Need some advice for my friend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsantos248

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a view questions about Ross university in the Caribbean medical school since I can not find any recent threads. My questions are below. As a pre-medical student as myself I want some advice for my friend that wants to attend Ross but I have my doubts:
1) Should they go to Ross? For the reason is they will soon graduate from college with a low gpa.
2) How difficult is it do get a residency even though they want want to pursue a career in internal medicine, family medicine or anesthesiology?
3) Is it worth it taking a large risk (no offense to anyone)
4) Should they do a SMP instead?
They will graduate with a ~3.05 gpa as a biology major. They are Mexican American. I want some opinions first so I can talk to them if it's worth it. I think it is if they bust their butt off ! They did not take the mcat yet but they had been scoring on the practice mcat tests above a 505's. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno. I've heard some concerning, sketchy things about Caribbean med schools

Members don't see this ad :)
no... just no

Reactions: 1 user
A solid MCAT score plus a very good SMP will most likely be good enough for MD in the states. Avoid the Caribbean at all cost.

Reactions: 1 user