NAPLEX June 2017 'no fear'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ngrxprep

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for those fearful of NAPLEX
Don't ever think for once that you cannot conquer this exam. The only thing you need to do is to work without fear. Fear is the enemy. Because if I can do it you can too. Let me tell you many reasons why I was not qualified to do well on this exam but God qualified me.

First I'm a foreign pharmacist that graduated since 2005. I had virtually forgotten everything I did at Pharmacy school. Before I started internship the only brand-generic I knew was Tylenol. So I studied from scratch. I had to google most words in the book to know the meaning.

Secondly, because of financial issues I could not afford to buy Naplex materials until the last month of my internship. Studying would've been easier if I had opportunity to do it along with practice.

Again, having 3 young kids to take care of and run after(lol!) didn't make it easier

Plus I went through a lot of emotional turmoil during the exam prep

Then on the actual exam, I did not finish because I took so much time answering the 1st 30 questions, but I was close. Also I needed to change some answers that I chose wrongly but didn't hv the opportunity to go back to them.

But through all these challenges, God saw me through. God was with me through the valley. I passed Naplex this June on 1st sitting after studying for 9 months. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention my score but it was above 100.

And the same God is there for you. Ask Jesus to be with you. Because where He is, fear won't be able to stand. He is able to lift you and qualify you even when you think you're not. Don't ever give up. Dry your tears and keep at it because soon it is going to become a history. My advise to is to trust in your creator and study with understanding. And this applies to every area of our lives. Jesus is alive, He loves you and He can hear you when you speak to Him.

Tips from my experience
I used Rxprep and SDN calculations (not so much)
When you finish each chapter, try and think it thru by bringing everything to a nutshell
Make sure you touch all the topics during the last 2 week towards your exam including Oncology (especially Oncology 1 and try ur best with 2)
Know all the information about common medications like metformin, HTN meds and others. Code them if possible
When studying a drug be thinking of its effect on patient's lab.
Rxprep compounding chapters didn't help me so much, may be you will need an extra material
Read with understanding, you almost never see any repeated questions from past questions
Be cautious of time in the exam

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
congrats on your success, you put in a lot of hard work and it paid off

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on passing! What state are you licensed in and how long did it take? I licensing in Wisconsin and I know a colleague who took the exam on 6/1 and still doesnt know their results? Should I tell them to contact the state board? I've noticed it takes around a week from states that post online but I haven't noticed a common time from states that do not post results online through NAPB.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't ever think for once that you cannot conquer this exam. The only thing you need to do is to work without fear. Fear is the enemy. Because if I can do it you can too. Let me tell you many reasons why I was not qualified to do well on this exam but God qualified me.

First I'm a foreign pharmacist that graduated since 2005. I had virtually forgotten everything I did at Pharmacy school. Before I started internship the only brand-generic I knew was Tylenol. So I studied from scratch. I had to google most words in the book to know the meaning.

Secondly, because of financial issues I could not afford to buy Naplex materials until the last month of my internship. Studying would've been easier if I had opportunity to do it along with practice.

Again, having 3 young kids to take care of and run after(lol!) didn't make it easier

Then on the actual exam, I did not finish because I took so much time answering the 1st 30 questions, but I was close. Also I needed to change some answers that I chose wrongly but didn't hv the opportunity to go back to them.

But through all these challenges, God saw me through. God was with me through the valley. I passed Naplex this June on 1st sitting after studying for 9 months. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention my score but it was above 100.

And the same God is there for you. Ask Jesus to be with you. Because where He is, fear won't be able to stand. He is able to lift you and qualify you even when you think you're not. Don't ever give up. Dry your tears and keep at it because soon it is going to become a history. My advise to is to trust in your creator and study with understanding. And this applies to every area of our lives. Jesus is alive, He loves you and He can hear you when you speak to Him.

