NASA's newest astronaut candidates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deuist

Stealthfully Sarcastic
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NASA released its list of astronaut candidates. Two of them are military docs. Granted, Dr. Kim is an intern in emergency medicine, but still.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
And I think half of them are military officers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Q&A with Jonny Kim, MD, 2017 NASA Astronaut Candidate - Student Doctor Network

He's not just any Doc. Navy SEAL with over 100 combat missions and silver and bronze star it says.
abyss.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Oh its that Dr. Kim.

Man I heard about that guy back in 2013 from my HPSP recruiter. He managed to nab Harvard's full ride merit scholarship while on HSCP.

Fast forward a few years and I hear that one of his actions down range was turned into a scene in Act of Valor.

Now an astronaut? He landed the best GMO billet ever.

SEAL Doctor Astronaut...geez

Oh its that Dr. Kim.

Man I heard about that guy back in 2013 from my HPSP recruiter. He managed to nab Harvard's full ride merit scholarship while on HSCP.

Fast forward a few years and I hear that one of his actions down range was turned into a scene in Act of Valor.

Now an astronaut? He landed the best GMO billet ever.

SEAL Doctor Astronaut...geez
Why does that sound somewhat sour lemons?

I hear his parents still make him cry at holidays because he isn't a lawyer, senator or CEO

Reactions: 4 users
Just think about it kids...YOU TOO can become an astronaut/SEAL/Bronze Star recipient/movie star/All-Around Great American if you sign up for HPSP! Get ready for the Dr. Rambo threads!