Navy Bonus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jfitzpat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is posted over in the medical forum, but I thought I would post it over here for those that don't look over there.

The Navy is now offering a 20k signing bonus for all of this years 4 year HPSP recipients. I have seen the paperwork so I know that it's legit. Pretty good deal considering I was going to take it anyways.

Members don't see this ad.

This is true because the recruiter called me today with this news. I was going to take it myself anyway. This is great news.

do you know if there is any way to use this fact to try and get a bonus out of the army?

I don't know, but I doubt it. The branches pretty much operate with independent budgets. With the Army and the Marines bearing much of the burden of the war, it will be more difficult to get funding for something like this. The Iraq war is costing 3 billion a week at this writing.

Maybe the Army will come around and do something, but I have always found it interesting that only the Navy has the hscp program, and the other services don't.