USMLE/COMLEX NEW - 2011 USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package - 40% OFF Discussion Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
****** After March 18, 2011 - FIND UPDATED INFO AT - http://www.ApolloAudiobooks.com ******

Apollo will be giving away Six (6) "USMLE Step 1 Total Audio Packages" and Six (6) "USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Packages" to 12 lucky members! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion on the Apollo Audiobooks USMLE-related forums. Step 1 Audio products will be raffled for posts on Step 1-related threads, and Step 2 Audio packages will be raffled for posts on Step 2-related threads. Each Total Audio Package is approximately a $350.00 value.

Keywords for this thread are - USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package, USMLE Step 2, USMLE Step 2 Audio, USMLE Step 2 Audiobook, Step 2 Audio, Step 2 MP3, UMLE Step 2 MP3, USMLE Step 2 Audio Download, USMLE Step 2 MP3 Download, USMLE Step 2 Audio Torrent, USMLE Step 2 MP3 Torrent, FREE USMLE Audio, Free Step Audio Downloads, Free USMLE Step 2 MP3, USMLE, Step 2, Audio, Download, MP3, Torrent, Discount, Email Subscriber Discount

NEW! USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package!

Apollo Audiobooks, LLC is happy to announce the release of our NEW USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package! In short, the Step 2 Total Audio Package is a combination of ALL OF OUR Step 2 AUDIO MP3s combined into a single program and sold at a significant discount to buying them separately. . .

To Put is VERY SIMPLY. . .

What is Included In the USMLE Step 2 Audio Package?
- - - Over 143 hours of Step 2 Audio Review!

1. Gold Standard Step 2 of the Boards, Updated 2011 Edition - Included
  • A 81 HOUR of Step 2 CK USMLE Audio Review in Q & A Format
  • INCLUDING over 7 hours of totally new material
  • PLUS 150% "FAST Speed" version included for FREE

2. Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine Audio - Included
  • A 48 HOUR USMLE Audio Review in Q & A Format
  • Great for the the Wards AND USMLE Step 2 CK AND USMLE Step 1 AND Clinical Rotations

3. USMLE Help Step 2 CK Audio MP3 - Included
  • A 9 HOUR USMLE Step 2 CK Audio Review
  • Topics Include Dermatology , Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Infectious Disease, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, Pulmonology, and much more.

4. USMLE Help Step 2 CS Audio MP3 - Included
  • A 5.9 HOUR USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills Audio Review
  • Topics include guidelines for passing the exam, overcoming challenging patients, how to write a good note, FORTY CLINICAL CASES and much more.

Get 20% OFF the USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package Here!

At Apollo we have packaged these four USMLE Step 2 Audio Resources together, and we are happy to offer the Total Audio Package at 20% OFF the price of purchasing the titles individually! This 20% OFF pricing is good for all customers who would like to purchase the USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package. You do not have to be an email subscriber. You do not have to join a group. You simply get 20% OFF Our Regular Price versus purchasing each of the products individually.

Get 40% OFF the USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package Here!
- - - Email Subscribers Only - Sign Up NOW!

At Apollo our opt-in email subscribers get some of the best benefits on the web! These benefits include:
  • NEW! 40% OFF USMLE "Total Audio Packages"
  • NEW! 40% OFF USMLEHelp audio as a part of the "Total Audio Packages"
  • 40% OFF Gold Standard USMLE Audio Reviews
  • 2 FREE USMLE Audio Downloads Per Month
  • Periodic Discount Codes for an Additional 10% to 25% OFF
  • Product Updates and Notifications
  • And More...

Join Today and Start Saving!

Wishing Everybody USMLE Step 2 Success!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Using the NEW - 2011 USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package - 40% OFF Discussion Forum

1. Feel free to discuss any of the Review Programs found at ApolloAudiobooks.com or 2011 USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package discussed in this forum thread.

2. Have you used any of the review programs listed on the Apollo site? Leave your feedback! Tell us, other students, and the rest of the world what you thought.

3. RAFFLE: The USMLE Audio raffle prizes are discussed at the top of this thread. Check out these SDN forum threads to learn more about the raffle prizes: The USMLE Step 1 Total Audio Package & The USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package.

