New York COM, Jonesboro Campus (NYIT-COM, Jonesboro) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!! I should have been checking my email more often!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it safe to assume that waitlist movement is over? I've sent them updates to show that if I get in, I'm gonna haul myself down there

I'm on WLs for 3-4 schools and they all have orientation starting at the range August 1-3. It's an awkward feeling

Is it safe to assume that waitlist movement is over? I've sent them updates to show that if I get in, I'm gonna haul myself down there

I'm on WLs for 3-4 schools and they all have orientation starting at the range August 1-3. It's an awkward feeling

Not necessarily, As the previous person posted they just got accepted. I also just got accepted this week at my first choice school. But that being said, if you plan to reapply, I would get my application ready. I was finishing mine when I got accepted. I know it's a tough position to be in; try to stay positive!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how the waitlist thing works.

I guess people still drop their seats for different reasons

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: i GOT ACCEPTED TODAY!!!:):soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
I remember seeing a few posts here and on the fb group regarding required equipment, but cant seem to find them for some reason... What equipment do we have to purchase? Would it be enough to purchase just the stethoscope?

I remember seeing a few posts here and on the fb group regarding required equipment, but cant seem to find them for some reason... What equipment do we have to purchase? Would it be enough to purchase just the stethoscope?

It's in the pre-orientation guide. But here is the required equipment list with their suggested brands and models.
  • Stethoscope: Littmann Cardiology IV
  • Oto-ophthalmoscope: Welch Allyn Diagnostic Set Standard 97200 MCL Diagnostic Set, Ni-Cad Handle & LED lights
  • Sphygmomanometer: Welch Allyn blood pressure cuff DS45- MC Economy Dura-Shock Hand Aneroid with 4/cuffs
  • Reflex Hammer: Taylor
  • C-128 Tuning Fork
  • C-512 Tuning Fork

Looking forward to meeting all of you very soon! I'm still setting up housing and was wondering if anyone has a couch I can stay on during orientation week. I'll put some $ in towards rent of course!

Does anyone have an idea what the schedule/curriculum is going to be like? Like what classes are we taking and whatnot

Looking forward to meeting all of you very soon! I'm still setting up housing and was wondering if anyone has a couch I can stay on during orientation week. I'll put some $ in towards rent of course!
Why are you not just living in the on-campus apartments? I got to take a tour of those and they seem pretty nice.

I was told they give us th
Does anyone have an idea what the schedule/curriculum is going to be like? Like what classes are we taking and whatnot

I was told they give us the actual curriculum at orientation, but the schedule appears to be Mon-Thurs 8 to 4 and Friday's from 8 to 12ish.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any students that are looking for somewhere to live, I have a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a fenced in yard in a nice neighborhood for rent. 10 minutes from campus. I am a DO, recently graduated from residency in Jonesboro and moved to a town a short distance away. The house was brand new when I bought it in 2014. PM me if interested and will discuss details and cost of rent

Why are you not just living in the on-campus apartments? I got to take a tour of those and they seem pretty nice.

Various personal reasons, I have a family - husband kids, etc.

Was anyone on the waitlist recently contacted by Edward Dettling? I just missed his call about my application status, and I'm wondering if it's a hopeful thing, or if they're just checking to see who still wants to be on the waitlist.

Was anyone on the waitlist recently contacted by Edward Dettling? I just missed his call about my application status, and I'm wondering if it's a hopeful thing, or if they're just checking to see who still wants to be on the waitlist.
Since orientation check-in is on Monday I bet they are trying to figure out who a last-minute go-to person would be in the event someone doesn't show.

Anybody who interviewed 10/20/17 hear anything back yet?

Hey everyone,

I recently got accepted to NYITCOM-AR. I will be attending, however, I am curious about the schedule. I will have a SO that will be moving with me and we have been looking around and the job opportunities in Jonesboro seems sparse. As a compromise, I was thinking to commute from Memphis. However, before making that decision I wanted to get a feel for the first and second-year schedule. How many days are we required to come to class a week for the first year and second year? If it was only 3x a week I would not mind commuting an hour for 3 days a week, however, if it is every day I don't think living so far will be possible. I appreciate all of your insight.

Hey everyone,

I recently got accepted to NYITCOM-AR. I will be attending, however, I am curious about the schedule. I will have a SO that will be moving with me and we have been looking around and the job opportunities in Jonesboro seems sparse. As a compromise, I was thinking to commute from Memphis. However, before making that decision I wanted to get a feel for the first and second-year schedule. How many days are we required to come to class a week for the first year and second year? If it was only 3x a week I would not mind commuting an hour for 3 days a week, however, if it is every day I don't think living so far will be possible. I appreciate all of your insight.
I recommend living in Jonesboro. You will need to be on campus 4x a week and sometimes 5x/week your first year. I can't imagine having to drive an 1+ hours everyday.

I recommend living in Jonesboro. You will need to be on campus 4x a week and sometimes 5x/week your first year. I can't imagine having to drive an 1+ hours everyday.

I've been hearing a lot of different information about the schedule. Is it possible for you to send the schedule you had for the first year? I tried to ask academic services for it, but they said it was not ready yet. I'm trying to find a compromise for my significant other and I. I would like to live in Memphis. However, if it is not possible, then I can live closer. The catch is that my SO also can't be too far from his work. I just really need something tangible before I can make a decision like this.

I've been hearing a lot of different information about the schedule. Is it possible for you to send the schedule you had for the first year? I tried to ask academic services for it, but they said it was not ready yet. I'm trying to find a compromise for my significant other and I. I would like to live in Memphis. However, if it is not possible, then I can live closer. The catch is that my SO also can't be too far from his work. I just really need something tangible before I can make a decision like this.
You could always possibly find a place in the middle of jonesboro and memphis and drive 30 mins to school?
I drove 45 mins there and back to my undergrad so that shouldn't be too bad!