Need advice. Wait a year or apply this fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abudara

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Kind of torn on what to do regarding applications

I just graduated with my BS in kinesiology and have been planning on applying this fall to PT schools.

My current stats are
3.45 cumulative GPA, 3.6 GPA last 60 units. 3.2-3.45 prereq gpa depending on school

Hours: 1000+ outpatient (worked as a PT aide), 20 inpatient (snf), trying to gain another 20 inpatient in an acute setting

Gre: going to take it for the first time next month. Scored 294 on ets practice test without any studying a couple weeks ago. Pretty confident I can get to 300+ combined with studying.

I'm not applying to the best of schools, I'm planning on applying to 8+ schools that fit my gpa realistically (midwestern, touro, st Augustine, etc). But if I retake a couple prereq classes I'm confident I can get my Prereq GPA significantly higher

I'm just unsure what to do. My plan right now is to just apply this fall, and if I don't get in I'll do what I need to to make my app next year stronger.

Any advice would be appreciated. What would you guys do in the next couple of months if you were in my position

Members don't see this ad.

APPLY this year! Don't wait. what's the worse that's gonna happen? wait till next year? BUT you might have a chance to get in this year. My advice, apply EARLY because the application 'processing' [sending transcripts/waiting for PTCAS to reply] could take a while.

Don't waste time.. apply this year. Acceptances are such a blind shot at a dart board that you never know how you'll do. I recommend sending your transcripts to PTCAS the day/a couple days before it opens.. they almost immediately get added to your account and makes the turn around time fast when you finally submit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd agree that it's best to just go ahead and apply this year; other than the time invested and cost of applications (if any), what's there to lose?

Reactions: 1 user