National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) - Fundamental Knowledge Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

anyone knows if Canadian fundamental knowledge test contains general anatomical science questions or only maxillofacial area questions?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
i am a female dentist from Edmonton looking for a serious female study partner for afk 2013 in canada.if any one is interested to study via skype plz email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hi.. im giving the AFK exam in feb 2013. does anybody have the answers to the 2012 released questions? Anybody giving the exam in ottawa?

Hi almyla.. how is your prep going on? I'm trying to solve the released 2012 questions. It is taking so much time to find the answers to everything! :(

Hi, I m planning ti set for the exam in 2014 too. what references do you use to study??

Hi.. I am planning the dental decks+ nbde released Qs from the website? How about you?
Did you already book for 2014?

Hi guys,,,I'm planning to sit for AFK in 2013 in Montreal ...do u recommend mosby review for ndbe,,does it have answered questions,,and where do I get answers for the released questions,, and I heard that the exam is mainly clinical ,,I'm thinking of skipping basic sciences , since there is not much time left,,what do u guys think? I need advice,,,,,,

Hi guys,,,I'm planning to sit for AFK in 2013 in Montreal ...do u recommend mosby review for ndbe,,does it have answered questions,,and where do I get answers for the released questions,, and I heard that the exam is mainly clinical ,,I'm thinking of skipping basic sciences , since there is not much time left,,what do u guys think? I need advice,,,,,,

Mosby review is good. It has good amount of information. You will have to look for the answers to the released questions yourself.. I haven't found anybody who has the answers. I wouldn't advice skipping the basic sciences completely.. its 20% of the exam. Skim through it.. maybe the mosby part 1, or if you are short on time then the first aid part 1 (its more brief), but don't completely skip it.

Dental decks is good too. It has questions and answers, and many of the questions are similar to the ndeb released questions.

Thanks a lot for the advice enthusiastjc,,,I'm studying from dental decks,,so I think I'll skim as u said
Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 90 this year.
I have all the qs and answers since 2001 to 2012 checked by university professors.
65% of the exam came form these questions
pls contact me on [email protected]

Hi kelantan,,i sent u several times on email and here in this forum but no response from u???do u still have those QandAs?

hey..im want to appear for the fundamental knowledge exam in 2014 as im late for the registration in 2013.
whoever has already given the exam can they help me with what topics should i study more and all . im a recent dental graduate from pakistan.

hey, i'm also a dentist from india, i have just completed my degree...i'm also planning on giving afk 2014....looking for study partner too..

I do not know why we are studying so hard for the AFK exam. There seems to be no future in Canada as a dentist cause there are 900 people passing the NDEB final exams last year. Most of these new increases is due to NDEB accrediting Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. I have friends in Australia who cannot find jobs as dentists and are now flooding the Canada job market and stealing jobs! We, as internationals, already invests lots into the NDEB 3 step process. Now, there seems to be an oversupply in Canada with yearly 900 increases in dentist population. This is disappointing

Hi I am writing NDEB exam in 2 weeks. I have only studied released questions about 300 pages. Do you think it is enough? How much did you get from released questions in your exam? Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi everyone!

I'm a dentist in Lima, Perú but i'm living in Montréal, Canada now and I'm planning to apply for the 2014 NBDE here.
Could anybody give me any advice about the application process that is about to open?

If there is another Peruvian or Canadian dentist living in Montréal too, i would appreciate contact you.

Thank You!

Chechi

hi
i prepare myself for NBDE
for canadian exam dental deck part 1 is more important or part 2?
its similar to usa NBDE ?

hey guyz. wot r my chances for addmission in university of toronto and western ontario if i get 80% or 85% in assessment of fundamental knowledge test?

Hi, did you decide on how and what to study for the AFK ? I am also planning to apply it 2014,, so we can share our thoughts here,,

I came across conflicting reviews about Scammon's growth curve. Don't know what the right answer.

Mandibular growth follows: genital tissues or general body growth?
Decks indicate that mandibular growth follows genital tissues where as mosby says general body growth.
Anybody has a clear understanding of this subject, please help!

hey..im want to appear for the fundamental knowledge exam in 2014 as im late for the registration in 2013.
whoever has already given the exam can they help me with what topics should i study more and all . im a recent dental graduate from pakistan.
hi ill b appearing in 2014 from montreal. currently on in city but will b in aug let me know if interested in being a study partner

I came across conflicting reviews about Scammon's growth curve. Don't know what the right answer.

Mandibular growth follows: genital tissues or general body growth?
Decks indicate that mandibular growth follows genital tissues where as mosby says general body growth.
Anybody has a clear understanding of this subject, please help![/QUOTE

well in sure its a general body

H! I'm looking for study partner in York Region,Ontario. If you'd like to study together let me know about it.

Hi All,

I have also succesfully passed the exam and am willing to help!

Email me [email protected] and I would be happy to supply the answers to the questions, as well as all the other resources I used to pass the exam!

Thanks for your time and I hope I can help!

Hi Mike,
I am writing the AFK IN 2014. Would you be able to help me with the study material. Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks in advance

Only a few seats left join b4 it's to late.

Attachments

• Count Down to AFK Final.jpg
    Count Down to AFK Final.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone in here is interested in pairing up with me to start studying for the Canadian Dental Boards? NDEB Im in Calgay. Please msg me on [email protected] Thanks!

Cn sumbody plz hlp me ....
Whch examz do we have to pass to get admission in dds in canada ?? Inly afk is required??

i already took the test. i have answers but its for the 660 page packet. the packets are the same but they shuffled the question, and the 660 packet has a lot of duplicate questions but its the one i had and henced worked on it. if you would like i can email the packet for the 660 with the best guessed answers. then in a seperate email i can send you some of the correction a group of us came up with. we ram out of time but managed to verify about 600 pages of the 660 packet. but since the packet has a lot of duplicate question some of those questions may alrready been answered

Hi
I am studying for the AFK in 2015. I like to get the answers to the released questions.
I was wondering if you could help please.
Many thanks
Hootan
[email protected]

Hello everyone,

Newbie here and looking at writing the AFK this year. Hoping someone can guide me on:

1. The 2014 questions that are available on the ndeb.ca website - is there a good recommendation someone has for me to seek answers to those questions? I don’t know of any university professors here that can help me (I'm a recent immigrant in Canada) and study groups can often have flawed answers

2. When I compare the "content areas" for the AFK exams with subject areas covered in Mosby's NBDE-2, several topics are not covered. For example under Biomedical sciences which is 20% of the testable material - Oral Microanatomy, Oral Embryology, Growth & Development, General Biochemistry/Cariology and Pathology/Medicine - are four content areas that I cant find under either NBDE-1 or 2. I call these "gaps". There are several such areas tested on the AFK that are missing from the NBDE books. What do you recommend I do in order to prepare for these gaps?

Any help is much appreciated.

Hello,
I'm planning to write AFK in August 2015 . Can you people guide me what all to study?