4. At this SDN forum thread you can See the Full Terms and Conditions regarding Email Subscriber Pricing, 2 Free Audio Downloads per month, and other disclaimers.

5. If you would like to make suggestions for "Corrections" or "Useful Additions" to future editions of the Gold Standard USMLE Audio Reviews, please see these SDN threads: Gold Standard Step 1 Corrections and Additions Thread & Gold Standard Step 2 Corrections and Additions Thread.

6. Most of all, Join the Apollo Email List!

At ApolloAudiobooks.com our opt-in email subscribers get some of the best benefits on the web! These include:
  • NEW! 40% OFF USMLE "Total Audio Packages"
  • NEW! 40% OFF USMLEHelp audio as a part of the "Total Audio Packages"
  • 40% OFF Gold Standard USMLE Audio Reviews
  • 2 FREE USMLE Audio Downloads Per Month
  • Periodic Discount Codes for an Additional 10% to 25% OFF
  • Product Updates and Notifications
  • And More...

What kind of reviews have people been giving the step 2 audio? I would like to enter the raffle. Thanks!

The Step 2 Total Audio package Brand NEW, just published today, so there are no reviews as of yet. However, Apollo has had good feedback about the Gold Standard Step 2 Audio, Foundations of Medicine, and USMLE Help Step 2 CK audio programs.

Apollo distributes all of our USMLE Audio reviews via our Storefront at Lulu.com. Each product page has a "Reviews" function where any user can leave reviews. So, if you've used any of these programs, feel free to post your review or feedback here or at the product pages at Lulu.com.

Wishing Everybody USMLE Success!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the package include transcript of the Q&A for us to follow along or review later? Thanks

Does the package include transcript of the Q&A for us to follow along or review later? Thanks

For the Gold Standard Step 1 Audio there is a 300 page "Reference Manual" in .pdf included with the download.
For the Gold Standard Step 2 Audio and Gold Standard Foundations of Medicine Audio - there is currently no written material. The USMLE Help books are available for purchase separately. SEE ALL PROGRAMS HERE.

I recommend you do what I did when I was a medical student:
  • Use the audio along with your rotations/clasees
  • Listen at times when you cannot just "sit" with a book - like at the gym/walking the dog/commuting.
  • Go through the audio more than once to improve retention

Are you working on written material?

Yes. Currently we are working on transcriptions of all of the Gold Standard USMLE Audio reviews to create both a working transcript for future updates, and a reference text that students can use along with the audio. You can learn more and become a transcriber at this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=801384

Thanks,

ApolloAudiobooks.com

That audio for the three steps was awesome. Thank you apollo audio! It does really help me for my preparation for the Indian MCI(FMGE) exam. Thank you. I'd request you if you could also prepare some material for Indian PG exams and MCI(FMGE) Exam too.

That audio for the three steps was awesome. Thank you apollo audio! It does really help me for my preparation for the Indian MCI(FMGE) exam. Thank you. I'd like to ask you if you also are planning to prepare some material for Indian PG exams and MCI(FMGE) Exam too?

I recently bought the Gold Standard Step 1 audio and have used a lot of it already for my step 1 in June 2011. I have it all on my Droid and listen to it while driving, or anytime I cannot have a book with me! I really like it and would love to have the audio for step 2 as well!! I have found that I learn well listening to audio instead of just trying to read all the time. Thanks for putting the time in for this material, it is greatly appreciated!

Medic2doctor

I recently bought the Gold Standard Step 1 audio and have used a lot of it already for my step 1 in June 2011. I have it all on my Droid and listen to it while driving, or anytime I cannot have a book with me! I really like it and would love to have the audio for step 2 as well!! I have found that I learn well listening to audio instead of just trying to read all the time. Thanks for putting the time in for this material, it is greatly appreciated!

Medic2doctor

Thanks Medic2doctor!

The truth is that most of medical education is centered around "books" which is fine because it has been that way for the last few hundred years. However, I always found it nice to take a break from my books and pop on the USMLE Audio Reviews to give my eyes a rest!

Wishing Everybody USMLE Success!

www.ApolloAudiobooks.com

Stark

It looks like the Step I Audio Package and the Step II Audio Package (for the raffle) BOTH Contain Foundations Audio Set. Is this correct? I recently received the Step I Audio Package, LOVE IT, hope to use Step II soon after my boards, but don't know where Foundations fits in my current study schedule.

