/30 and I think you guys are only a week or 2 behind the events of my year.

So if you get the scholarship but you've already accepted loan offers to pay school tuition/fees, what happens? Does the NHSC just refund you?

#CountdownToCosign I GOT THE COSIGN!

"Signature: Electronically signed by Jamie King
Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA
Date: Aug 30, 2017 10:52:28 AM
"

Technically, it isn't a guarantee until you get the congrats email. They should be going out any day now. I got mine 8/30 and I think you guys are only a week or 2 behind the events of my year.

I'm pretty sure from a legal standpoint that once it's signed by both parties it's legally binding. Especially seeing as the contact states "The Secretary shall sign only those contracts submitted by applicants who are selected for participation".

I'm pretty sure from a legal standpoint that once it's signed by both parties it's legally binding. Especially seeing as the contact states "The Secretary shall sign only those contracts submitted by applicants who are selected for participation".

I like that.

I got the Counter Signature :)

Alhamdulillah!

Signature: Electronically signed by Jamie King Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA Date: Aug 30, 2017 10:50:36 AM

I see your point, and I personally agree with you... but knowing how they work, I wouldn't count on anything until the congrats email...

Got countersigned too! 10:52 Jamie King,
Dental Applied for 3 years
Waiting game continues on for one last email, hoping everyone gets it!

Has any PA's got the counter sign and if you didn't get one this morning does that mean you won't .

Woot countersigned at 10:52 am! I still can't believe it!!

Dental student
Applied all 4 years

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Counter signed yesterday (8/30) at 10:54am!
It was a bit confusing because you have to log in to the portal, and then click your signed contract to see that it was countersigned at the very bottom. I was expecting the portal to say something.

Congratulations to those who received the award this year!

Are any of you willing to share advice for those of us who will be reapplying next year?

Thank you!

MD student here, was countersigned yesterday.

"Signature: Electronically signed by Jamie King Role: OFAM Approver, HRSA Date: Aug 30, 2017 10:58:05 AM"

Like others said, still Accepted Award - Under Final Review on the portal

Congratulations to those who received the award this year!

Are any of you willing to share advice for those of us who will be reapplying next year?

Thank you!
Hi DocNM!
I don't know that I have any broad advice other than make sure your essays really answer the prompts and show that you are committed to service. It looks like you fall under the physician awards (judging by your DO school posts), so if you want somebody to help read and edit your essays, I would be happy to help! I would offer the same to dentistry students but that seems a little outside my knowledge area. Any other MD/DO students who want help on their applications for next year, feel free to message me. I am no expert, but it never hurts to have other eyes on your application. I had several peers and faculty members look over multiple drafts of my essays and CV before I sent them in and I would love to help others out in the same way.

@cooliyak, would you mind giving us a quick rundown of the next steps for those of us who have receive the award? For example, how does we go about returning loans/scholarships? Is it all done by NHSC and our schools, or are we required to submit more paperwork?