NBDE Part 1 Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRKDDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, All!

I took my NBDE Part 1 on the 5th of January, and my results were posted today (by results, I mean the test went from "In Process" to "Completed" in my account, and when I scrolled down, it said "Pass"). I passed! Woo!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that a good handful of my classmates have taken their boards by now, and in most cases the results have been released in about 13-15 days. So to those out there waiting in angst to hear about your boards, your time is almost at hand!

As a side note, which I will be posting on another thread, I will sell my Dental Decks ('15-'16 edition) to anyone looking!

[EDIT] The Decks have been sold! I'm sorry to those who reached out a bit later about purchasing them. Best of luck studying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@drsiddiqui.h , I used a number of materials.

My number one material was the Dental Decks. I went through these quickly once to get acquainted with them. I then went through them a second time, much slower, really reading the back of the cards and focusing on the areas I didn't know well.

Secondly, I used the First Aid book for NBDE Part 1. This had a lot of mnemonics that helped me get through tough areas. It isn't very in-depth, but more of a Cliff Notes version of the different areas, hitting high-yield areas.

Thirdly, I used YouTube videos for the areas I struggled in most, which were Microbiology and Biochemistry. I HIGHLY suggest Pass the Dental Boards (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbFkz1rgQUG7radni0iXCbQ). The guy who does the videos covers a ton of topics, is very succinct and to the point, and helped me a lot. There were probably 10 questions I was able to answer because of these videos.

Fourthly, I used the DBM app, which has about 1300 old questions which you can mark as "Don't Know", "Somewhat Know", or "Know", and continue to review based on those areas you know you are questionable in.

Finally, something I really actually enjoyed, is that my school made us take, and pass Mock Boards before we were able to register for the boards. We then received our results, showing which areas we needed to work on.

Ultimately, I'd say to use the Decks in detail. This will not only give you a lot of information you need to know, but give you ideas on which areas you need to focus on the most. Then, find other resources that help you the most in those weak areas. I would say to not try and rely on your strong points to get you through. For example, if you know you can usually average 85 on the Dental Anatomy section, but a 60 on the Microbiology, don't focus your time on studying more and more Dental Anatomy, but on Microbiology to strengthen the weak areas you may have.

Good luck in studying!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, All!

I took my NBDE Part 1 on the 5th of January, and my results were posted today (by results, I mean the test went from "In Process" to "Completed" in my account, and when I scrolled down, it said "Pass"). I passed! Woo!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that a good handful of my classmates have taken their boards by now, and in most cases the results have been released in about 13-15 days. So to those out there waiting in angst to hear about your boards, your time is almost at hand!

As a side note, which I will be posting on another thread, I will sell my Dental Decks ('15-'16 edition) to anyone looking!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, All!

Hi, I am interested to buy dental decks , Plz let me know . plz reply me on [email protected]

how did you utiilize the first aid book? did you just read through and highlight? Then read again and tried memorizing? I"m going through first aid and I'm not retaining much even though i'm highlighting etc.

Hi, All
I appeared on 22nd January and today morning got the result. Thank God, it was done in the first attempt.