Other OT-Related Information New options available for your SDN "status"!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesertPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A bit of good news for everyone. I contacted the SDN help center about the lack of very good choices for student/professional status on your profile within the rehabilitation sciences and they made some great changes. :D The best changes were in the OT choices so I thought I would let you guys know.

In the past, when you went to "personal details" in your account to pick you "status" within healthcare, "pre-rehab sci [AuD/DPT/OTD]" was the only option for pre-professional students. You can now choose "Pre-Occupational Therapy", along with "Pre-Physical Therapy", "Pre-Audiology" and "Pre-Speech Language Pathology".

Also, in the pas the only option for working PTs and OTs was just "DPT/OTD". You can now choose either "Physical Therapist" or "Occupational Therapist". Now everyone can better represent the proper profession and it is more technically correct as many PTs are not DPTs and many OTs are not OTDs.

A choice for "Occupation Therapy Student" has also been added. In the past there was a choice for "Physical Therapy Student", but the only other choice for current grad students was "Rehab Sci Student [OTD]" which was obviously incorrect for everyone in an MOT program.

The old options that were available in the past are all still there in the list of choices. The new options that I have described can now be found by scrolling down to the bottom of the list.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that this little technical issue has been improved. Now everyone in the Rehab Sci forums should be able to represent more accurately at what point in their educational/professional career they are. I'm going to take the liberty of cross-posting this is the PT forums as well as well just to make sure everyone is aware. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users