I LOVE taking a break from my computer and/or textbooks and STILL be preparing for my boards. My ipod has been constantly running, and I notice the second or third time around specific topics, things really starting to click!

I'm a nerd and try to say the answers aloud before the audio presenter does, but I've found it extremely helpful!

It looks like the Step I Audio Package and the Step II Audio Package (for the raffle) BOTH Contain Foundations Audio Set. Is this correct? I recently received the Step I Audio Package, LOVE IT, hope to use Step II soon after my boards, but don't know where Foundations fits in my current study schedule.

I LOVE taking a break from my computer and/or textbooks and STILL be preparing for my boards. My ipod has been constantly running, and I notice the second or third time around specific topics, things really starting to click!

I'm a nerd and try to say the answers aloud before the audio presenter does, but I've found it extremely helpful!

Yes - Foundations of Medicine is included in Both Step 1 and Step 2 Total Audio Packages

Learn more about Gold Standard Foundation of Medicine audio in This SDN TPW Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=801350
More details about how Gold Standard Foundations Audio is used for the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 is in this thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10697278&postcount=35

I recently went through the RBC and WBC portions of the Foundations program. Hematology has been my weakest area and I found these to be a comprehensive treatment of the major issues in hematology concerning the RBCs and WBCs and plan to listen to these recording over and over until I have them down cold!

Members don't see this ad :)
I might have missed it earlier, but who is the speaker/lecturer?

Just wondering where I could find the breakdown of subject material lectured and how it is organized? By systems, or subject i.e. medicine, surgery?

Thanks

Just wondering where I could find the breakdown of subject material lectured and how it is organized? By systems, or subject i.e. medicine, surgery?

Thanks

If you go to http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=80 and scroll a little down the page, you'll see a breakdown of each Audio set; either USMLE 1 , USMLE 2 or Foundations. USMLE 1 and first half of USMLE 2 are basically broken down by system ,and the Foundations Audio is broken down by Symptom. The last half of USMLE 2 is "Points" on different subjects (i.e. OB-GYN, pediatrics, surgery, etc), so it's all there!

It really is a comprehensive overview of what we need to succeed!

Good luck!

I recently went through the RBC and WBC portions of the Foundations program. Hematology has been my weakest area and I found these to be a comprehensive treatment of the major issues in hematology concerning the RBCs and WBCs and plan to listen to these recording over and over until I have them down cold!

Thanks prosthret! That's how you do it. Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!

Wishing You USMLE Success!

http://apolloaudiobooks.com/index.php

Stark

I might have missed it earlier, but who is the speaker/lecturer?

The speakers in the USMLE Step 2 Total Audio Package are mostly physicians with a couple of PhDs. This minimizes mispronunciations and misunderstandings.

Some large publishing companies have published USMLE audio review material using "professional voice talent." That essentially means a voice actor who is not a physician or a PhD. This can lead to some mispronunciations in the audio that can be very frustrating to students.

Wishing you USMLE Success!

http://apolloaudiobooks.com/index.php

Stark

Hi, I had a couple questions :

I would like to know how congruent your Step 2 CK package is to some of the more popular and widely used commercial, online USMLE Step 2 CK question preparation banks and review books?

Do you recommend a resource or companion (i.e. book or question bank) that reinforces and meshes well with your CK audio package system?

I feel that one of the more challenging issues that many of us students face when using multiple resources is finding inconsistencies (i.e. in the answers, assessment/plan, next best management step).

It is an unavoidable situation, but on the other hand - it would be nice to have some resources which pair along well together albeit the worries :).

Thanks for your time and input.

Like many others I also listen to the audio when I am either tired of reading or can't read, like driving or when eye strain sets in. The best way to learn is to involve as many senses as possible; sight (reading), sound (audio lecture), and touch (putting into practice the studied concepts).

My one criticism is that I bought step 2 not knowing it was out of date (it still has fasting blood glucose at 140 for diabetes Dx and the ACLS needs updated...), But since they are updating the audio for 2011 I assume that all this out of date info will be updated and good to go.

However, many concepts and info remain the same and so I continue to listen to the audio in preparation for step 3 and residency(although the new version would be nice to have.) The extra investment is definitely worth the payoff which is more information retained, better doctor, better scores, and happier patients.

