NBDE-2 Score thread and Experience.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitPat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why don't we start NBDE-2 score thread and the experience associated with the exam. Please feel free to jolt down your total part-2 preperation schedule and books used for the success , and share with everybody.
Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,all I failed Nbde 2 with 74 ,shud I apply for reevaluation, any chance of hopes,anyone with this same experience,plz give me some suggestions!and what is the passing mark for 600 for part 2 ,tnz

Hi,all I failed Nbde 2 with 74 ,shud I apply for reevaluation, any chance of hopes,anyone with this same experience,plz give me some suggestions!and what is the passing mark for 600 for part 2 ,tnz

hey, I just took mine, but was wondering what your raw about was for a 74%? This would be a huge help for people. Thanks. Goof luck on your next attempt

hey, I just took mine, but was wondering what your raw about was for a 74%? This would be a huge help for people. Thanks. Goof luck on your next attempt

I just took mine about 2 weeks ago and I didn't think it was bad at all... i'm hoping i don't jinks myself... but i thought part 2 was a lot easier than part 1. I praying that I pass so i don't have to retake it again!!

Good luck to everyone... we are almost there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out that I failed part 2 for the 3rd time(I got a 74 each time). I am not eligible for a license until I pass this exam. I'm graduated, have my diploma in hand, but was wondering what my options were in terms of employment for the next year while i bide my time, study for and wait to re-examine for the exam next year? Has anyone gone through this before that could shed some light on the options available to someone in my position. Any guidance to point me into a positive direction would be much appreciated.

Could I potentially apply to an AEGD without having passed Part 2 yet.

appeared for my part II on july 12-13
got my results a week back...passed... :) :D
as far as my experience wid part 2 is concerned...i dint find it dat bad...its easy enough to pass if u know your basics of clinics...and try to get used to reading the Xrays thoroughly....take all the time u myt need for it.

for those who want to just pass...i think decks n ASDA papers do a good job. after doing just those i was scoring a raw of approx 70% in my practice test papers. so i think that was enough to pass if u read ur questions n options carefully.

since i had d time n was too anxious to be satisfied with a 70% raw score, i went through my pharmacology text well, the tufts pharmac and the ethics booklet. also flipped pages for topics where i was going wrong...so it kinda helped me refresh my memory on those.

day 1 of xam was acceptable. i felt like a did as good as i was doing at the test papers atleast or maybe a little better. (remember we always have lots of repeats from previous yrs...make sure u solve a lot of papers)
day 2 was a little tough but not as tough as i was expecting it to be. thr are som specific lesions that are more commonly asked like herpes, ANUG, etc etc...u ll be able to mark them out when you go through old papers. obviously, stress on them n know them well.know the prophylactic regimens and precautions for the medically compromised patients...that very well gets you through most case related questions.
overall, the test is no demon...lik a lot of ppl say or pretend. it is definitely do-able...all u need is som quality time...i gave in just a month for prep thoroughly.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL...:)

Please suggest good Patient Management stuff .
Is there any changed format of Part 2 this year like part 1

Thanks

THanks for everyone's help on this forum, got results back from part II and I passed!! Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi rika123
did you give your exam part 2 as a student in the dental school here or even before you got into the school.

Hi Rika!

I have my part 2 in 2 weeks. It took me 3 months to study everything ONLY ONCE! I have done 5 sets of ASDA papers only. I am Very slow at studying and its taking me forever to revise what i studied. So far I have only been able to do Endo perio and oral surgery and still have ALL the rest left!

I am freaking out now as there is NO way Ill be able to revise everything in just 2 weeks. Please give me some tips on what to revise in the last 2 weeks. I also feel I have major attention deficit and cant focus on a topic for more then 2 hours... Please help! I am VERY worried!!! PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance

i have the decks for part 2 but not the latest ones. pm me if u want them.

I took my part II 3 month ago and failed with 72. I answered 300 questions right out of 500. I was wondering if anybody knows how many questions should I get right to pass. I took actually the exam on November8/9 and waiting for the result. Hope it goes well.

