National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) - Fundamental Knowledge Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

anyone knows if Canadian fundamental knowledge test contains general anatomical science questions or only maxillofacial area questions?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody had this exam before, how they suppose to know.If it is like Eligibility exam, then no,mostly head and neck, may be something general like portal cerculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello

If you are taking Canadain Fundamental assesment exam in Feb 2011 Please do email me at [email protected].

I'm looking for study partner/group.

I live in Vancouver and BDS graduate from India.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello

If you are taking Canadain Fundamental assesment exam in Feb 2011 Please do email me at [email protected].

I'm looking for study partner/group.

I live in Vancouver and BDS graduate from India.
I'm planning to take the exam in february and will gladly work with a study partner but I don't live in canada.I'm currently in Nigeria and would come take the exam from here.Can we correspond via internet??

Hello Everyone
I would like to join a study group online or in person.
I am located in London Ontario.
If you want a partner to study for Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge
contact me.
I am looking forward to hearing from you!!:):thumbup:

hi
i'm looking for a study partner\guide
i'm taking the exam for this year
but i am now outside canada ,so is it ok with to stay on the internet connection:luck:

Reactions: 1 users
the guidelines for the exam are pretty clear on the ndeb website...
but nobody knows what to expect really;)

hi,
:)
i live in st.john's newfoundland and i'm currently preparing for the assessment of fundamental knowledge exam for the ndeb equivalency exam in 2011..

looking for a study partner/group in st.john's.

anyone interested e-mail me [email protected]

Hello
im also doing my exam in Feb
im studying the Dental Decks, but im not too sure if they will help me in this exam..
does anyone know any study materials or preps for this exam?

Thank you :)

Hello everyone ,

I'm done with all my exams , and now I want to sell all the equipments I bought for getting ready for the practical exams for schools,
If anyone interested please send me a msg.
I want to sell all my instruments, high speed, low speed, some materials, mini unit and many many more for a reasonable price. Everything just like new ,I worked on them for just 2 months.
Also I will sell dental decks part 1,2
Preferably someone in BC and Vancouver.

Cheers,
Ttj

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone ,

I'm done with all my exams , and now I want to sell all the equipments I bought for getting ready for the practical exams for schools,
I want to sell all my instruments, high speed, low speed, some materials, mini unit and many many more for a reasonable price. Everything just like new ,I worked on them for just 2 months.

Cheers,
Ttj

I live in Vancouver, may I have your contact?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm living in down town Toronto and looking for a study partner or group for fundamental knowledge exam of 2012. please contact me:)

hi everyone ... is there any study group online for this Fundamental Assessment Exam ... Would like to join one ... I am planning for 2012 NOT the upcoming one ... anyone interested to study online --- pm or email

[email protected]

hi everyone ... is there any study group online for this Fundamental Assessment Exam ... Would like to join one ... I am planning for 2012 NOT the upcoming one ... anyone interested to study online --- pm or email

[email protected]
he ya i m dentist from india n enen planning to gv ndeb in 2012...it wil b pleasure fr me if we cn discuss n even wnt to knw wt study material is required...:)

hi i am a dentist from india.Am planning to write ndbe for session 2012.....looking for a support group so that we can together help each other realise our goal.

hi everyone..i m a dentist from india..m rlyyy interested in appearin fr d canada licensure exam in 2012... bt hav sm doubts..hv gone thru their website bt still sm points were nt clear..like wt is NDEB Written and OSCE Examination???
n do we need permanent residency for appearin for this exam... pls if sm1 cn explain in simpler language..i wud b vry grtful..thnx..

Hello
im also doing my exam in Feb
im studying the Dental Decks, but im not too sure if they will help me in this exam..
does anyone know any study materials or preps for this exam?

Thank you :)

hello doctor!as i am reading all the posts....you all gonna prepare for 2012 fundamental exam...i am also preparing for the same and i m gonna appear this year in feb means next week....lemme tell you all study materials as me and all other docs strictly follow this...
1.DENTAL DECKS PART 2 MOST IMPORTANT....YOU HAVE TO REMIND EACH AND EVERY LINE OF THIS...
2.FIRST AID BOOK PART 2
3.MOSBYS REVIEW
4.ASDA PAPERS PART 2
5.RELEASED SERIES NEW AND OLD BOTH GIVEN BY NDEB......
6.DENTAL DECKS PART 1
7.ASDA PAPERS PART 1.....

