Negotiating salary and benefits Independent retail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmBulldog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are interviewing to work for an independent pharmacy, what are some reasonable benefits that you should expect to receive? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is no such thing as industry standard when it comes to indepedents. Some offer you Cadillac type benefits where others offer you absolutely nothing and expect you to be grateful just to be paid anyhing...I think it all comes down to the market and level of saturation where you live. I think it's good to find out what kind of benefits and pay was previously offered at the same place. In Los Angeles, I've seen Craigslist job posting of 35 dollars an hour, PIC with only 4 hours of work per week, etc. I think if it's reputable pharmacy and they want someone long term, they should at least offer health insurance, one week of vacation for full time work. But in Los Angeles/OC that extremely hard to find.

None. The most successful independence in my area offers no benefits. Sounds bad but you can choose between a low stress work environment or CVS.

None. The most successful independence in my area offers no benefits. Sounds bad but you can choose between a low stress work environment or CVS.
Seriously? That sucks, but I guess it's because the benefits would be so expensive for an independent.