NDEB clinical judgement 2013 discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cdds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying for the clinical judgement NDEB 2013 whoever wants to join in pls do so.

Members don't see this ad.

I will start with the drug dosages. Correct me if i write anything wrong.
Penicillin 300-600 mg qid
Amoxicillin 250-500 mg tid
Tetracycline 250-500 mg tid
Metronidazole 250-500 mg tid
Cephalexin 250-500mg qid
Clarithromycin 300-600 mg tid
Doxycycline. 100-200 mg bd
Erythromycin 250-500 mg qid
Qid -4 times a day
Tid - 3 times a day
Bd- 2 times a day.

Antibiotic dosage
Penicillin V 300-600 mg qid
Tetracycline 250-500 mg qid
Cephalexin 250-500 mg qid
Doxycycline 100-200 mg bd

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess no one else wants to comment here so I am posting the doses for painkillers and their max daily dose.
Aspirin max dose 4000 mg
Acetaminophen max dose 4000 mg
Ibuprofen. Max dose 2400 mg
Naproxen 1375 max dose

Acetaminophen 600-1000 mg
Aspirin 325-1000 mg
Ibuprofen 400mg
Ketoralac 10 mg
Codeine 30-60 mg
Meperidine 100mg
Naproxen 275

I guess no one wants to reply to this ....can anyone please let me knoe if these doses are ok or not ??

I would like to appreciate this member who has taken an effort to put down all drugs with dosages and simplified the task for many members. Hope you pass you exam and keep up this knowledge sharing stamina. Hats off to you! I have checked these and you are all correct.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I will start with the drug dosages. Correct me if i write anything wrong.
Penicillin 300-600 mg qid
Tetracycline 250-500 mg tid
Cephalexin 250-500mg qid
Clarithromycin 300-600 mg tid
Doxycycline. 100-200 mg bd
Qid -4 times a day
Tid - 3 times a day
Bd- 2 times a day.

thanks for keeping this thread alive, lets post anything relevant to the exam over here.
lets start we will discuss the contraindications for specific drugs.
Contraindication/Interactions:
1- Tetracycline /doxycycline not to be given to children .
2- Only Penicillin can be given to kidney patients the rest of the anti biotics are conraindicated.
3- Pregnancy best antibiotic is Penicillin V
4- Aspirin /Ibuprofen or NSAIDS not ot be given in asthmatics,polyps ,allergies
5- NSAIDS can interact with BP medications so can aspirin.
6-If allergic to codeine then meperidine can be given
7-Blood disorders Aspirin and ibuprofen not given.only acetaminophen.

micotahh lets discuss things here .....you can post any questions you have regarding the exam.I took it this year first time did not pass got 64 .

Members don't see this ad :)
We can go over some ortho cases step by step ,we can even discuss strategies for radiographic interpretations

The exam has 6 case studies altogethet.one about ortho,one for a child and 4 from adults.out of the 4 adults 2-3 would have some medical complication.

Ok anyone answer this question how would overinstrumentation of an endo tooth appear on radiographs ?

I was told by someone today both gow gates and akinosi technique is used for failed inf alv block.

Don't stress over the minor details of the questions. Many of the small details you see in the released questions are formatted and appear alot more clear on the exam. Just try and catch the broad concepts!

I'd be happy to help anyone who does not have the released questions. Send me an email [email protected] and i'll forward them over. Thanks for your time.

I am thinking of taking the clinical judgment and clinical skills course at the University of Toronto. Does anybody have experience with the courses? Are they worth the money?

i would think they are ,you do have to understand that there is no sureshot formula to passing these exams .It is what the individuals take out of these courses.

Don't stress over the minor details of the questions. Many of the small details you see in the released questions are formatted and appear alot more clear on the exam. Just try and catch the broad concepts!

I'd be happy to help anyone who does not have the released questions. Send me an email [email protected] and i'll forward them over. Thanks for your time.

hi,,i would like to have those answered questions please..this is my email: [email protected]
thanks

1. Bactericidal antibiotics NOT use with bacteriostatic antibiotics
2. Tetracyclines not to be use together with food/drug products with divalent or trivalent cations.
3.Metronidazole cannot be use with alcohol drinking.
4.Metronidazole cannot be use in patient taking lithium (for manic depression).
5. Possible lithium toxicity exists when taken with tetracyclines.
6.Erythromycin, tetracyclines, clarithromycins not to be use for patients taking digoxins (anti arrythmia)
7. Tetracyclines or broad spectrums antibiotics can enhance anticougalants( warfarin, dicoumarol, anisitidine). - destroys gut flora that are involve in Vit K production.
8.erythormycin, clarithromycin, metronidazole enhances anticoagulant effects of warfarin, dicoumarol, and anisitidine. - blockades of the cytochrome p-450 system.
9. erythromycin, ketoconazoles, clarithromycin cause fatal heart failure when use with non-sedating anithistamine (terfenadine or astemizole) - inhibition of Cytochrome-P450 isoenzymes.
10.Antibiotics can decrease the contraceptive effect of oral estrogens.

Hi
Why did you stop posting? are you going to continue studying on this forum or not, I want to join you.

hello there.. I need an accomodation in toronto or near toronto. I dont live in canada now . I plan to give clinical skills and judgement in june 2013. how do i search for n acoomodation ? i need it from march 2013....

I do not even know why we are studying so hard for the AFK exam. There are like 900 people now passing the boards per year. This is due to NDEB recognizing so many foreign schools such as Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. I have met some dentists from Australia here in Edmonton and they told me that there is massive unemployment in Australia for dentists so they are now flooding Canada. The Australia dentists seem very rude as well. Maybe we should just study hard for the US exams instead.

hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all :))

hey frnds, i'm sellimg out all my exam stuffs.. ACJ books , compressor , unit, mounting pole, handpiece high and slow, RD kit , loupes and other materials.. i live in scarborogh (toronto) if anyone is interested pls inbox me... gud luck to all :))

I am living in toronto, and interested in your dental stuff, contact me please. [email protected]

Hi ddssmile,
Am interested in buying the compressor, unit mounting and rd kit . my email - [email protected]. pls email me with the price quotes .

cheers

hi kelantan,
pls give ur correct email id. itried emailing u but not possible. I need material for judgement 2013 exam..

cheers

can anyone help out with the reference books for Clinical Judgment exams. What are the books to study for sure.

Regards

I came across conflicting reviews about Scammon's growth curve. Don't know what the right answer.

Mandibular growth follows: genital tissues or general body growth?
Decks indicate that mandibular growth follows genital tissues where as mosby says general body growth.
Anybody has a clear understanding of this subject, please help!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Guys! I attend this school TCCDS and they are offering some great courses. I'm right now attending the AFK Marathon course and then going to write the final exam in 2014 Feb. They have a Mock Exam to write also at the school that I am thinking of enrolling into since there is not many seats left. I found out that after I'm done my AFK and Pass it with flying colors I hope then enroll myself into there ACJ Course. It's 5 days and includes a Mock Exam too!

Attachments

• ACJ Course AD.jpg
    ACJ Course AD.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 46
Hi. I scored 79% in clinical judgement exam in 2013. I have the entire study material required to clear the exam. the ndeb answers are solved according to the protocol on ndeb website. I have soft copies of books needed for CJ too.
Please contact me at [email protected] if interested.