National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) - Fundamental Knowledge Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

anyone knows if Canadian fundamental knowledge test contains general anatomical science questions or only maxillofacial area questions?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I live in Vancouver, may I have your contact?
Hello,
I am preparing for 2012 exam.
can I get some information from you?
how hard is it?
how many months should I study? I already have studied decks and first aid. I'm going to study past exams. what should I read??
I really appreciate your kind help

Members don't see this ad :)
hello doctor!as i am reading all the posts....you all gonna prepare for 2012 fundamental exam...i am also preparing for the same and i m gonna appear this year in feb means next week....lemme tell you all study materials as me and all other docs strictly follow this...
1.DENTAL DECKS PART 2 MOST IMPORTANT....YOU HAVE TO REMIND EACH AND EVERY LINE OF THIS...
2.FIRST AID BOOK PART 2
3.MOSBYS REVIEW
4.ASDA PAPERS PART 2
5.RELEASED SERIES NEW AND OLD BOTH GIVEN BY NDEB......
6.DENTAL DECKS PART 1
7.ASDA PAPERS PART 1.....

ANY DOUBTS!ANY QUESTIONS......
Hi,
thanks for your useful information. I'm living in toronto and looking for study group.
If anyone is interested, please let me know.
question: how do you know these materials are good? is first aid 1 useful as well?
what is MOSBYS???
my email: [email protected]
appreciate you help

hi i am a dentist from india.Am planning to write ndbe for session 2012.....looking for a support group so that we can together help each other realise our goal.
Hi,
i'm preparing for 2012.I'm living in toronto. if you are bthe same, let me know to create a study group.

Hi Sandokan and all

I passed fundamental knowledge exam and I am looking for the study partner or group for clinical knowledge exam. Anybody has idea about the study materials???
About fundamental knowledge exam, sandokan is right.. most of the questions were from the sample questions..
Hi, can you please tell me how was the exam?
how much did you study?
was it the first time to take this exam?
I am preparing for 2012. I studied decks and first aid and looking for the answers for released questions. do you have them?
thanks a lot.

Hello,
I am preparing for 2012 exam.
can I get some information from you?
how hard is it?
how many months should I study? I already have studied decks and first aid. I'm going to study past exams. what should I read??
I really appreciate your kind help

Hi I didn't take the fkt, but i took the ndeb and osce. The best methob is to study the released exam. Find the correct answers and then find why the wrong ones are incorrect. This can be a time consuming task so start as soon as possible.

i dont have to take the fke but from seeing what others have said its basically similar to the ndeb. so you can get copies of the ndeb at the ndeb website. some people have the 660 page packet and some have a 396 packet. they are the same test just shuffled questions. The 660 packet has a lot of repeated question hence its a bigger packet some question repeated four or more times.
Hi,
I'm preparing for 2012 and looking forward to find answers for released questions.
have you passed the exam? how hard was that?
can you give me your answers.
I really appreciate your help.
[email protected]

hi iam planning to apply for 2012 AFK Exame if please you can help me can you send the 660 quastiion and the answre on my E-mail please this will help me alot
thank you doctor
My E-Mail is [email protected]

Hi sorry for the delay, I normally log in and check for messages and dont always get to previous threads, if you still need the 660 page released packet send me a pvt message and i will get it to you.

i already took the test. i have answers but its for the 660 page packet. the packets are the same but they shuffled the question, and the 660 packet has a lot of duplicate questions but its the one i had and henced worked on it. if you would like i can email the packet for the 660 with the best guessed answers. then in a seperate email i can send you some of the correction a group of us came up with. we ram out of time but managed to verify about 600 pages of the 660 packet. but since the packet has a lot of duplicate question some of those questions may alrready been answered
Hi,
can you please send a cope f answers to my email as well.
[email protected]

hi every body
i move to canada next october for the first time, and i have to pass nbde exam, anyone knows what the steps before the exam?
and if u have any thing i can study u can send it to me by email
[email protected]
i really will appreciate your help
im looking for english courses also if u have some informations because im french educated and need to improve my english for the nbde exam

thanx a lot for all

Last edited:
i already took the test. i have answers but its for the 660 page packet. the packets are the same but they shuffled the question, and the 660 packet has a lot of duplicate questions but its the one i had and henced worked on it. if you would like i can email the packet for the 660 with the best guessed answers. then in a seperate email i can send you some of the correction a group of us came up with. we ram out of time but managed to verify about 600 pages of the 660 packet. but since the packet has a lot of duplicate question some of those questions may alrready been answered
h

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone ,
can one of you answer my questions
firstly is fundamental exam conducted only once a year ,
secondly can we prepare it in only 5 to 6 months ....
thanks

hello every one
i want to apply fundemental assement exam in 2012
can u inform me about the best book to start with
and i would like to have study partner online or if ur in calgary we can study in any library
my email is [email protected] :)
thanx

Hi sorry for the delay, I normally log in and check for messages and dont always get to previous threads, if you still need the 660 page released packet send me a pvt message and i will get it to you.
hi :)
if u dont mind i would like to have the questions and there answer
do u think if i study then they r enough
thanx alooot 4 u
[email protected]

hey doctors
can any1 send me the answers for the NDEB released question
and plz tell me if it is enough to start studying 3 months be4 the exam, cause im planning to take the NBDE 1 by the beginning of october
my email is [email protected]
thx

Hey guys,
Im an Egyptian dentist applying for the 2012 exam.im looking for a study partner or a study group here in Mississauga or an online partner.please let me know if ure interested this is my email: [email protected]
hi
iam looking for apply in 2012 enshallah iam a new graduated iraqi dentist from syria so iam looking for study partner iam live in calgary my email is [email protected]

hey doctors
can any1 send me the answers for the NDEB released question
and plz tell me if it is enough to start studying 3 months be4 the exam, cause im planning to take the NBDE 1 by the beginning of october
thx
hi doc palastine iam a new graduated iraqi dentist
iam looking for apply in 2012 my fundemental assesment exam i live in calgary
can u plz send me the answers and qestions if u get them:)
and what are the books i should study

hi everyone i m new to the forum....i m actually planning to appear for 2012 ndeb exam..need some help in regards to the referance materials and question papers.kindly forward it to this email [email protected] you..also would like to join a study group if any..

