NDEB EQUIVALENCY PROCESS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student2219

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I want to start the NDEB equivalency process in Canada and I've just graduated in Spain. I was wondering, is there anyone that is in the same boat as me and would like to study with me? I have so many questions and really need some help. Please let me know :)

Members don't see this ad.

He
Hey, I want to start the NDEB equivalency process in Canada and I've just graduated in Spain. I was wondering, is there anyone that is in the same boat as me and would like to study with me? I have so many questions and really need some help. Please let me know :)
Hii! I am MDS Pedodontics from India.. planning to shift to Canada..I hv gone through the ndeb.ca website..if any one hs completed the equivalency process and got licensure could guide abt the same..it would be of great help...Thanks

Hi,

I am also starting NDEB equivalency process to move to Canada and aiming for AFK, Feb 2017. Anyone else preparing for the same exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys! i am already preparing for the exam ! infact going to appear in august 16 :) wish me luck!! any help needed kindly message me :)

I am also starting NDEB equivalency process to move to Canada and aiming for AFK, Feb 2017. Anyone else preparing for the same exam.[/QUOTE]

Hello ! yes there are alot of reading materials suggested by NDEB i would recommend going through the decks thoroughly and read the Mosby review book!! After doing these atleast 3 times do all the repeated questions!! also related articles on the internet for research of a particular topic having proper citation and from good journals are the best.hope it helped.!

Hey, I'm also going to begin the process and hoping I can appear for the exam in Feb 2017

I need a partner also

hi :) I'm gonna be in toronto from october preparing for 2017 feb afk and would like a study buddy :) are you gonna be enrolled in any review centers for the exam? [email protected]

hi :) I'm gonna be in toronto from october preparing for 2017 feb afk and would like a study buddy :) are you gonna be enrolled in any review centers for the exam? [email protected]
Hey, I'm not in Toronto right now.
Which books are you preparing from?

Hi guys. i too am looking to sit the ndeb afk, possibly in august 2017. but I'm unsure of where to begin. I've been trying to work past papers and i'm currently revising from the oxford handbooks for clinical dentistry and applied dental sciences. But i definitely need some guidance and a study partner or I wont be ready in time. Could anyone who has taken the exam before or knows someone who did give me some sort of tips/ direction

Hi, I am planning for AFK AUG 2017 and I want to know that if coaching to clear AFK is mandatory? How can you prep on your own since I am not currently in Canada and I am not too sure about the classes with Skype sessions . Also please guide about the material. Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I am planning for AFK AUG 2017 and I want to know that if coaching to clear AFK is mandatory? How can you prep on your own since I am not currently in Canada and I am not too sure about the classes with Skype sessions . Also please guide about the material. Thank you!!!
hi,i am saskatoon,n want t prepare for aug 17 ndeb. i need guidence about the material to read .n also need study partner.

hi,i am saskatoon,n want t prepare for aug 17 ndeb. i need guidence about the material to read .n also need study partner

Members don't see this ad :)
i am from india and i have done my bds, can anyone guide me is doing a dds better or is the msd course from university of washington a better catch? would the msd course help me practise dentistry?

Hi, I am also planning to write AKF in Aug 2017. Looking for a study partner to stay motivated and also discuss questions/querries. Please let me know if anyone is interested. TIA

I also found out about these online classes but really not sure about it. Since it's very expensive so not sure if it'll be worth it.. Planning to write AFK in Aug2017 as well and looking for a study partner/helper to stay motivated throughout the course.

I also found out about these online classes but really not sure about it. Since it's very expensive so not sure if it'll be worth it.. Planning to write AFK in Aug2017 as well and looking for a study partner/helper to stay motivated throughout the course.
Hi even I am looking for study partner.. I am based in India.. what about u.. let me know if u are interested.. even m not joining any online courses but planning for AFK 2017

Hi im a periodontist from india keen on appearing for exam in august. Could u guide me through all the study material required

Hi guys. i too am looking to sit the ndeb afk, possibly in august 2017. but I'm unsure of where to begin. I've been trying to work past papers and i'm currently revising from the oxford handbooks for clinical dentistry and applied dental sciences. But i definitely need some guidance and a study partner or I wont be ready in time. Could anyone who has taken the exam before or knows someone who did give me some sort of tips/ direction
hey! I am a dentist from the UK and I am planning on also taking the AFK in august. I currently live in Toronto so let me know if youre still looking for a study buddy.

Does anybody know anyone who has gone through the program? I'm a bit confused about the licencing process.

The website says that there are two pathways, passing the exam or doing a 2 year training program in a Canadian university. Is it enough to pass the exams, board exams, to get licensed? If so then why the option of going back to school? Also the site says "Passage of NDEB exams don't guarantee certification. What does that mean?

It says a work permit is required for licensure for this election who aren't citizens or permenany residents. What is that process like? Is it required to get a job placement first to apply for a work permit? Are Foreign trained dentist hired with ease in Canada?

And how many times are we allowed to take these exams if for whatever reason one doesn't pass the first time?

Any information will be great! Thank you.

Hi, I live in Montreal , preparing for aug 2017 AFK Exam ,would like to work with a study groupe to do first 100 AFK Released 2017 .
I failed in Feb 2013 with score 69.
This is my 2ed time out of 3.
If anyone interested I have study material up to feb 2013 only.
Here is my email [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

ImageUploadedBySDN1487777482.215842.jpg

Hi guys , anybody could know these company if there serious and trusted .
Please advice

Hey Guys! i am already preparing for the exam ! infact going to appear in august 16 :) wish me luck!! any help needed kindly message me :)
Hi ,
I want to take AKF in feb next year and i have no clue about what to study. It would be great help if u can let me know about the study material and other guidelines as well.

