Need some advice on step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traz2uzumab

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, long time lurker here. my step2 is scheduled for next week and i've been stressing out lol.

uwsa1 250
nbme 4 233
nbme 6 235
nbme 7 220 :/

the downward trend is scaring me lol. i still have uwsa2 left to do. is 240-250 still possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a pretty odd regression. Do you know why you're downtrending? Is it gaps in knowledge or burnout and question skimming? I don't know if I would take another assessment personally.

If UWSA's for step II are scaled like they are for step I then it's not necessarily a downtrend, it's more like nbme 7 is an outlier. Did anything weird happen during your last assessment?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hey guys, long time lurker here. my step2 is scheduled for next week and i've been stressing out lol.

uwsa1 250
nbme 4 233
nbme 6 235

the downward trend is scaring me lol. i still have uwsa2 left to do. is 240-250 still possible?

How did you do on step 1?

Nbme 7 is a weird one i dropped too, and so did bunch of folks.

Also it makes sense that your UWSA score is higher than NBME because curve is a lot more generous.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

uwsa1 250
nbme 4 233
nbme 6 235

Same thing happened to me. Scored a 245 on the first NBME and then every one after that went lower and lower. Scored a 245 on the first uwsa, 264 on the second. Upper 250s on the actual exam. Trust uworld over the NBMEs.

It seems the general sentiment is UWSAs are more predictive and NBMEs significantly underpredict.

Anecdotally, I took NBME 4 as a baseline, then NBME 6 last week and UWSA 1 today. NBME 4 was 28 points lower, and NBME 6 was 14 pts lower than my UWSA score.