Tips from my experience
When you finish each chapter, try and think it thru by bringing everything to a nutshell
Make sure you touch all the topics during the last 2 week towards your exam including Oncology (especially Oncology 1 and try ur best with 2)
Know all the information about common medications like metformin, HTN meds and others. Code them if possible
Rxprep compounding chapters didn't help me so much, may be you will need an extra material
Read with understanding, you almost never see any repeated questions from past questions
Awww, u made me cry. Am in the same boat as yours; kids, been studying for months and am still fearful of this exam that I doubt myself all the time. But about 3 weeks now, I have been feeling some way, like why am I so scared? I say I trust in God but is like am doubting God on this exam. Where God is, fear doesn't exist. I feel God used you to talk to me because that IS my Message. I know Jesus is with me so I should really let go of all fear and just work at this one last time in one month and just go and take this exam and watch God qualify me! This exam will be history in my life and I will move on! No more Naplex hunting me, no more fear, because with Christ, I conquered it! I may not qualify, but God will qualify me, because He is the God of impossibilities!! I just have to trust in Him and let go of all fear and doubts.

Awww, u made me cry. Am in the same boat as yours; kids, been studying for months and am still fearful of this exam that I doubt myself all the time. But about 3 weeks now, I have been feeling some way, like why am I so scared? I say I trust in God but is like am doubting God on this exam. Where God is, fear doesn't exist. I feel God used you to talk to me because that IS my Message. I know Jesus is with me so I should really let go of all fear and just work at this one last time in one month and just go and take this exam and watch God qualify me! This exam will be history in my life and I will move on! No more Naplex hunting me, no more fear, because with Christ, I conquered it! I may not qualify, but God will qualify me, because He is the God of impossibilities!! I just have to trust in Him and let go of all fear and doubts.
I'm so glad you are encouraged by this. God is faithful. He will not leave nor forsake you when you trust in Him. And since you hv kids, your time is so limited. During the last few weeks to your exam, make your tight schedule. Study like never before. Try to touch every topic even if shallow, it will help boost your confidence. But give more concentration to the big topics like diabetes, HTN, Immunization, Oncology and many other disease topics. What I did during my last 2 wks is to concentrate more on the textbook than the questions. I'll do 2-3 topics and do the questions of each half way (since they don't repeat questions), unless it's a very important chapter. I also try to do 20-30 calculations every other day. I couldn't finish the 5 cal sections in Rxprep. But I was able to go through 4 only once (but that depends on your relationship with math, you may need to do more). I did all these because my time was limited. All the best.

I'm so glad you are encouraged by this. God is faithful. He will not leave nor forsake you when you trust in Him. And since you hv kids, your time is so limited. During the last few weeks to your exam, make your tight schedule. Study like never before. Try to touch every topic even if shallow, it will help boost your confidence. But give more concentration to the big topics like diabetes, HTN, Immunization, Oncology and many other disease topics. What I did during my last 2 wks is to concentrate more on the textbook than the questions. I'll do 2-3 topics and do the questions of each half way (since they don't repeat questions), unless it's a very important chapter. I also try to do 20-30 calculations every other day. I couldn't finish the 5 cal sections in Rxprep. But I was able to go through 4 only once (but that depends on your relationship with math, you may need to do more). I did all these because my time was limited. All the best.
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I will definitely be doing all that for studying. My time is always limited but I definitely need to do this for one month so I have to squeeze in studying somewhere. I have to jump over that stone and claim my victory! My God is with me and He will perfect my imperfections to give me victory! God bless you abundantly

Congrats!! I am so happy for you. I was in the same boat (without the kids tho) and I just passed NAPLEX as well. Good job and God blessed you :)

You said the compounding chapters didn't help you very much - what did you use to cover those topics?
That was an advise from my experience. I only found out during the exam. Almost all the questions I got on compounding did not come from Rxprep. I did guess work.

Oh wow, your post is so encouraging!!

I'm in a similar situation: foreign grad, 2 little kids under the age of 3, husband that works out of town! have been studying since Feb (10hrs/wk)but I feel like the information is not retaining very well. Planning to do the exam in early October, if God so wills.

Your post gives me a little bit of hope! Hopefully it works out for all of us :)

Tips from my experience

Did you use the RxPrep 2017 version?