Thanxx

View attachment 215184
Hi guys , anybody could know these company if there serious and trusted .
Please advice

Hi Dr. Aladin ,
Yes you can trust this company, this is a well known academy in delhi (india) for various exam preparations. But yes, its expensive. They charge alot.

Last edited:
Thanks dr
He sent to me some q sample but
From Released .
I'm not sure if I'll buy from them.
It's too expensive.
And online ,,,, noooo .

Good luck

Hello ,
Any dr want to creat study groupe in MONTREAL.
For August 2017 AFK ,
Prep.. Centres asking too much .
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hi im a periodontist from india keen on appearing for exam in august. Could u guide me through all the study material required

Hi I have study material Dr ,
Contact me : [email protected]

But I would need you help to explain some of the weird questions,if you agree ok,

Thanks

Does anybody know anyone who has gone through the program? I'm a bit confused about the licencing process.

The website says that there are two pathways, passing the exam or doing a 2 year training program in a Canadian university. Is it enough to pass the exams, board exams, to get licensed? If so then why the option of going back to school? Also the site says "Passage of NDEB exams don't guarantee certification. What does that mean?

It says a work permit is required for licensure for this election who aren't citizens or permenany residents. What is that process like? Is it required to get a job placement first to apply for a work permit? Are Foreign trained dentist hired with ease in Canada?

And how many times are we allowed to take these exams if for whatever reason one doesn't pass the first time?

hey, you can give the exams thrice.

Is anyone aware of somebody who cleared through the equivalency process and is/was practicing in Canada ?

1. The NDEB offers equivalency via 2 methods: either enter 3rd yr of DDS in a dental school (after passing AFL exam) or give all three exams (AFK, ACJ, ACS).
some people would perhaps prefer to study to get equivalency especially younger candidates. However this option is quite expensive.
The second option allows you to continue working (gotta earn a livelihood) while you complete all exams. Exams are also the cheaper route.
2. You are allowed 3 attempts at each of the three exams.
3. As far as I know, you can give AFK without PR VISA. But you need to be a citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to give ACJ, ACS.

4. After the passage of the three exams , you need to sit for NDEB board exam - written & OSCE - On clearing this, you will get NDEB certificate. With this, you need to apply to your province for licensure. provinces require you to give a test on their ethics and jurisprudence laws (province usually provides material for this) - after this you will be licensed to practice dentistry in that particular province.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
hi,i am saskatoon,n want t prepare for aug 17 ndeb. i need guidence about the material to read .n also need study partner
Hi, Can I just ask you how do you like Saskatoon ?
In your opinion, are there good opportunities for aspiring dentists in Stoon?
Im awaiting PR VISA and wondering how to decide which city is appropriate to go to in the beginning.

Thanks. Sorry for being off-topic.

I am also starting NDEB equivalency process to move to Canada and aiming for AFK, Feb 2017. Anyone else preparing for the same exam.

Hello ! yes there are alot of reading materials suggested by NDEB i would recommend going through the decks thoroughly and read the Mosby review book!! After doing these atleast 3 times do all the repeated questions!! also related articles on the internet for research of a particular topic having proper citation and from good journals are the best.hope it helped.![/QUOTE]

Hi,
Where can one acquire these review books and decks from?

hi,i am saskatoon,n want t prepare for aug 17 ndeb. i need guidence about the material to read .n also need study partner.
hi i am in surrey and looking for study partner. i am planning to write exam in aug 2017

hi i am in surrey and looking for study partner. i am planning to write exam in aug 2017
Hii I too am planning to give afk. Where are u located.. Do you have the study material with u.. I too wanna join

Hi even I am looking for study partner.. I am based in India.. what about u.. let me know if u are interested.. even m not joining any online courses but planning for AFK 2017
I too wanna join... Can anyone help me in getting the study material

Im awaiting PR VISA and wondering how to decide which city is appropriate to go to in the beginning.

hi i just recently migrated here, nt much info abt it, but for this is a small city so not much oppurtunities here. i would suggest u move to some big city, u will more exposure there, even like to prepare for acs n acj there is no centre here.

Any downloadable or online Q&A for AFK ??
Any leads would be appreciated.

anyone preparing for the 2018 afk exam??????????

hi i just recently migrated here, nt much info abt it, but for this is a small city so not much oppurtunities here. i would suggest u move to some big city, u will more exposure there, even like to prepare for acs n acj there is no centre here.

Hi sandhu, are you still in Saskatoon. I am in Saskatoon and planning to give AFK IN 2018. Please let me know, I would love to get in contact with you and get some help. Thanks

Hi sandhu, are you still in Saskatoon. I am in Saskatoon and planning to give AFK IN 2018. Please let me know, I would love to get in contact with you and get some help. Thanks
If you like to join our whatsapp group plz let me know,we are gonna planning to appear for afk in 2018 as well,if interested message me your contact details

Hello ! yes there are alot of reading materials suggested by NDEB i would recommend going through the decks thoroughly and read the Mosby review book!! After doing these atleast 3 times do all the repeated questions!! also related articles on the internet for research of a particular topic having proper citation and from good journals are the best.hope it helped.![/QUOTE]
Hi,
could you please guide me on getting the dental decks and Mosby review book. like where can i find these two.

Is it hard to obtain a PR visa in order to get the remaining exam? What are the requirements for this visa? Does anyone know?

I would like some advises about the studying material for the NDEB process. For example I got the dental decks 1 and 2 from their website is that ok?
Also i still have plenty of time and i want to start studying on my own at least for the first part AFK. Do I need an English test like IELTS or TOEFl to start the process for NDEB? Do u have any suggestion? I will really appreciate it. Thanks