This sounds like a great idea. This will allow me the opportunity to "study" while im driving or working out!:cool:

Is there any feedback from students on how useful this was for step 2?

How do I participate in the raffle for the Step 2CK? Sounds like this could be very useful for the book-averse.

Hi, I had a couple questions :

I would like to know how congruent your Step 2 CK package is to some of the more popular and widely used commercial, online USMLE Step 2 CK question preparation banks and review books?

Do you recommend a resource or companion (i.e. book or question bank) that reinforces and meshes well with your CK audio package system?

I feel that one of the more challenging issues that many of us students face when using multiple resources is finding inconsistencies (i.e. in the answers, assessment/plan, next best management step).

It is an unavoidable situation, but on the other hand - it would be nice to have some resources which pair along well together albeit the worries :).

Thanks for your time and input.

Inconsistencies Between Different USMLE Step 2 CK Review Resources

sirscrubsalot - You are absolutely correct about the inconsistencies between resources. It is is something we all run into in USMLE review - then continue to run into while practicing medicine. One source says it's 10% and the other 20%.

My recommendation is that you do the same thing I did as a student and a resident. Always use more than one resource in studying for any exam such as the USMLE Step 2 CK. When I was a student, I combined these resources - which worked well for me (See My USMLE Scores Here):

• Gold Standard USMLE Audio
  • First Aid for the USMLE
  • Crush Step 2
  • Step-Up to the USMLE
  • Underground Clinical Vignettes
  • A Q-Bank
  • Then some "Blueprints" to fill in the blanks

When I was a student I found that when using multiple resources - the really hot topics (I mean the really high-yield stuff) would be mentioned in more than one, if not all of the resources. The low-yield stuff would be mentioned in only one of the resources (knowing that stuff makes you a better physician - although not a better test-taker). At the same time, when going through multiple resources for USMLE review, I (slowly) became smart enough to recognize the inconsistencies and (rather than let it annoy me) would add the information to my database. In truth, I am a "lumper and not a splitter." That is to say 10% from on resource is close to 20% from another. In life - the percentages are never that clear-cut. You see in clinic what you see - regardless of the published percentages.

What Books and Other Resources to You Recommend with Gold Standard USMLE Step 2 CK Audio?

Find Apollo's Best Books for the USMLE Step 2 Here.

In short, I recommend the books mentioned before to use with Gold Standard Step 2 of the USMLE Audio MP3 Review:

• Gold Standard USMLE Audio
  • First Aid for the USMLE
  • Crush Step 2
  • Step-Up to the USMLE
  • Underground Clinical Vignettes
  • A Q-Bank
  • Then some "Blueprints" to fill in the blanks

I can recommend this list because these are the resources I used as a medical student. The odd thing about the Step 2 CK exam is that you can't just "cram" some books before the exam and expect to know all the answers. The USMLE Step 2 CK really does represent a culmination of all of your knowledge from your first year in medical school to you clinical rotations. Thus - take several of the high-yield books above and use them all.

You may find the Underground Clinical Vignettes especially useful as they will guild you in the testing, results, diagnosis, and treatment of so many of the patients on the USMLE Step 2 CK.

Thanks,

http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/

ApolloUSMLE

Is there any feedback from students on how useful this was for step 2?

kryptik - Anyone can post of review of the Gold Standard USMLE Step 2 Audio MP3 program here - http://www.lulu.com/product/media-d...smle-step-2-audio-mp3---2011-edition/15113775.

Also, anyone can post Suggestions, Corrections, or Additions to the Gold Standard USMLE Step 2 Audio MP3 program here - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10106900

This forum will close permanently at the end of SDN's Test Prep Week, and at Apollo, we encourage anyone who has any suggestions about the content of the program to post their views at SDN's Gold Standard Step 2 Audio Suggestions, Corrections or Additions Thread Here or post a review at the product page mentioned above.

Apollo just took over the distribution of all Gold Standard USMLE Audio titles in 2010 - and we want everyone to comment so we can constantly update and improve the program!

Thanks,

http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com

ApolloUSMLE

My one criticism is that I bought step 2 not knowing it was out of date (it still has fasting blood glucose at 140 for diabetes Dx and the ACLS needs updated...), But since they are updating the audio for 2011 I assume that all this out of date info will be updated and good to go.

