National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) certification | CMEList.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) certification | CMEList.com

National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) certification
Credit hours...12.0.
CME Credits CME Credits Awarded by....Oakstone Publishing LLC
Cost...........$495.
Instruction Type...Slide-Video Lectures.
Format...Video DVD or Video MP4.
Target Audience...All physicians and other providers who intend to become certified medical examiners of drivers of heavy equipment.

The NRCME Plus+ Training System will prepare you to take the Federal Examination for DOT (Department of Transportation) Certification.
The course consists of these modules:
• A pretest to allow you to evaluate your base level of knowledge.
• Comprehensive introduction to the National Registry program.
• Hearing module; Vision module; Respiratory module; Neurological module; Hypertension module; Five comprehensive cardiovascular modules; Psychological module; Medication modules. (2); Vascular disease module; Diabetes module; Musculoskeletal module.
• Each module has a post evaluation quiz.
• Final exam of 40 questions covering learned material. Once all modules and exam have been completed, a certificate is awarded and you become eligible to take the DOT Examination.

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the NRCME, and passed! It wasn't as hard as the boards, but you definitely need to study for it.

Per a colleague's recommendation, I used the Two-Page Cheat Sheet, Exam Walk Through, and Practice Question PDFs along with audio files from DSG (which stands for DOT Study Guide). I originally did a course similar to Oakstone, but it was extremely dry and tedious, and I felt like I needed something else before actually taking the test. The DSG stuff was a lot more focused, just simple and straight-forward, and no doubt it helped me pass without any problems. And they are really affordable for all they provide. My colleague used a discount code when he bought their stuff a few weeks ago, and it still worked for me! I got 25% off using the code "dsg25". Not sure if it'll expire soon, so remember to try it during check-out. I think it even works on the CME products they sell, so that'd be a nice deal.

Some of the highest value from these review courses (Oakstone, DSG, etc) is the material you get to keep and use as you work clinically, such as doing DOT physicals. The DSG material will be great for quick reference for me when I get stuck. So, if you're looking for solid review material without paying a ton, check them out at The DSG (DOT Study Guide) Team

Good luck!