No idea ...how they mark the papers ...u c it comes 60 percent but u have been allotted 72 percent ..don't knw what s their criteria ...:( me too waitg for my result ..gave on14-15 ...:(

Sim sim and kevyan kar can you please share your exam days experience with us??? would greatly appreciate it.
Kevyan you have to get 375 questions correct in total to pass.

Well, 375 can't be correct. The national average is 360. I don't know if the average is above 75% or the same.

Study all the ASDA questions and any unreleased questions if you have any. Other than that study pharma very well. There are a lot of pharma questions. Oral path is also very important. I studied Mosby and the new Decks and went through all the ASDA questions.

Hey guys... I want to know about part 2 subjects from those who gave the exam or are preparing.... Please help...
I want to know which are the toughest or time requiring subjects to be prepared for this exam?
Which books to refer for those subjects?
Which books to read for overall preparation...?
Please help me with details of the preparation... Advice n suggest...

Well, 375 can't be correct. The national average is 360. I don't know if the average is above 75% or the same.
I also read somewhere on sdn ..person got 300 correct with 73 percentile ..don't knw what s the right no of ques they luk for 75 ... Hoe we get pass ..:xf::xf: :)

Thank you so much kevyan. I really appreciate your help.
from what I know u need to get 75% to pass and 375 out of 500 is 375. But if they score on a curve/ standard deviation...then yes results will differ on every lot they compare within. Good luck!

Study all the ASDA questions and any unreleased questions if you have any. Other than that study pharma very well. There are a lot of pharma questions. Oral path is also very important. I studied Mosby and the new Decks and went through all the ASDA questions.

Thank you so much kevyan. I really appreciate your help.
from what I know u need to get 75% to pass and 375 out of 500 is 375. But if they score on a curve/ standard deviation...then yes results will differ on every lot they compare within. Good luck!
You don't need 375 to pass. Last time I got 300 right and it was 72. Based on your argument, 300 divided by 500 will be 60%. So I should have gotten 60%. Am I right?
I guess it doesn't matter how many right. Most important thing is to pass.
Try to get as much as you can right to be safe. That is the key.

yes they score on a curve then..based on how many people answered corrrrectly in that particular test type.

I gave my part 1 in 2009 july and my score is 84. I applied to many universities i dint got in anywhere. Unfortunately due to some problems i was unable to give my part II, Now i am studying for part II and planning to give by Feb 2013 and apply for next cycle. Do you guys think i have a chance to get in after my Part II. Sincere advice please.

Thank you

No idea ...how they mark the papers ...u c it comes 60 percent but u have been allotted 72 percent ..don't knw what s their criteria ...:( me too waitg for my result ..gave on14-15 ...:(

Good Luck man...Hopefully we will be fine...I am so worried these days....
I think if we answer 65% of the questions right, we will pass. I called ADA and they couldn't tell me how they calculate the score. Just told me not to waste my time on that since it is too complicated :(. Usually the difference between the passing rate and the raw score is about 10. That is just my speculations;)

Good Luck man...Hopefully we will be fine...I am so worried these days....
I think if we answer 65% of the questions right, we will pass. I called ADA and they couldn't tell me how they calculate the score. Just told me not to waste my time on that since it is too complicated :(. Usually the difference between the passing rate and the raw score is about 10. That is just my speculations;)
Don't worry ...I guess our hardwork will show up ..have faith in god ......:):xf:

hey guys..
i had a question..
where to study pharmacology from?? i heard the decks and mosby r waste of time...
is tufts alone is enough to prepare pharmacology..???
plz help..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys..
i had a question..
where to study pharmacology from?? i heard the decks and mosby r waste of time...

Dental Decks, Mosby and a reference Book!!!! That is all you need. Do Not waste your time with tufts....It is old and useless!!!! Just my opinion!!!;)

hey guys..
i had a question..

Tufts is enough. Don't waste your time on decks or mosbys for pharmacology.

what are chances of re evaluation for part 2 exam, did any one ever passes after re eval?