COMLEX Need realistic view of my situation regarding comlex CE near pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magnoliatree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am a middle of the road student. Passed comlex I first try with 500, passed comlex pe first try. For whatever reason, I flubbed on the CE and got a 398... only 2 points from passing! I felt good about the exam and more prepared then I was for the comlex I, but for some reason I didn't do as well as I would have hoped. Yes, I caved and paid for the 50$ rescore fee, but I know that won't change anything, it's just for piece of mind I guess. Anyways, I am signed up to retake the CE in two weeks and plan to study intensely and pass this time around. Anyways, can anyone provide any realistic idea of how much I have impacted my future career and residency options? I was interested in IM and psych. Should I drop out and quit while I'm ahead? I feel like the one test is not an accurate reflection of my knowledge and preparation. It really felt like a fluke. Anyways, I don't know if I should be sobbing on the ground crying or remain hopeful. Any and all advice is appreciated. Never thought I would be in this situation. Breaks my heart.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so I am a middle of the road student. Passed comlex I first try with 500, passed comlex pe first try. For whatever reason, I flubbed on the CE and got a 398... only 2 points from passing! I felt good about the exam and more prepared then I was for the comlex I, but for some reason I didn't do as well as I would have hoped. Yes, I caved and paid for the 50$ rescore fee, but I know that won't change anything, it's just for piece of mind I guess. Anyways, I am signed up to retake the CE in two weeks and plan to study intensely and pass this time around. Anyways, can anyone provide any realistic idea of how much I have impacted my future career and residency options? I was interested in IM and psych. Should I drop out and quit while I'm ahead? I feel like the one test is not an accurate reflection of my knowledge and preparation. It really felt like a fluke. Anyways, I don't know if I should be sobbing on the ground crying or remain hopeful. Any and all advice is appreciated. Never thought I would be in this situation. Breaks my heart.
how did you prep is the first questions you have to address ?

how did you prep is the first questions you have to address ?

I prepped by completing the entire truelearn bank and reading master the boards. I feel that I prepped much better than I did for step 1 which i passed. I really feel that this exam was a fluke. So given that I take it in another two weeks and pass. Let's say average pass at 500. How have I impacted/ damaged my shot as a residency applicant? This has really taken a huge toll on my and I'm looking for any kind of hope that my dream is not over. Thank you.

I prepped by completing the entire truelearn bank and reading master the boards. I feel that I prepped much better than I did for step 1 which i passed. I really feel that this exam was a fluke. So given that I take it in another two weeks and pass. Let's say average pass at 500. How have I impacted/ damaged my shot as a residency applicant? This has really taken a huge toll on my and I'm looking for any kind of hope that my dream is not over. Thank you.
im guessing you mean combank, but did you use uworld at all ? from what ive been told by people above me. ONLINE MED ED+ UWORLD and COMBANK for omt