Navy HPSP. Frustrated with my recruiter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modeon038

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I first contacted my recuiter via email on late July this year. She asked me to send my

resume and transcript. I sent them the next day. I did not heard from her a week, so I

called. She'll going to check my status and call me back. I did not get anything from her

about three weeks. I called today, she said she'll going to check my status and contact

me next week. I'm really frustraed now. I did not even get a chance to see the application yet. Does the recuiter usually lags this much????:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I first contacted my recuiter via email on late July this year. She asked me to send my

resume and transcript. I sent them the next day. I did not heard from her a week, so I

called. She'll going to check my status and call me back. I did not get anything from her

about three weeks. I called today, she said she'll going to check my status and contact

me next week. I'm really frustraed now. I did not even get a chance to see the application yet. Does the recuiter usually lags this much????:confused:

What city and state are you in?

A buddy of mine got screwed by a recruiter because the recruiter didn't get all his things in on time. There were two health recruiting stations in my state and one was really on top of the game and the other wasn't. See if there's anyone near you can deal with if you think you will have problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from SD and joined the HPSP program two years ago. The Navy never even replied to my calls while the Air Force and Army called back right away. A year later the Navy contacted me to see if I was interested in looking into the HPSP program. The Navy recruiter in SD must not be very motivated.

This exact situation happened to me with the army. I got so fed up with my recruiter (total idiot btw) I called another health recruiter and explained my situation and my reason for wanting to switch recruiters. Turns out the guy I was telling all this information to was the person in charge of overseeing multiple stations, one of which included my incompetent recruiter. Needless to say, I got an angry phone call from my old recruiter and my application was filed with a new recruiter at lightning fast speed!

hope this helps!

Yeah my Army recruiter was pretty involved for the first couple weeks until he found out I had a disqualifying attribute on my application. Told me he would send it into MEPS to see if they would still let me take my physical. Called him a month later and he said they wouldn't. Went to my Navy recruiter and he looked into it and the Army guy never submitted anything to MEPS. My Navy recruiter told me exactly what I needed to do to make it happen and a few weeks later I was in MEPS and passed my physical. My Navy recruiter has since retired and his office manager is now in charge of my application and is also doing an excellent job of making sure everything is in and asks me all the time to tell him when I am ready to submit. Sometimes things just work out a certain way for a reason and I tend not to question them.

Reactions: 1 user
How long after you completed MEPS did you come back from your board review? I completed MEPS in November and it is now April and I still have not come back from board review. I am a Navy applicant. I have called my recruiter every month and he keeps saying the same thing, you are just pending board review.

How long after you completed MEPS did you come back from your board review? I completed MEPS in November and it is now April and I still have not come back from board review. I am a Navy applicant. I have called my recruiter every month and he keeps saying the same thing, you are just pending board review.

I did my MEPS physical in the summer and my recruiter sent my paperwork out sometime in December for the early January board review. I wanna say they told me in February or early March that I officially got it. It takes time to get all the paperwork together and stuff, so it depends on when he actually submitted it. Could be a month from when he did til it got to the board and then another month or month and a half til you find out their decision. Just keep calling i guess.