New Post Bacc Program @ Cooper Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cooper jumping onto the Post-Bacc Cash Cow:whistle:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in this program?

Does this provide a conditional acceptance upon completion of the program?
If so, what are the requirements of GPA and MCAT Score??

It looks like it does have a linkage agreement for it's own school...

---

Linkage Agreement between Advanced Premed Post Baccalaureate & Cooper Medical School MD Programs

Each year, up to 4 students in the Post Baccalaureate program will be eligible for an automatic interview to determine acceptance and matriculation directly into CMSRU’s MD program following completion of the Post Bacc program. Students must meet all of the guidelines below and there are no exceptions due to the competitive nature of this linkage. Eligible students will interview during the normal interview season. Students will still complete and submit their AMCAS application by the deadline determined by the Office of Advanced Premed Studies and CMSRU’s Office of MD Admissions and will be required to submit their Post Bacc transcripts and MCAT (re-taken, if applicable) scores by February of the year enrolled in the program.

Eligibility to Interview (Up to 4 students max)

- Undergraduate Science GPA of at least 3.2
- Post Baccalaureate GPA of 3.7 or higher
- MCAT score at approximately the 60th percentile *old MCAT scores will not be accepted*
- 20 hours or more of community service within the Camden community

Contingencies to Matriculate

- Completion of CMSRU Advanced Premedical Post Baccalaureate Program
- Meet all CMSRU MD prerequisites (view here)

---

But, given the admissions requirements, which are basically all of the premed coursework, I think is a program designed to target people from and who want to serve in the local community.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Cooper jumping onto the Post-Bacc Cash Cow:whistle:

While I can certainly understand why this would be the assumption, Rowan is a public university and tuition is actually pretty reasonable for in-state folks. Looking at their website and admissions requirements, I think this program is an "enhancer" program targeted at local premeds who would potentially stay and serve in the Camden community.

While I can certainly understand why this would be the assumption, Rowan is a public university and tuition is actually pretty reasonable for in-state folks. Looking at their website and admissions requirements, I think this program is an "enhancer" program targeted at local premeds who would potentially stay and serve in the Camden community.

I said that because I did a "DIY post bacc" as an in-stater at Rowan and it only cost like $250 per credit... it was a hell of a deal

I said that because I did a "DIY post bacc" as an in-stater at Rowan and it only cost like $250 per credit... it was a hell of a deal

I see. I live in Philadelphia and Temple is nowhere near as cheap. I will be headed to the suburbs for my DIY post bacc since CC is supposedly not optimal in my case.

Last edited:
I see. I live in Philadelphia and Temple is nowhere near as cheap. I will be headed to the suburbs for my DIY post bacc since CC is supposedly not optimal in my case.

Be careful. admitting 16-24 students, with no direct linkages to any school or acceptance stats/percentages... and only promising that 4 people will be interviewed. I am skeptical. Those aren't great odds at $22,000.

Be careful. admitting 16-24 students, with no direct linkages to any school or acceptance stats/percentages... and only promising that 4 people will be interviewed. I am skeptical. Those aren't great odds at $22,000.

Agreed...but I think that's a risk of most SMPs. Despite the thread's title, the program is an SMP as opposed to a post bacc; you must enter with all of the prerequisites already completed and you take classes with medical students. When compared to the alternative SMPs in the area, $22K is less than half the price. SMPs are always high risk, high reward...if you do poorly, then all you have is a specialized degree with very little chance of getting into medical school. If you do well, it seems like you will get in somewhere.

Last edited:
Agreed...but I think that's a risk of most SMPs. Despite the thread's title, the program is an SMP as opposed to a post bacc; you must enter with all of the prerequisites already completed and you take classes with medical students. When compared to the alternative SMPs in the area, $22K is more than half the price. SMPs are always high risk, high reward...if you do poorly, then all you have is a specialized degree with very little chance of getting into medical school. If you do well, it seems like you will get in somewhere.

If you end up doing that, make sure you check out Donkey's Place for their cheesesteak. Best cheesesteak on earth

If you end up doing that, make sure you check out Donkey's Place for their cheesesteak. Best cheesesteak on earth

I live in Philadelphia and will doing a DIY post bacc at West Chester or Cheyney. But I appreciate the heads up...I will travel for good food.

On the website they said they are adding linkage to the DO program. Anyone know about this?

I'm interested in this program but a lot of people say it's a waste of time.

I took a look at the Cooper program too. For that type of money, you're better off taking the pre-req's at your state school and then getting a masters.

I took a look at the Cooper program too. For that type of money, you're better off taking the pre-req's at your state school and then getting a masters.
Wow really? but i know they have linkage programs. Isn't that a good deal?

Wow really? but i know they have linkage programs. Isn't that a good deal?

"Four students eligible for an automatic interview." If you got a 3.7 in that program, you should be able to score decently on the MCAT and you'd probably get an interview at some other school so why pay them so much money for this program?

WTH is an "advanced post-bacc" anyway lol? These school's just get more creative with these new programs. The pre-reqs plus a masters is a better investment overall.

I would advise that if you are looking into a post-bacc to begin with, pick one that has a track record of getting almost all of their students into a medical school somewhere.

"Four students eligible for an automatic interview." If you got a 3.7 in that program, you should be able to score decently on the MCAT and you'd probably get an interview at some other school so why pay them so much money for this program?

WTH is an "advanced post-bacc" anyway lol? These school's just get more creative with these new programs. The pre-reqs plus a masters is a better investment overall.

I would advise that if you are looking into a post-bacc to begin with, pick one that has a track record of getting almost all of their students into a medical school somewhere.
Lol completely true those 4 can easily get into other schools but they have a DO option too.