Navy HPSP Signing Bonus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vt007xx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am awaiting commissioning for Navy HPSP and would like to know when the $20,000 signing bonus is provided. I heard that you don't receive it until school begins - is this true? It would be really nice to have the funds to help move to school this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

I am awaiting commissioning for Navy HPSP and would like to know when the $20,000 signing bonus is provided. I heard that you don't receive it until school begins - is this true? It would be really nice to have the funds to help move to school this summer.

You get your bonus soon after your benefit start date. Which for you will be once school starts.

I hope you have better luck with the Navy. I am Army and got commissioned in November and was supposed to start getting my money at the beginning of January...guess what? I havent gotten a penny yet because my paperwork is hung up at a civilians desk for approval. Thus, I am paying a $1000 dollars a month out of pocket to cover bills. SO Good luck!

Thanks so much for the information. One more quick question...let's say I go to ODS this June - when would I get paid for that annual training?