Native American with lower GPA- looking to make a school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1234567890

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
California Native American student :
cc GPA - 3.48
UC GPA - 2.8
Post bac GPA - 3.6
MCAT 500
400+ hours clinical work
500+ hours commitment to American Indian services (reservation outreach, Native youth conference coordination, and child tutoring)
170 hours research
and various club memberships (at least 5) that are mostly sports centered

Chances? School list possibilities? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What are your cumulative and science GPAs?

Edit: Do you have any shadowing hours?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CGPA is 3.3 sGPA is 3.0 with around 100 shadowing hours
How many credit hours are included in that postbacc GPA of yours?

I think it's great that you have dedicated service and commitment to American Indians; many people try and benefit from being like 1/4 or 1/8 and have never even associated with that part of "their heritage."

Even with your URM status, I think it would be good to include a list of both MD and DO schools. Definitely make a "what are my chances" thread amd tag Goro, Faha, Gyngyn, etc. They will be more than willing to help you with a list. I personally think with a good list and well written essays you could be successful in gaining admission (even with MD).

Make sure to include all relevant information like amount of hours shadowing, etc.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
How many credit hours are included in that postbacc GPA of yours?

I think it's great that you have dedicated service and commitment to American Indians; many people try and benefit from being like 1/4 or 1/8 and have never even associated with that part of "their heritage."

Even with your URM status, I think it would be good to include a list of both MD and DO schools. Definitely make a "what are my chances" thread amd tag Goro, Faha, Gyngyn, etc. They will be more than willing to help you with a list. I personally think with a good list and well written essays you could be successful in gaining admission (even with MD).

Make sure to include all relevant information like amount of hours shadowing, etc.

Best of luck!
Okay will move to WAMC thread and tag them, thank you.

Be aware that many schools will ask you to provide a tribal ID card if you are claiming Native American status.

Reactions: 1 user