CJJMD - thanks for posting this comment! - I have copied it on the Gold Standard Step 2 Audio MP3 Suggestions, Corrections and Additions Thread Here.

This is exactly the type of feedback we are looking for in the Gold Standard Step 2 Corrections and Additions thread! At Apollo, we want students to point out all of the inconsistencies or any errors that may be found in our programs.

Based on Medical Student feedback in 2010 we added "Points on Psychiatry" to the 2011 Edition of the Gold Standard Step 2 Audio review - in addition to other subjects.

Apollo just took over distribution of the Gold Standard Audio reviews in 2010 and started the Med Student Transcription Project to update the audio in 2010 as well. At present, Apollo does have both the ACLS and Diabetes sections of the Step 2 program transcribed. Thus the ACLS and Diabetes sections will be the first sections of updated audio going forward.

How Can I Get the ACLS and Diabetes Step 2 Audio When They are Updated?

As soon as the audio is update for the Gold Standard Step 2 Audio review ACLS and Diabetes Sections, Apollo email our links to all ApolloAudiobooks.com email subscribers. You can download the updated audio from those links for free once there are released. You can become an email subscriber at: http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=27.

Wising Everybody USMLE Step 2 Success!

ApolloUSMLE

How do I participate in the raffle for the Step 2CK? Sounds like this could be very useful for the book-averse.

Dreamed - "Book-Averse" describes me very well as a student! I was there too.

As far as the raffle goes, it is closed. However. . .

You Can Still Get Free USMLE Audio Step 2 CK Reviews by

Thanks,

ApolloUSMLE

Is this Step 2 audio package COMLEX Step 2 friendly?

Is this Step 2 audio package COMLEX Step 2 friendly?

Can I Use Apollo's USMLE Step 2 Review as a COMLEX Level 2 Audio Review?

ItzaMiracle - Currently there are no OMM - Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine - modules in Apollo's Step 2 Total Audio Package. So there is no specific material for the COMLEX Level 2 in this audio review.

Regarding student feedback about using the Step 2 Total Audio Package for the COMLEX Level 2 - I have not received any (either positive of negative) from students.

Take a look at the Gold Standard Step 2 Contents Here and Gold Standard Foundations in Medicine Contents Here and the USMLEHelp Step 2 CK Contents (bottom of page) Here to help you decide if the material is indeed "COMLEX Step 2" friendly.

My overall opinion is that the program contains material that would be useful for either the USMLE Step 2 or COMLEX Level 2, and I am happy to receive an feedback on that point via our Contact Us Page Here.

If you still need help deciding - use these FREE resources:

Wishing Everybody USMLE Step 2 and COMLEX Level 2 Success!

http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/

ApolloUSMLE

Last edited:
This Forum is Closed after March 18, 2011. Please use these helpful links after this date to find:

USMLE AUDIO MP3 Reviews Here ----- http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=75

FIRST AID for the USMLE Audio-Video Online Here ----- http://apolloaudiobooks.com/tasdn.php?p=First-Aid-USMLE-Audio-Video

USMLE iPhone Apps, MP3s, and Online Reviews Here ----- http://apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=242

Best Books for USMLE Review Here ----- http://www.apolloaudiobook.com/page.php?id=33

ONLINE USMLE Reviews Here ----- http://www.appolloaudiobooks.com/tasdn.php?p=First-Aid-USMLE-Audio-Video-Sample

LIVE USMLE Review Courses Here ----- http://www.appoloaudiobooks.com/tasdn.php?p=Live-USMLE-Step-1-Board-Review

FREE PODCASTS for USMLE and Med Students Here ----- http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=210#Free-USMLE-Audio-Podcasts

FREE About Gold Standard and USMLEHelp Audio Podcast Here ----- http://medical-mastermind-community.com/blog/gold-standard-usmle-step-1-samples

FREE Time Management, Study Techniques, & Using Audio Podcast Here ----- http://medical-mastermind-community.com/podcast/top-5-time-management-tips

2 FREE USMLE Audio Downloads per Month Here -----http://www.apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=210

40% OFF Gold Standard and Total Audio Packages Here -----http://apolloaudiobooks.com/page.php?id=27

Last edited: