Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limitless12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I am interested in podiatry school and I recently got my MCAT score back. I scored a 501 (C/P 128) (CARS 118) (B/B 129) (P/S 126). I have no idea what the hell happened with CARS.. My overall GPA is a 3.75 and sGPA is about 3.67. Keep in mind that I received an A in both my english classes, so it is not an english deficiency problem. I do have good ECs and shadowing. My question is how bad will this 118 hurt me?

Members don't see this ad.

How were you doing on your practice tests?

My gut feeling is to apply since a 501 is a great MCAT score for Podiatry, and your GPAs are also excellent. There was someone who got into Barry with a 13 MCAT a couple years back.

Do you have any clue as to what might have gone wrong? If you do then explain it in your interviews and youll be fine.

Contact the schools you're interested in and see what they say!

Members don't see this ad :)
My gut is also to apply. You may be asked about it, but your GPAs are great and your MCAT is overall solid minus that section. My hunch is you'd get interviews but if you're uncertain I'd call first schools to find out.

You're fine.

Just make sure podiatry school is what you want to do. It will not be a replacement for an MD/DO program.

You have the stats to do well in this program. The question is do you want an MD / DO or a DPM? Don't use it as a cop out.