Need help creating a list of D.O. schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

regultimate

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am looking for some advice on which D.O. schools I should apply to.

Stats: 3.4 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA (strong upward trend), lots of hospital volunteering, currently shadowing a D.O., and will be working as a medical scribe this year. 512 MCAT (127/130/127/128).

I am a Pennsylvania resident so PCOM and ECOM are my first choices.

Any help/advice is appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to stay in or near PA, choose your schools accordingly... your MCAT should get you multiple interviews. And as long as you don't bomb the interview, you're golden

Assuming you have job shadowing and some volunteering hours of course

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am looking for some advice on which D.O. schools I should apply to.

Stats: 3.4 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA (strong upward trend), lots of hospital volunteering, currently shadowing a D.O., and will be working as a medical scribe this year. 512 MCAT (127/130/127/128).

I am a Pennsylvania resident so PCOM and ECOM are my first choices.

Any help/advice is appreciated :)
VCOM (all three)
NYITCOM
ACOM
KCOM
UIW
ARCOM
UNECOM
MUCOM
LMU
Wm Carey
RVU-UT
NYITCOM-AR

VCOM (all three)
NYITCOM
ACOM
KCOM
UIW
ARCOM
UNECOM
MUCOM
LMU
Wm Carey
RVU-UT
NYITCOM-AR
Do you think I have a shot at PCOM? If i need to leave the area I will, just would prefer to be in Philadelphia

I believe their minimum sGPA is 3.25. Check their website
It doesn't look like there is a GPA minimum " Our committee members look not only at grades and test scores when evaluating applications, but also read the entire application as submitted by the applicant, along with the letters of recommendation and personal statements. There are no cutoffs or minimums. " (from their site). I just hope my GPA isn't too low for consideration

It doesn't look like there is a GPA minimum " Our committee members look not only at grades and test scores when evaluating applications, but also read the entire application as submitted by the applicant, along with the letters of recommendation and personal statements. There are no cutoffs or minimums. " (from their site). I just hope my GPA isn't too low for consideration
Did you notice this? See page 2

Edit: http://www.pcom.edu/admissions/apply/forms/PreMedGuide-2017.pdf

I see the 3.4 sGPA average but not anything about a 3.25 minimum. Is being below the average really bad here?
I interpret the PDF as being poorly written, and thatthier use of GPA average is a redundancy. I believe that they should have written GPA. Note that the word Requirements is at the very top of the column?

Best to inquire with the PCOM admissions dean, or in the school-specific thread.

I see the 3.4 sGPA average but not anything about a 3.25 minimum. Is being below the average really bad here?

Yea you could email them.. PCOM just gets saturated with apps man.. but they do seem to really take the whole applicant into account so I wouldn't be so down on your sGPA not being as high as it could be.