Neurology contracts question and PGY1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurocandidate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear All:

I have been a silent observer of this excellent neuro forum as I plan to apply for the neuro match in 2006. I would like to congratulate you for matching to so many prestigious programs: great work !!

I am also curious of any of you guys who matched - have already received their neuro contracts from the programs ? Also, what would you say are the chances of getting a pgy-1 position during scramble ?

One of my friends has matched to a 2nd-3rd tier neuro program, but he did not receive his contract yet and they do not waranty any pgy-1 position (although they did initially) so he's left with very few prelim programs to rank and also a few categ. programs as well but he doesn't know what to do...:( :confused:

Your advice would be invaluable to me and to him as well....
Thank you so very much for any reply.....

Members don't see this ad.

neurocandidate said:
Dear All:

I have been a silent observer of this excellent neuro forum as I plan to apply for the neuro match in 2006. I would like to congratulate you for matching to so many prestigious programs: great work !!

I am also curious of any of you guys who matched - have already received their neuro contracts from the programs ? Also, what would you say are the chances of getting a pgy-1 position during scramble ?

One of my friends has matched to a 2nd-3rd tier neuro program, but he did not receive his contract yet and they do not waranty any pgy-1 position (although they did initially) so he's left with very few prelim programs to rank and also a few categ. programs as well but he doesn't know what to do...:( :confused:

Your advice would be invaluable to me and to him as well....
Thank you so very much for any reply.....

I haven't gotten anything from my program yet either. I'm not too worried.

I think the odds of scrambling into a PGY1 prelim medicine spot are extremely good, as long as you aren't opposed to moving. Lots of prelim spots go unfilled.

Tahank you so much for your reply...Good luck in your residency.... :)