Hello guys....
smile.gif

I am planning to give FKA in 2012 Feb......
I had been preparing for nbde 1 for an year now, as i could not get the visa dropped the plan and in to Canada now......
I am done with the basic sciences, need to do the clinicals mainly...
I am from Kerala, India, still in the same place, graduated in 2010....
Expecting to reach Canada by Jan 2012....
If any one interested to study together mail me to [email protected]
Or can call me to +919633666133....
Or catch me in skype at dralantony
Hope to hear from u soon.....

Hi
I was wondering if you could send me the questions and answers of 660- page packet. I would like to take the AFK 2012. My email address is:
[email protected]

Thank you in advance

hi ..i wish to appear for the 2012 exam aswell...from ur post i gather u sre doing the same ...did u receive4 the questions and answers of 660 pg packet ?..if yes i would really really appreciate if u send me that too....i really would b thankful ...my id is [email protected]

hi doc palastine iam a new graduated iraqi dentist
iam looking for apply in 2012 my fundemental assesment exam i live in calgary
can u plz send me the answers and qestions if u get them:)
and what are the books i should study

hi ...my situation is similar to urs ....i wish to appear in 2012 too ...if u receive the questions and answers that can help for the exam pls forward to me too any help will be appreciated ...helping each other is the best way to get thru these exams i suppose ..may we all pass ...thank u in advance...my email is [email protected]

Hi everyone,

As a faculty member in one the Canadian dental schools, and someone who has been through all this in the past, I am willing to offer any assistance to people that are in the process of re-certification here in Canada. If I get enough replies, I might even consider holding practical sessions.

Cheers and good luck

Dear,
If you don't mind,
could you send me the 660 packet with the answers?
My e-mail adress is [email protected]
It would be a great help to prepare AFK.
Thank you so much!!!

hello doctor!as i am reading all the posts....you all gonna prepare for 2012 fundamental exam...i am also preparing for the same and i m gonna appear this year in feb means next week....lemme tell you all study materials as me and all other docs strictly follow this...
1.DENTAL DECKS PART 2 MOST IMPORTANT....YOU HAVE TO REMIND EACH AND EVERY LINE OF THIS...
2.FIRST AID BOOK PART 2
3.MOSBYS REVIEW
4.ASDA PAPERS PART 2
5.RELEASED SERIES NEW AND OLD BOTH GIVEN BY NDEB......
6.DENTAL DECKS PART 1
7.ASDA PAPERS PART 1.....

ANY DOUBTS!ANY QUESTIONS......

hello..i am a pediatric dentist , graduated from india..wish to work in canada n i am totally new to it..no information as to hw to go about it..can u pls guide me thru n also mail mne the study material required?.. wud be highly obliged ..thanks n my mail id is [email protected]

Hi doctor,
I am planning to apply for AFK Exame, too. I realize that you have the 660 question and the answer. If you can help me, please send them on my E-mail, you know, this will help me alot
My E-mail address: [email protected]
thank you in advance...
Maria

hi everyone ,
can one of you answer my questions
firstly is fundamental exam conducted only once a year ,
secondly can we prepare it in only 5 to 6 months ....
thanks

If you devote the 5 to 6 months you will do well. That is u actually study. My suggestion is study the released exam and find the answers, also find out why the wrong answers are wrong. If you do this you will do well on this section. The questions are similar. Keep in mind you need to find out why the wrong ones are wrong. This will cover about 80 to 85 of the exam, that last 15 who knows where they some up with those questions.

jooin the facebook community for group study ....ndeb study group afk2012

hey do u know the passing ratio of the clinical exam?? pls if u know then share it.. i knw the AFK will be somewhat easier as its passing ratio is around 50%. but the clinical is so much difficult to pass.. and if sumone fails in it , should he eligible to give the exam in same year or he has to wait for next year.?? i knw its so much question.. but if u help me out from them its my pleasure thank u.

hey i am a new member n i jz read ur post...hv u appeared for the 2011 exam? how was it? i have also completed graduation in india and have 3 years work exp. i wanna knw wat r my chances of clearing d exams and getting a good job in toronto?

I am preparing for the ass.of fundamental knowledge in calgary..looking for some books esp Mosby (part 2) and first aid for part 2.Also ASDA for NBDE 2 anyone willing to sell? also if you guys wana study as a group..that would be awosme

I am preparing for the ass.of fundamental knowledge in calgary..looking for some books esp Mosby (part 2) and first aid for part 2.Also ASDA for NBDE 2 anyone willing to sell? also if you guys wana study as a group..that would be awosme

First aid 2 not the best for canada board. I know a lot of people like it but several chapeters are really lacking, like the path, pros and perio, and ortho. Its a good book if you have only two weeks left. The best is to go over the released exam find the answers and find out why the wrong one are wrong. This can take up three months so start asap. Do this and you will ace that test.