ANY DOUBTS!ANY QUESTIONS......

hello doctor!as i am reading all the posts....you all gonna prepare for 2012 fundamental exam...i am also preparing for the same and i m gonna appear this year in feb means next week....lemme tell you all study materials as me and all other docs strictly follow this...
1.DENTAL DECKS PART 2 MOST IMPORTANT....YOU HAVE TO REMIND EACH AND EVERY LINE OF THIS...
2.FIRST AID BOOK PART 2
3.MOSBYS REVIEW
4.ASDA PAPERS PART 2
5.RELEASED SERIES NEW AND OLD BOTH GIVEN BY NDEB......
6.DENTAL DECKS PART 1
7.ASDA PAPERS PART 1.....

ANY DOUBTS!ANY QUESTIONS......

hi dilami..
I believe u must be done with ur exam.. now u can guide us better what and from where to study?
Ur efforts would be appriciated.
Thanks

hi,i'm going to buy dental deck 1 and 2,i wanted to know the date of your books,becouse i have 2007 -2008,and wanted to know is it possible to bye separetly or no?when did you pas the exams?does the dental deck enough?pls inform me,i came to canada recently and have no any information,thanks in advance

hi,do you have contact number,i'm going to take part in this exam too.i came to canada recently,with plesure ready to start

Hello everyone ,

Cheers,
Ttj
are the equipment still available? how much do you ask?
I will move to Vancouver next month. Is there any preparatory courses for the clinical exam in Vancouver or nearby. or any study groups there?

Dear All
I sit the exam on February,5 ,the exam was fair and the distributions of questions came exactly as they said on the NDEB web page on protocol link
http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/assessment_of_fundamental_knowledge.htm#section2

-accordingly pharmacology got the greatest share and so on.
- the released questions on the NDEB was very helpful and alot of questions on the exam came from them.
- the format of a,b,c,d,e is used and no 1-a,b,c/2-a and c /3 all of the above.
- to sum up if you read dental deck 2 and the released questions you will most probably got a very good score.
note:the percentage of questions on dental decks 1 was remarkably negligible
all the best for all

Last edited:
Hi Doctors,

I just wanted to know if i can directly apply to the universities without giving the assessment of clinical skills and judgement after receiving my result of assessment of fundamental knowledge which was held on 5th feb......because the cost of the pre dental courses and the exam fee is very high i really cannot afford it......if i do not go for the other two assessment what is my chance of getting a seat in the university?????

i need a sincere reply....please help me out...badly need your suggestions!!!!!:confused:

hi i stay in vancouver if u are still selling the stuff i can buy it please let me know your contact details

are the equipment still available? how much do you ask?
I will move to Vancouver next month. Is there any preparatory courses for the clinical exam in Vancouver or nearby. or any study groups there?

i am also intrested to buy the stuff please let me know the contact details and i can see it i stay in vancouver,B.c.

Hey guys, I'm in 3rd year of program, and thought why not get a little heads up what i'm in store for.

Was wondering how everyone felt about this new test, any feedback of how the questions were, allocated study time, were they more general or dental related and methods of preparing.

Sorry for all the questions, would love to be able to well as dental school is stressful enough with all the workload and than the massive amount of debt we are all in. :thumbdown:

Any response would be appreciative.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys,
Im an Egyptian dentist applying for the 2012 exam.im looking for a study partner or a study group here in Mississauga or an online partner.please let me know if ure interested this is my email: [email protected]

Dear All
I sit the exam on February,5 ,the exam was fair and the distributions of questions came exactly as they said on the NDEB web page on protocol link
http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/assessment_of_fundamental_knowledge.htm#section2

- the released questions on the NDEB was very helpful and alot of questions on the exam came from them.
- to sum up if you read dental deck 2 and the released questions you will most probably got a very good score.
all the best for all
Hey I was wondering if u could tell me wut other books u studied from?other than dental deck 2 n the released question??
Thanks a lot.

Hi i am residing in Newfoundland,Canada.i'm also looking study partner/group for the preparation of Fundamental Knowledge exam.if anyone interested,email me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance

can u please tell hw did u studied ,did u read books first and then decks and papers or u did decks only.
im trying to study from past 1 MONTH,but not going anywhere with the pace, i havent finished studying a single book.

Dear All

all the best for all
can u please tell hw did u studied ,did u read books first and then decks and papers or u did decks only.
im trying to study from past 1 MONTH,but not going anywhere with the pace, i havent finished studying a single book.

Hi everyone ,i was wondering if doctors who gave the fundamental exam ndeb this year can guide us how was the exam, was it hard or easy,more practical based or theory based that would be helpful...
Thanks so much