NERB / ADEX Written Exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morgantaylor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has taken the NERB/ADEX written exam yet? This is a first for our school so no one has any idea of what to expect. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just started to read all this dental licensure stuff and found some very interesting thing about ADEX. The Curriculum Integrated Format (CIF) sounds great! Is your school participating in the CIF?

Let's just put it this way. Walk in, take exam as quickly as possible, walk out and find out you passed in about 2 weeks. The written exam is a joke.

Just took the clinical component about a month ago. Very similar to CRDTS, but the perio requirements were easier than crdts. Out of 76, I think about 8 people have to redo either the perio or operative sections at Iowa...mostly due to pts not being accepted.

Nope.....Our school decided not to take part in the CIF. Wish we would have been given the option....

Yah-E said:
I just started to read all this dental licensure stuff and found some very interesting thing about ADEX. The Curriculum Integrated Format (CIF) sounds great! Is your school participating in the CIF?

Members don't see this ad :)
NERB questions

I found that NERB questions are a lot more difficult than the NDBE
because the exam itself is not well organized and some typo exist. That make choosing answers difficult.
The monitor screens in Prometric testing center are flicking and speing hours in the center watching the screen is already painful.

my memory is fading but I still recall some:

Not many pharm questions
many pictures
study the author "woods" book and you wll be prepared.

IL-1 and its function
the difference between herpes simplex, major apthous, minor apthous, zosters, they seems to repeat these with pictures, remember major apthous have scars but not minor.
diagnosis of perio well.
why teeth have gaps after sc/rp
for cases.
write down med hx well
e.g. arithritis on pt hand, therefore, removable pros is not an option. I don't agree with it but that seems to be the answer.

post drill size relative to the root is 1/2. 1/3. 2/3. OR 3/4

hope that helps
;)

Hi,What is this "woods" book that everyone is talking about? Where can I get a copy to study for the NERB?

Thanks!

eagle99 said:
Hi,What is this "woods" book that everyone is talking about? Where can I get a copy to study for the NERB?

ISBN 1-5566-4421-3
;)

Hi
the NEREB DSCE is not that hard , you just need to get ready for it, old exams help and also norman wood book
it 's called review of diagnosis, oral medicine radiology and treatment planning
good luck

Hi
the NEREB DSCE is not that hard , you just need to get ready for it, old exams help and also norman wood book
it 's called review of diagnosis, oral medicine radiology and treatment planning
good luck

Would you like to take a review ? i know somebody . Plese let me know. I think it's worth it.

Hey I'm taking the NERB written part in a few weeks. I am really worried since I do not have any material like old exams...etc. I have this book by Norman woods. Do you have any other recommendations for me to pass?

Are these materials still available?

I have old exams/study materials for the NERB andWRE

I have the Review of Diagnosis, Oral Medicine, Radiology, and Treatment Planning
by Norman K. Wood and also the old exams/study materials for the NERB and WREB written exam. If interested, please e-mail at studyking2007
@yahoo.com .

I have old exams/study materials for the NERB andWRE

I have the Review of Diagnosis, Oral Medicine, Radiology, and Treatment Planning
by Norman K. Wood and also the old exams/study materials for the NERB and WREB written exam. If interested, please e-mail at studyking2007
@yahoo.com .
How much are you asking for all of it?