NAPLEX: results by mail , Registration closed, NULL Q&As

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcufpharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I'm writing this to try and help those of us whom are members of masochistic states like my own - by this I mean, they send your scores by mail.

First, if your online account before/during/soon after taking NAPLEX said "ATT Generated" with options in the furthermost column being:

1. Cancel Registration

2. Change Primary Jurisdiction or

3. Add Score Transfer.....continue reading....

**Also, the famous ORANGE (baby s***) colored button should be grayed out at this point. If this applies to you, then OK, continue reading...

Around 2 - 3 days later:

"ATT Generated" should change to "Registration Closed" and the grayed out button should NOW be ORANGE (baby s***) again.

(From reading around these forums, I believe this means NABP has transmitted your score results to your state. If you had been born/residing in a state that used their tax dollars or whatever money funds this online score posting, I am guessing it is at this very moment you would be able to physically see with your own very two eyes your score live and on-screen.)

For those who are forced to take digital tests but receive answers by horse and buggy...Here's where it gets weird...

If you had the ability the "add score transfer" while it said "ATT Generated" but once it changed to "Registration Closed" and all three of the above mentioned options are now gone and instead replaced by NULL - you may have failed.

Prior to registration closing, your NAPLEX listing should have been somewhere up near the top of the screen (i.e., one of the first listings in your CPE monitor thing.) Now, it should be at the bottom (possibly underneath all the other failed attempts..... I speak modestly here....I'm certain the entire system is against me...)

At the bottom of the screen, if NAPLEX now says "Registration Closed" and NULL for available actions - even if your Orange button is ORANGE - you may have failed.

The reasons this sort of makes sense is that it makes no sense why they would take away your ability to add score transfer when, technically, you only have 90 days to do so. So by nulling the option, they are depleting the amount of days you can decided and decide not to decide to transfer your lovely, passed score. Something I have never had the pleasure of experiencing. Anyways, if this theory is true....then they don't need to even bother mailing the grade at this point. Null = fail. Try again in 3 months and fork over some more money. Maybe once we've gotten enough......

I would REALLY LOVE if someone from a state that sends scores by mail could confirm this theory:

Please, by all means, respond with information that coincides with the following: did "add score transfer" REMAIN in that NAPLEX column the entire time for you even once ATT Generated had changed to "Registration Closed?"

I TRULY hope this helps many of you. Feel free to add your own comments, suggestions - or correct me if I'm wrong. This might differ state to state.

Kindly,

kcufpharm

P.S. see Pharmacyboy123's post here

If link didn't work, here's the direct link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/95-sure-i-failed-naplex.1213715/#post-18053948

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The entire thing could be a myth, but while I was waiting for mine (CA is my state) I did like many other search the web for an answer.

Here's my experience, I took my exam on the same day as my friend in NY. After the exam, my status still says ATT generated and all three options you've listed were there. Three days later my NY friend has been refreshing the website religiously and immediately informed me her score has been posted. I then went on mine and my status changed to registration closed and "add score transfer" remain the only option.

Now I've heard the null= fail is a myth(people may still pass), but haven't heard anything from anyone that "add score transfer" could be a fail. So don't be too discouraged if you received a null.

I received my Naplex score a week ago and I did pass. Good luck!

The entire thing could be a myth, but while I was waiting for mine (CA is my state) I did like many other search the web for an answer.

Here's my experience, I took my exam on the same day as my friend in NY. After the exam, my status still says ATT generated and all three options you've listed were there. Three days later my NY friend has been refreshing the website religiously and immediately informed me her score has been posted. I then went on mine and my status changed to registration closed and "add score transfer" remain the only option.

Now I've heard the null= fail is a myth(people may still pass), but haven't heard anything from anyone that "add score transfer" could be a fail. So don't be too discouraged if you received a null.

I received my Naplex score a week ago and I did pass. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience cuckoo879. Where have you heard that people may still pass despite seeing "NULL" on their NABP profile?

Reactions: 1 user
I too would like to share my experience as I am from Michigan and we go through the horse, buggy , snail mail system.
took the exam on 29 july 2016. Registration closed on 02/08--Add score transfer was OPEN ---got the mail on 15/08--PASSED NAPLEX!!.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah in my experience, mine said registration closed and add score transfer was open and passed. My friend had registration closed and null was there instead and she failed. I'm not sure if all states are like that but that is just one example of each that I've seen.

Edit: We are both in Illinois.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience cuckoo879. Where have you heard that people may still pass despite seeing "NULL" on their NABP profile?

From my research ( digging through posts back in early 2000s) most of people who received null and passed were in Michigan

Just to comment as well, my friend just took the MI MPJE and her score on the NABP profile said 'null' so she assumed she failed and a week later her results came in the mail and she passed!

I had the same experience as Pharmgirl0770. I'm in CA and they're known to be SUPER slow. I took the naplex and was very anxious about my result. A few days later I checked nabp website and it showed registration closed and add score transfer. Around 3 weeks later, I got my letter and it said I passed. But again every state BOP might work differently so hang in there!

Yeah in my experience, mine said registration closed and add score transfer was open and passed. My friend had registration closed and null was there instead and she failed. I'm not sure if all states are like that but that is just one example of each that I've seen.

Edit: We are both in Illinois.
when you got " registration is closed" and "add score transfer", were they under Active Registration or under Registration History?

I am from cali, took the naplex on sept 7, today sept 11 it changed from ATT generated to registration closed and I have add score transfer. My naplex is in the active registration column. I felt the exam went fine for me, had plenty of time and I felt like I did fine leaving the exam. Hoping the "add score transfer = pass" theory is true, I will update once I get my results in 2-3 weeks lol

Sigh when I saw that NULL I basically threw up in my mouth. CA test - finished very early. Felt ok but a few math question, I wasn't 100% on. Had so many compounding. No clue. And of course I got my letter and it's a 68. Embarrassed. Self-hate. Lots of emotion. Still have to wait for CPJE result.
The null is real. I believe now. *internally crying*

I see "Registration Closed - Add Score Transfer"

Took it 10/11, status changed today 10/16; will reply back once I get the actual mail to confirm.

I see "Registration Closed - Add Score Transfer"

Took it 10/11, status changed today 10/16; will reply back once I get the actual mail to confirm.
Received mail today 10/23, passed! :)