NHSC loan repayment HSPA score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sw321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if could get some feedback from someone who has been though this. I have accepted a job at a lrp site and submitted my application for the 2015 lrp cycle. My discipline is mental health with a hspa of 8. But the primary care and dental are, 3 and 6. I'd all the discipline score are added it totals 17. Does the nhsc look at the discipline score or the site score when making their determination on funds that will be awarded? If they look at my discipline I would be awarded 30k versus 50k if they awarded based on site. Also anyone know how long it take to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm fairly certain that they don't add the scores. I believe it is specialty specific, and you would be looking at sites with scores 13 or lower with the 30k repayment. Honestly, those numbers are pretty low. In years past, it seemed some applicants were hearing back on their rewards in mid-to-late June, though they aren't required to provide an answer until September. Who knows for this year? My status says that it's still in processing.

Thank you for the info. Mine says under review, so hopefully soon. Thanks again.