New to this site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FNPBC2MD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am currently a Palliative Care DNP and wish to pursue medical school. In my field, there is a huge need for physicians and this has inspired my return to school. Before I can apply, there are several courses I must complete including: Organic Chemistry I & II, Physics I & II, and Biochemistry. I welcome any and all advice from the group. I haven't decided whether to apply to MD, DO, or both types of programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry that I broke your rules. Being inexperienced, I thought since I had not decided to go DO or MD that it might be a good idea. Thankfully, your response indicates it isn't. My post was simply an introduction. Others have given me advice.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Welcome to the site! We're glad you're here :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I am currently a Palliative Care DNP and wish to pursue medical school. In my field, there is a huge need for physicians and this has inspired my return to school. Before I can apply, there are several courses I must complete including: Organic Chemistry I & II, Physics I & II, and Biochemistry. I welcome any and all advice from the group. I haven't decided whether to apply to MD, DO, or both types of programs.
Welcome!

Welcome! You have a great chance to be admitted IMO. Took a similar path from nursing to being admitted to DO school a few months ago. It seems insormountable at first but just take 1 step at a time. I did a formal post bacc but you may not need to. Which area of the country are you in?

RN here, applying next year. Just finished all prereqs. You are welcome.