NBME Pharm Shelf in a week, what do I do?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AthleteDoc7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm in desperate need of help. I have the pharm NBME exam in a little over a week, and I realized how much I truly don't remember today. I've honored the course all year with high 90s on exams, but it must've all been short term memory because I remember nothing, hence the anxiety.

I have only a few hours a day to dedicate to pharm (given I also have the path NBME the same week, reviewing pathoma), so which study plan do I go with?! All advice welcome!

*Plan A: I tried to do sketchy pharm over spring break to avoid this panic. I did about 75% of sketchy pharm (first pass) and very little seems to have stuck. Should I finish sketchy pharm and just try reviewing the images in the days leading up and hope it sticks? Worried it won't and I'll be screwed.

*Plan B: I used anki cards for class all year and crushed class, but I mostly crammed it I guess because I don't remember anything. I have an anki deck of 1600 cards from First Aid. Should I just scrap sketchy and read the FA pages then cram these anki cards each night? Wish I would've just done this instead over spring break instead of trying sketchy (huge regret), but everyone made sketchy sound great (it was amazing for me with micro so I tried it). Maybe I just need more time/passes with sketchy and it'll work like micro did?

*Plan C: Some kind of mixture of the two? Something entirely different? HELP! thanks everyone for advice

Members don't see this ad.

I would study what you plan to use for future Step 1 pharm studying. Sketchy pharm sounds like your best bet.

Reactions: 1 users
I would study what you plan to use for future Step 1 pharm studying. Sketchy pharm sounds like your best bet.

that's the thing, i'm now torn on what to even use for pharm during dedicated (i.e. just hit the anki cards daily with FA or try to stick it out with sketchy, or both). not feeling super confident with sketchy now, but not sure if it's just because I didn't give it enough time.

Members don't see this ad :)
So i'm in desperate need of help. I have the pharm NBME exam in a little over a week, and I realized how much I truly don't remember today. I've honored the course all year with high 90s on exams, but it must've all been short term memory because I remember nothing, hence the anxiety.

I have only a few hours a day to dedicate to pharm (given I also have the path NBME the same week, reviewing pathoma), so which study plan do I go with?! All advice welcome!

*Plan A: I tried to do sketchy pharm over spring break to avoid this panic. I did about 75% of sketchy pharm (first pass) and very little seems to have stuck. Should I finish sketchy pharm and just try reviewing the images in the days leading up and hope it sticks? Worried it won't and I'll be screwed.

*Plan B: I used anki cards for class all year and crushed class, but I mostly crammed it I guess because I don't remember anything. I have an anki deck of 1600 cards from First Aid. Should I just scrap sketchy and read the FA pages then cram these anki cards each night? Wish I would've just done this instead over spring break instead of trying sketchy (huge regret), but everyone made sketchy sound great (it was amazing for me with micro so I tried it). Maybe I just need more time/passes with sketchy and it'll work like micro did?

*Plan C: Some kind of mixture of the two? Something entirely different? HELP! thanks everyone for advice

Personally, I think sketchy pharm is horrible in the short term, but great in the long term.

The pharm videos range from horrific to amazing, but even the best ones take several passes to make stick and they are absurdly long. If you had all year and could space them out, I think sketchypharm gets the job done quite well (for exams and step). If you need to cram and don't have time for multiple passes, I don't think it's a great resource. But hey, if there isn't a better alternative do you really have a choice?

Personally, I think sketchy pharm is horrible in the short term, but great in the long term.

The pharm videos range from horrific to amazing, but even the best ones take several passes to make stick and they are absurdly long. If you had all year and could space them out, I think sketchypharm gets the job done quite well (for exams and step). If you need to cram and don't have time for multiple passes, I don't think it's a great resource. But hey, if there isn't a better alternative do you really have a choice?

yeah, really kicking myself for not using it all year. may still use it during dedicated, but now that I have a week to cram idk if my time would be better spent on just FA and anki cards.

so i ended up sticking to sketchy pharm, and it was great once i committed to it. amazing for step 1 also. highly recommend committing to it if you're on the fence and have time. use it all year!

Reactions: 1 user